Beware Alert - belinda27

Comments

• lot of people don't seem to understand the potential implications of mental illness. it can lead to impulsive behaviour, which can mean she no longer has the cash nor the means to make good on the goods. being able to log into an account does not equate to be a functional human being. 

as F Me said, not excusing, but these things can be a complex set of circumstances. 
    I’m a psychologist. I understand perfectly well the ramifications of mental illness. There is also the more than likely possibility this person is a conn artist. 
  • lot of people don't seem to understand the potential implications of mental illness. it can lead to impulsive behaviour, which can mean she no longer has the cash nor the means to make good on the goods. being able to log into an account does not equate to be a functional human being. 

as F Me said, not excusing, but these things can be a complex set of circumstances. 
    I’m a psychologist. I understand perfectly well the ramifications of mental illness. There is also the more than likely possibility this person is a conn artist. 
    Exactly
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    lot of people don't seem to understand the potential implications of mental illness. it can lead to impulsive behaviour, which can mean she no longer has the cash nor the means to make good on the goods. being able to log into an account does not equate to be a functional human being. 

@m@mookieblalock

Awesome! I am an LPC. Been practicing for almost 20 years now. Do you do testing and therapy or just testing? 

www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    lot of people don't seem to understand the potential implications of mental illness. it can lead to impulsive behaviour, which can mean she no longer has the cash nor the means to make good on the goods. being able to log into an account does not equate to be a functional human being. 

you haven't treated her, though, so you don't know any more than a non-psychologist in this situation. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    For me, I think it’s helpful to think of this in two ways:

First, the OP (and anyone else who didn’t get what they paid for) is upset and rightly so. They, in good faith, tried to buy something and didn’t receive it and then didn’t get refunded. That sucks. They are trying to help everyone else here not get screwed over as well. That is commendable, and part of what makes this community work. 

Second, there is a person who is suffering and, maybe through no fault of their own, is fucking up a lot. This person deserves some sympathy. They are obviously struggling. No pejoratives are needed though, especially to describe someone with mental health issues. 

Our sympathy for the seller doesn’t negate the fact that the OP should be upset, and is also probably doing the right thing warning other people not to buy from the seller. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

you haven't treated her, though, so you don't know any more than a non-psychologist in this situation. 
    I don't think he's weighing in on this in his official capacity as a psychologist, that wouldn't be ethical, but rather saying in his profession he has known folks to be both mentally unwell and be a con. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800

I don't think he's weighing in on this in his official capacity as a psychologist, that wouldn't be ethical, but rather saying in his profession he has known folks to be both mentally unwell and be a con. 
    Thank you 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

hahaha
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789

i think he/she/them/they does ...

a great therapist once told me ' mental illness is NOT an excuse for being and asshole"

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2022

Agreed. Who hasn’t known one? 
    It’s pretty easy to be forgiving to someone with mental health issues when you aren’t the one who is getting ripped off. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I remember when these items were posted for sale, as I was very close to purchasing one.  I remember the items selling fairly quickly as well.  Point being, the seller was well enough to successfully post multiple items for sale, along with photos of the items, but when they sold shortly thereafter, she was not well enough to fulfill her end of the deal.  I feel for those that were ripped off with no recourse.  Ugly situation.

@m@mookieblalock

Awesome! I am an LPC. Been practicing for almost 20 years now. Do you do testing and therapy or just testing? 

Awesome, man! I’ve seen you on here all these years and never knew that. I mostly do evals with some therapy sprinkled in, but have picked up a lot of counseling over the past few years due the overwhelming demand on the system, as you know. 

My nephew just became a LMHC a few months ago. We have a pretty impaired relative, who kind of inspired us both. Bless you for doing what you do!

Thank you. Exactly! 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664

Having 'known Belinda' for many years I would confidently state that she is far from a con artist. She was a well known collector, and trader, and buyer and seller for many many years. There were a few occasions where things went wrong a few years ago, and threads started here and it was a worry for many but she did make good in the end. It was inexcusable to be honest, as communication is vital - and just to contact someone when having taken their money is the very least that could be expected. However things were made right and everyone moved on. 

Belinda has clearly had a significant relapse here and I am not making excuses for her at all but I wouldn't ever describe her as a con artist. There is quite obviously something very wrong which we are not aware of. I do not believe however she ever set out to scam people here. 

