Important Information Regarding Your Ten Club Membership

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    edited December 2022
    I mean, Metallica basically gives me the same thing for free.  I realize 10c isn't free to run, but $35 for a shot at tickets at a show by you ever handful of years.. seems kind of steep.

I stopped doing analog because I didn't really use the shirts, and I don't really use the bootleg codes (Because they try charge a premium for flac), and I usually just buy the shows I went to on CD.

I'll keep my membership going as ticket access is a pretty solid benefit, but $35 for a digital member for presale tickets, and the right to spend more money on merch.. I dunno, it's an odd move.  Makes it feel more like other fan clubs where you pay $40 or $50 just for access to presale tickets.

At a minimum it would be nice if the 10c made the bootleg code work for all digital formats instead of the lowest quality.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    sr-71 said:
    What ist going on for 2023?
    Does everybody get a payrise of 75%?

No sh*t!  I sure as hell did not get a 75% increase in my income this year. 
    The timing on this sucks, the increase is only attractive (maybe) to people here who like to buy lots of stuff, and last I heard, this band is not in the poor house.
    I love the fans here, admire the fine work of the mods and admin, but really question this move.  Maybe time for me to move on.  And that sucks big-time too.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JimmyV said:
    If they brainstormed ideas, I'd be stunned if no one at least suggested restricting the ticket benefit into a higher premium level of membership. I'm glad they didn't go down that road. 
    Yeah I don’t mind this change! How much would you be willing to pay for a premium level membership? And would that guarantee tickets ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited December 2022
    Tbh, if the cost increase is too much for anyone, and you're only in it for the tickets, I would drop it no questions asked.  With how many tickets come available on Fan 2 Fan within a week of show, you'll probably end up with better seats than you would have gotten with your number anyway.  The only exception is MSG, and 10c odds are usually at like 3% anyway.

The last 10C Destination event was 11 years ago (PJ20) and theres no signs of there ever being a show worth having 10c FOMO again
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Tbh, if the cost increase is too much for anyone, and you're only in it for the tickets, I would drop it no questions asked.  With how many tickets come available on Fan 2 Fan within a week of show, you'll probably end up with better seats than you would have gotten with your number anyway.  The only exception is MSG, and 10c odds are usually at like 3% anyway.
    This...just stash away what you would consider a fair membership price year-to-year and then use it on the secondary market when they tour.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • sr-71 said:

Well you're getting a bootleg with it which has a market value of $10 which puts the membership allocation at $25. 

Then membership fees haven't increased since 2011.

$20 in 2011 is worth $26.50 today. So in comparison you're saving $1.50 on the deal.

There's also a $5 donation to Vitalogy.

$35 minus $10 minus $5 =

$20.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    sr-71 said:

Well you're getting a bootleg with it which has a market value of $10 which puts the membership allocation at $25. 

$20 in 2011 is worth $26.50 today. So in comparison you're saving $1.50 on the deal.

$35 minus $10 minus $5 =

$20.

My wife and I already tithe our income to social and environmental organizations that we carefully scrutinize to insure as best as possible that our dollars are doing the most they can to make a difference i this world.  I don't need a rock band site to make that kind of decision for me. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 798
    This sucks majorly. Ending the fan club singles was one thing. Fleecing people for more money just because you can while allowing Ticketmaster to scalp the actual best seats in the house at exorbitant prices is really really lame. Really don’t want to give up my seniority but hard to front more $ every year when I’m lacking any faith there is any one that actually cares about the fans left in the organization. PJ/10c seems to just be a money making business with no passion or commitment left in it (no more DEEP, no more fan club holiday single, shorter more homogenous set lists and tours, etc). Losing respect for this group more and more. 
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK.
    09 -Spectrum II,III,IV.
    10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo)
    12- Made in America Festival
    13- Oakland
    14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    17- eV Ohana
    18- Seattle I, II
    21- SHN
    22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden 

• SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    If there is any bright side to this for anyone, it is for those with December renewals as we'll get all the benefits for the same price for a year.  Sucks most for those who auto renew in January.  Now that I've moved from California to Florida though, I question if PJ will ever play another show here.  The chances aren't good.
  • I am surprised that they didn’t say anything about future vault results. They only talk about special priced merchandise. 
    I fear the vaults are dead, which makes the membership less valuable for me.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Tbh, if the cost increase is too much for anyone, and you're only in it for the tickets, I would drop it no questions asked.  With how many tickets come available on Fan 2 Fan within a week of show, you'll probably end up with better seats than you would have gotten with your number anyway.  The only exception is MSG, and 10c odds are usually at like 3% anyway.

The last 10C Destination event was 11 years ago (PJ20) and theres no signs of there ever being a show worth having 10c FOMO again

I never thought about that.  With Fan2Fan you can access 10c tickets without being a member.  That throws a new wrinkle into things.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    As an analog member I think this is very rough for digital folks… they should just stop offering the digital memberships and “grandfather” the active digital membership
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    edited December 2022
    This is a 75% increase for most people at a time when a lot of folks are struggling.  I’m likely to keep it anyway but it’s a pretty tone deaf move.  
    Maybe if this was gas/food/utility/medicine.

But a fanclub membership? Cmon.
    What’s your point? Because it’s a nonessential item people should just suck it up? I’m saying it’s a bad gesture on the part of millionaires to jack the price of this when essential items are escalating on people.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    axeljohan said:
    I am surprised that they didn’t say anything about future vault results. They only talk about special priced merchandise. 

Please God I hope not. 
  • Can't even give us a FLAC download? It's not 2005 anymore. It's ridiculous that there's a premium on lossless in the first place.

