The National Football League

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Rumor is that Ryan wants out of his contract with the Colts. Not sure if SF has shown interest or not but that is the rumor.

I wonder if the Dolts will try to pick up Mayfield?
    SF can always trade for Carson Wentz. lol
    I am fairly confident I can speak for the entire 49er fan base when I say "thanks, but no thanks".
  • Baker Mayfield will be a 49er soon.
    Baker Mayfield will be a 49er soon.
    Once again "thanks, but no thanks". 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Neither of those guys will on the Niners.  (Wentz, Mayfield)
    Could see Matt Ryan if he gets cut loose, though. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I like Ryan. He's getting a back shake in Indy. Three interceptions against the cowboys but at least one was a deflection and the others were desperation throws to attempt to get us back in the game. He has been put in an impossible position.

The press is brutal toward him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited December 2022
    I like Ryan. He's getting a back shake in Indy. Three interceptions against the cowboys but at least one was a deflection and the others were desperation throws to attempt to get us back in the game. He has been put in an impossible position.

That whole game is pretty crazy in terms of perception. The Colts were right there with them into the 4th quarter. Had the 4th gone the way the rest of the game did, I think people would be talking about the Cowboys struggling to defeat a mediocre-ish squad. A flukey 15 minutes later and ---bam...Cowboys are now frontrunners to win the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile the 11-1 Eagles absolutely demolish a tough Titans squad and nobody seems to care...but we fans like it that way though. Make us the underdogs, pretty please! 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited December 2022

That whole game is pretty crazy in terms of perception. The Colts were right there with them into the 4th quarter. Had the 4th gone the way the rest of the game did, I think people would be talking about the Cowboys struggling to defeat a mediocre-ish squad. A flukey 15 minutes later and ---bam...Cowboys are now frontrunners to win the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile the 11-1 Eagles absolutely demolish a tough Titans squad and nobody seems to care...but we fans like it that way though. Make us the underdogs, pretty please! 

It's wild just how much weight "the last thing I saw" carries in day to day discourse and people's perception of things.  
  • Neither of those guys will on the Niners.  (Wentz, Mayfield)
    49ers need a QB now.  Baker is getting let go now.  Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited December 2022
    Matt Ryan’s cousin is OT for 49ers

Kyle & him had great success in 2yrs in ATL

I think Purdy is their best bet though…. It’s tough to gel this Late with a new qb in the room
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    49ers need a QB now.  Baker is getting let go now.  Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere.
    Baker is not good in NFL and doesn't know the system.  Purdy is a rookie who has been studying the system and is likely to make rookie errors like throwing picks, wasting timeouts, taking sacks etc.
    Otherwise known as "pulling a Baker Mayfield"

It is damn tough to be on qb#3, for sure, but this Niners fan would rather go with a rookie who may make lots of rookie mistakes, than a veteran who I feel confident will make lots of rookie mistakes and who also potentially disrupts the team flow.

Ryan knows the system or else I wouldn't have thrown in a reply on him.  I know he is on the Colts.

A few weeks ago the Colts almost beat the Eagles....lost 17-16 at home

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

A few weeks ago the Colts almost beat the Eagles....lost 17-16 at home
    I seem to recall that game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Baker is not good in NFL and doesn't know the system.  Purdy is a rookie who has been studying the system and is likely to make rookie errors like throwing picks, wasting timeouts, taking sacks etc.

It is damn tough to be on qb#3, for sure, but this Niners fan would rather go with a rookie who may make lots of rookie mistakes, than a veteran who I feel confident will make lots of rookie mistakes and who also potentially disrupts the team flow.

Ryan knows the system or else I wouldn't have thrown in a reply on him.  I know he is on the Colts.

Purdy will make mistakes because of a lack of experience, Baker makes them because he tries to make "hero plays". The way the team is built, the QB has to be efficient, not a superstar. Run the ball, get the ball to the playmakers to let them go off, and let the defense shut down the other team. Even with Jimmy, if the defense had a bad game we weren't going to win very many shootouts.

Purdy will make mistakes because of a lack of experience, Baker makes them because he tries to make "hero plays". The way the team is built, the QB has to be efficient, not a superstar. Run the ball, get the ball to the playmakers to let them go off, and let the defense shut down the other team. Even with Jimmy, if the defense had a bad game we weren't going to win very many shootouts.
    Yeah, pretty much agree with this.  I know we would both love to have the type of qb who could be a game changer (why we drafted TL, of course) but more important to not turn the ball over and be able to throw on time.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Baker!  That was the most Raiders loss of all time.  It's amazing that no matter who their players/coaches are, they are just the dumbest team in the league.  Insane.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Outside of planting the flag vs. THEosu, I kinda like Baker. Hopefully, he gets a chance somewhere. Maybe LA? Stafford may be done.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Mayfield has to feel pretty fucking good today. I wish the Colts would have grabbed him

I still feel the same about him but good for him and I am sure he feels great.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Reporting from Cleveland that Browns will offer Watson and 3 first rounders for Baker.  I like the deal. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    edited December 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Reporting from Cleveland that Browns will offer Watson and 3 first rounders for Baker.  I like the deal. 
    Would be worth the 3 firsts to get out from under that contract.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    russell wilson just keeps getting worse.

the KC dude has now caught 11% of russ’ 2022 TD passes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    aw, fuck…russ just threw one to his own guy. let’s ride!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    and another. shouldn’t have talked shit but I’m pretty sure he’ll take another L.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    and another. shouldn’t have talked shit but I’m pretty sure he’ll take another L.
    Pretty sure he won't know where he is right now if you ask him.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    edited December 2022
    Purdy, Mr Irrelevant.  Best story of the night.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Purdy, Mr Irrelevant.  Best story of the night.
    He’s a total gym rat guy… it’s not too big for him. Gonna be a great story down the stretch

hope Deebo is OK… much respect for his game

49ers D dominant
    Wobbie said:
    Hey what were you saying last week about point differential? lol

I wonder if people will continue to overlook the best team in football. I hope they do. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Niners demolish Tom Brady during his homecoming (damn, I wanted to puke every time they said "he's from San Mateo", like that was more important than the game) and it would have been glorious had we not suffered yet another big injury.  
    Hope Deebo can be back for playoffs.
    Huge loss, if not.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Brady ruined his marriage so he could play this season....yikes.  The Bucs are just not a good team.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    You think Brady regrets giving up Gisselle to get waxed by Brock Purdy?