I just hope against all hope that she makes good on her deals again. People have sent significant sums of cash, and those goods just need to be shipped. If there is a funding issue in paying for shipping, it would be helpful if she could just let people know. Or if she isn't capable presently of sending those items out then ask a support worker to assist, or a member of family. There are ways to deal with this. 

I have a very good friend out a couple of grand on this and I know he is astounded at how its gone, and beyond frustrated at the ability to get any sort of response as to either having his cash returned or his items sent. 

I am going to reach out to her again and see if i can help get this situation resolved in any way. Even if its to help with the shipping fees or whatever, but just getting a line drawn would be such a relief for all the buyers who laid out hard earned cash. 
  • Paul nailed it. Thanks Paul for your perspective and care in your post.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    pdalowsky said:

Belinda has clearly had a significant relapse here and I am not making excuses for her at all but I wouldn't ever describe her as a con artist. There is quite obviously something very wrong which we are not aware of. I do not believe however she ever set out to scam people here. 
    h.

Possibly in patient? Committed? 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2022
    pdalowsky said:

Having 'known Belinda' for many years I would confidently state that she is far from a con artist. She was a well known collector, and trader, and buyer and seller for many many years. There were a few occasions where things went wrong a few years ago, and threads started here and it was a worry for many but she did make good in the end. It was inexcusable to be honest, as communication is vital - and just to contact someone when having taken their money is the very least that could be expected. However things were made right and everyone moved on. 

I just hope against all hope that she makes good on her deals again. People have sent significant sums of cash, and those goods just need to be shipped. If there is a funding issue in paying for shipping, it would be helpful if she could just let people know. Or if she isn't capable presently of sending those items out then ask a support worker to assist, or a member of family. There are ways to deal with this. 

I have a very good friend out a couple of grand on this and I know he is astounded at how its gone, and beyond frustrated at the ability to get any sort of response as to either having his cash returned or his items sent. 

I am going to reach out to her again and see if i can help get this situation resolved in any way. Even if its to help with the shipping fees or whatever, but just getting a line drawn would be such a relief for all the buyers who laid out hard earned cash. 
    So there is a pattern here. I have to say, I’ve purchased a lot of stuff on the Forum over the years and never had a problem. Not once. I’ve sold a few items to people and took that as a great responsibility to the community at large.  I just cannot feel sympathy for anyone who sells PJ memorabilia to members of this community and then doesn’t deliver. 

Has anyone thought about the people who are suffering and perhaps going through mental health issues because of what this person has done? Maybe that person was going through a rough time mentally and thought owning that piece of PJ merch they always wanted would bring them some joy. Then that doesn’t even work for them, in a place they usually feel safe (this Forum). 

Sounds like Paul’s friend is pretty distraught. I’m not going to apologize for feeling a lot worse for them than “belinda”. And before anyone comes at me for being insensitive/ a Neanderthal/uneducated/unenlightened I live(d) with two people who suffer from borderline personality disorder, one of which who also suffers from extreme anxiety.  And if I type anything more about this I will end up in tears.

No matter what your mental state… there is no excuse for doing harm to kind and caring people. 

Edited for grammar/spelling 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    pdalowsky said:

So there is a pattern here. I have to say, I’ve purchased a lot of stuff on the Forum over the years and never had a problem. Not once. I’ve sold a few items to people and took that as a great responsibility to the community at large.  I just cannot feel sympathy for anyone who sells PJ memorabilia to members of this community and then doesn’t deliver. 

Has anyone thought about the people who are suffering and perhaps going through mental health issues because of what this person has done? Maybe that person was going through a rough time mentally and thought owning that piece of PJ merch they always wanted would bring them some joy. Then that doesn’t even work for them, in a place they usually feel safe (this Forum). 

Sounds like Paul’s friend is pretty distraught. I’m not going to apologize for feeling a lot worse for them than “belinda”. And before anyone comes at me for being insensitive/ a Neanderthal/uneducated/unenlightened I live(d) with two people who suffer from borderline personality disorder, one of which who also suffers from extreme anxiety.  And if I type anything more about this I will end up in tears.

No matter what your mental state… there is no excuse for doing harm to kind and caring people. 

Just to be clear - I also do not agree that there is any excuse for this. My post was purely to address the suggestion she is a con artist. I think its much deeper than that, but even so it no way justifies the failure to deliver. 