The merch discount is going to be insignificant, especially with exorbitant international shipping.

Basically paying $35usd now for a shot at tickets once a decade. At least I could look forward to a shitty t-shirt once a year. Hopefully get one more show and then I can cancel for good.
  • I would renew no matter what, $35 to support the band I love and their foundation is A-OK with me.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Zilbale said:
    I would renew no matter what, $35 to support the band I love and their foundation is A-OK with me.
    +1
  • demetrios said:
    axeljohan said:
    I am surprised that they didn’t say anything about future vault results. They only talk about special priced merchandise. 

Please God I hope not. 
    Don’t you think, they would highlight a yearly vault for members, if they wanted to continue the series?
  • This is a 75% increase for most people at a time when a lot of folks are struggling.  I’m likely to keep it anyway but it’s a pretty tone deaf move.  

What’s your point? Because it’s a nonessential item people should just suck it up? I’m saying it’s a bad gesture on the part of millionaires to jack the price of this when essential items are escalating on people.  
    Yeah basically,  for something as nonessential as this, either pay or walk away.

I don't have much emotional attachment to this one.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Really interested in these three bullets:
    • Membership Items (NEW) -Specially priced members-only annual merchandise items
    • Exclusive Merchandise - Access to limited edition posters, vinyl, shirts, and all kinds of goodies only available to Ten Club members.
    • Merchandise Discount Events -Discounts and exclusive offers in the Pearl Jam shop
    Curious what more things they will have for collectors. I’m really only into the vinyl and posters of shows I attend, but maybe some other stuff would be appealing. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    If there is any bright side to this for anyone, it is for those with December renewals as we'll get all the benefits for the same price for a year.  Sucks most for those who auto renew in January.  Now that I've moved from California to Florida though, I question if PJ will ever play another show here.  The chances aren't good.
    My renewal is this week so I'm guessing I pay the old price. Will see what kind of perks there are in 2023. Regarding the Vault, the UK/EU store doesn't require you to be a member to purchase.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    As an Australian fan who originally joined for a) the seniority based perks for tickets and b) the now discontinued annual vinyl - given we've had just 3 headline tours here in the last 20 years, it's hard to justify staying. 35USD = approx 51AUD today 
    Agreed. And most, if not all of the ‘contests’ we can ‘enter’ are US only anyway! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • This is a 75% increase for most people at a time when a lot of folks are struggling.  I’m likely to keep it anyway but it’s a pretty tone deaf move.  

Yeah basically,  for something as nonessential as this, either pay or walk away.

I don't have much emotional attachment to this one.
    I get that.  It’s still a lump of coal IMO. Cheers 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I dig this. I switched to digital a few years back. I don’t mind the increase & getting a bootleg. I usually buy at least one a year anyway, so now it’s just one transaction.
  • allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 798
    I dig this. I switched to digital a few years back. I don’t mind the increase & getting a bootleg. I usually buy at least one a year anyway, so now it’s just one transaction.
    You already got a bootleg code for a free download as a digital member. They are on your account page if you haven’t used them. 
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK.
    09 -Spectrum II,III,IV.
    10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo)
    12- Made in America Festival
    13- Oakland
    14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    17- eV Ohana
    18- Seattle I, II
    21- SHN
    22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden 

• brianlux said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is fine. My membership increases $15 in price, but I get $10 to use when buying boots. Everything is all good as long as they keep touring and playing shows. 

For those of us who don't buy more stuff and don't do downloads is simply another case of high inflation and the only choice is to pay up or quit. 
    Hmmm.  Maybe time to say adios. 
    This sucks.
    Do it. I fully support members with lower numbers than mine leaving over 4 extra cents a day. 
  • brianlux said:
    sr-71 said:

$35 minus $10 minus $5 =

$20.

My wife and I already tithe our income to social and environmental organizations that we carefully scrutinize to insure as best as possible that our dollars are doing the most they can to make a difference i this world.  I don't need a rock band site to make that kind of decision for me. 
    😂🤣🤪 it’s an extra 4 cents a day. If you can’t come up with $15 extra a year, let me know and I’ll help you set up a go fund me.
    Clutch those pearls. It’s an extra 4 cents a day. If you can’t afford it, I already know there’s no way you’re buying the concert tickets which is the main benefit that if they had be the ONLY benefit from the start and charged $100 a year and just dropped it to $95 you’d be all in.
  • goblues82 said:
    This is a 75% increase for most people at a time when a lot of folks are struggling.  I’m likely to keep it anyway but it’s a pretty tone deaf move.  
    Clutch those pearls. It’s an extra 4 cents a day. If you can’t afford it, I already know there’s no way you’re buying the concert tickets which is the main benefit that if they had be the ONLY benefit from the start and charged $100 a year and just dropped it to $95 you’d be all in.
    You are missing the point.  

• As an Australian fan who originally joined for a) the seniority based perks for tickets and b) the now discontinued annual vinyl - given we've had just 3 headline tours here in the last 20 years, it's hard to justify staying. 35USD = approx 51AUD today 
    As a fellow Aussie member I couldn't agree more - the early pre-sale tickets are not much of a bonus anymore as it has been too long between shows and if you are a member of the promotion company or ticket vendors then you usually can have access to pre-sale tickets anyway.

What with the exchange rate I was already struggling to justify $55 a year for basically a t-shirt which BTW I do love. Now I will have to pay extra for the shirt plus shipping on top of the $55 membership. With the increased cost of living we are all experiencing this will reluctantly leave me with the decision of whether to renew my membership or not which is quite disappointing.