I will do anything I can to help ensure that these parcels get mailed, I dont know what that will entail yet but i hate seeing buyers out of pocket also, and I do accept 100% your point about the potential impact on the recipients. 

I do not think you come across remotely insensitive, you are basically stating straight up facts 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I saw the OP got his item eventually. Are those who are still waiting for theirs from the same time a year ago, or were there more recent sales?
  • pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

Just to be clear - I also do not agree that there is any excuse for this. My post was purely to address the suggestion she is a con artist. I think its much deeper than that, but even so it no way justifies the failure to deliver. 

I will do anything I can to help ensure that these parcels get mailed, I dont know what that will entail yet but i hate seeing buyers out of pocket also, and I do accept 100% your point about the potential impact on the recipients.
    I do not think you come across remotely insensitive, you are basically stating straight up facts 
    Hey Paul, my post wasn’t a retort to your post, just quoted you as a follow up. It is apparent how awful you feel and doing whatever to help is beyond noble. 
    I have had friends who eventually ended up ripping me off. Knew them for years and ultimately they determined the price of our friendship. It was whatever they owed me.  Some probably had some mental health issues, no doubt they were probably self-medicating. This belinda person wasn’t always ripping people off, but people change and sometimes not for the better.  

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    She is a con. No matter how you slice it. She knows exactly what she is doing. Mental illness or not.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Man if I paid a few hundred bucks for an item and didn't get it the list of things I'd be interested in hearing about would go:

1. How to get my item
    2. How to get my money
    498,473. An actual or hypothetical reasoning on what could be driving the behavior that has left me without 1 or 2
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    cmalisze said:
    She is a con. No matter how you slice it. She knows exactly what she is doing. Mental illness or not.
    thats the spirit...
  • You can punch someone in the face because you’re having a bad day (or month), and feel bad afterwards. It doesn’t negate the fact someone got punched in the face. 

This place is funny 
  • pdalowsky said:

This is not meant to be sarcastic or insensitive, but maybe you don’t know her as well as you think you did? Being “well known” and “knowing her” are two different things. This women has been having credibility problems for years. That is something everyone agrees on.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    edited December 2022
    I will speak as a very  mentally  ill person  and all ive ever done is give . Be kind and help.
    I think  when you know what the bottom truly  feels like you dont hurt anyone. I cant see a time even when suicidal that i would take money . Sorry if that is insensitive but taking is taking . There is not an excuse. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I will speak as a very  mentally  ill person  and all ive ever done is give . Be kind and help.
    I think  when you know what the bottom truly  feels like you dont hurt anyone. I cant see a time even when suicidal that i would take money . Sorry if that is insensitive but taking is taking . There is not an excuse. 
    Unless she experiences mania or hypo mania, then all bets are off regarding what is a good idea and isn’t. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Bouts of but that  still isnt ok. You know whats real  and what you took and spent or kept sorry ive thought  about  this a lot. It is as simple as not acceptable  on a fan to fan forum. The  very ethos of this  place is of kindness and helping a fellow fan out. We all have big issues and problems. There is only one rule. " Dont be an asshole". 
    If you take someones money  you know  what you are doing manic or not 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Bouts of but that  still isnt ok. You know whats real  and what you took and spent or kept sorry ive thought  about  this a lot. It is as simple as not acceptable  on a fan to fan forum. The  very ethos of this  place is of kindness and helping a fellow fan out. We all have big issues and problems. There is only one rule. " Dont be an asshole". 

Bouts of but that  still isnt ok. You know whats real  and what you took and spent or kept sorry ive thought  about  this a lot. It is as simple as not acceptable  on a fan to fan forum. The  very ethos of this  place is of kindness and helping a fellow fan out. We all have big issues and problems. There is only one rule. " Dont be an asshole". 
    Very hard to disagree with this Rob, I've enjoyed being a part of this community for the last 20 years or so and I would go as far as saying I don't think I've ever found anything remotely like it in life generally. 

I don't think anyone knows what's gone on behind the scenes here, however what I think everyone will agree with is that there are no excuses that can be made. None. There may be reasons that have created the mess, but its impossible to excuse. Its just simply not good enough. 

I stand firm in that I am sure she never intended to pull this as a scam, I hope I am not wrong in that, but that doesn't mean what is going on is acceptable in any shape or form. Its just not. 

I heard back from Belinda last week that she is going to make this right. Yes I know that is just words for now, and they will seem very hollow to those waiting. So action has to follow......watch this space.