The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    “Come back to Maine! 

• Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 613
    demetrios said:
    “Come back to Maine! 

I would love a Maine or NH show to go along with a Boston and Hartford show!  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Not saying the shows weren’t near sellouts, but there were tons of options the days and weeks leading up to the shows, something we have never seen in the east. Go Animals thread -
    • Fresno, SAC, and the rescheduled Cali shows have plenty of affordable tix. Take a week of if you can, and make the Cali run!

This is the only pic I could find, forum was similar the week of the show

I get that everyone east is hating on the CA shows, the reality is in 2020 all the shows were just as sold as the east. F2F tickets were still in high demand and getting upgrades was hard to do. Fast forward to 2022, PJ played Ohana twice, then the CA dates were front loaded in time where CV was still very unpredictable. .. The spacing of the events had free time to add dates, SAC, Fresno, LV.. In 2020, I had PHX, and both OAK shows, when new dates dropped, I changed to SD, OAK2, Fresno, SAC.. for me it was better on my schedule as I live in SAC. The Demand was diluted a but and you do not have the high level of people following the tour. Now from a PJ perspective what is better, selling out every show to traveling fans, or bringing in NEW fans that will buy their records and see shows in the future? Sure they could add more shows in the east and have the same people attending each.. or bring in a new base while also satisfying the travelers. 

Great comment except for the hating part. We should be happy for any location getting an abundance of shows. I always forget about all the Ohana shows…that is definitely a good point and makes the decision to add more 2022 shows in the west puzzling when they haven’t played  Texas in so long.

I guess the bottom line is they could sell out a Bay Area and a socal stadium easy, but a stadium tour would be a shame, and not sure how much additional profit it creates. There’s no seating behind stage, a stadium tour usually requires two sets of equipment and crews, as set up time is usually four days. 

Plus, bands draw in stadium sized audiences with elaborate and expensive  shows and huge screens to give fans in the upper deck something to look at. This has not been part of the PJ wheelhouse to date. Those screens at Fenway were tiny. Nothing beats Arena PJ in the Round, and it’s worth a premium price over a stadium ticket any day any time, if we need to make up the profit.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Not saying the shows weren’t near sellouts, but there were tons of options the days and weeks leading up to the shows, something we have never seen in the east. Go Animals thread -
    • Fresno, SAC, and the rescheduled Cali shows have plenty of affordable tix. Take a week of if you can, and make the Cali run!

I get that everyone east is hating on the CA shows, the reality is in 2020 all the shows were just as sold as the east. F2F tickets were still in high demand and getting upgrades was hard to do. Fast forward to 2022, PJ played Ohana twice, then the CA dates were front loaded in time where CV was still very unpredictable. .. The spacing of the events had free time to add dates, SAC, Fresno, LV.. In 2020, I had PHX, and both OAK shows, when new dates dropped, I changed to SD, OAK2, Fresno, SAC.. for me it was better on my schedule as I live in SAC. The Demand was diluted a but and you do not have the high level of people following the tour. Now from a PJ perspective what is better, selling out every show to traveling fans, or bringing in NEW fans that will buy their records and see shows in the future? Sure they could add more shows in the east and have the same people attending each.. or bring in a new base while also satisfying the travelers. 

Great comment except for the hating part. We should be happy for any location getting an abundance of shows. I always forget about all the Ohana shows…that is definitely a good point and makes the decision to add more 2022 shows in the west puzzling when they haven’t played  Texas in so long.

I guess the bottom line is they could sell out a Bay Area and a socal stadium easy, but a stadium tour would be a shame, and not sure how much additional profit it creates. There’s no seating behind stage, a stadium tour usually requires two sets of equipment and crews, as set up time is usually four days. 

Plus, bands draw in stadium sized audiences with elaborate and expensive  shows and huge screens to give fans in the upper deck something to look at. This has not been part of the PJ wheelhouse to date. Those screens at Fenway were tiny. Nothing beats Arena PJ in the Round, and it’s worth a premium price over a stadium ticket any day any time, if we need to make up the profit.
    PJ has never played in the round.  They always play end stage. 
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    CopperTom said:

I’m sure he just means with fans all around, the 360 setup
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited September 2022
    I personally see 8-10 shows internationally (South America or Australia), and then 10-15 shows in the Midwest, east coast, and Seattle. Hoping they hit Houston and Atlanta because it’s been far too long.

By the way, a band that puts out a new music video for an Album 2.5 years old, is probably playing more shows
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 164
    May have been mentioned already, but anyone notice after the second leg ended, the greek changed the name of the Facebook group from Pearl Jam 2022 tour to Pearl Jam 2022/2023 tour? 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    May have been mentioned already, but anyone notice after the second leg ended, the greek changed the name of the Facebook group from Pearl Jam 2022 tour to Pearl Jam 2022/2023 tour? 
    Good pick up! Don’t think it’s been mentioned. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    edited September 2022
    Ooh, nice catch!  I think I was even on it after it changed and didn’t notice.  So I think it’s pretty safe to say there will be shows in 2023! 

I miss the Dimi hints btw, feel free to bring those back!
  • May have been mentioned already, but anyone notice after the second leg ended, the greek changed the name of the Facebook group from Pearl Jam 2022 tour to Pearl Jam 2022/2023 tour? 
    It’s posts like this that keep me addicted to this thread! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Bunting10 said:
    demetrios said:
    “Come back to Maine! 

I would love a Maine or NH show to go along with a Boston and Hartford show!  

A New England Pearl Jam Road Trip would be pretty freaking sweet!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    It’s posts like this that keep me addicted to this thread! 
    Lol, yup 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Haijay said:
    CopperTom said:

I’m sure he just means with fans all around, the 360 setup

Yep, thanks for that. Using a bit of literary or artistic license. There is something special about a packed PJ arena show with fans 360 around the band that can’t be matched at sheds nor stadium. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited September 2022
    John Mellencamp just announced a 76 show tour of North America during the first half of 2023. 76 shows!

https://www.jambase.com/article/john-mellencamp-tour-dates-2023

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    JimmyV said:
    John Mellencamp just announced a 76 show tour of North America during the first half of 2023. 76 shows!

https://www.jambase.com/article/john-mellencamp-tour-dates-2023

And Rage just canceled...so there's maybe some open dates now, although I bet everything for next year is largely set in stone...but ya never know.

According to rumors, the potential cities for May 6th 2010 were State College, Columbus and Dallas/Houston/Austin...can't remember, but Dallas comes to mind. Anyway, the Columbus NHL team failed to make the playoffs, which probably helped the Columbus cause.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Some Earthlings dates on the East Coast would be pretty cool, tbh
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    With Glen please!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,226
    Florida run
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin

They go to that baseball stadium in Worcester, do the first few seconds of Dirty Water, then go straight into Dirty Frank.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

They go to that baseball stadium in Worcester, do the first few seconds of Dirty Water, then go straight into Dirty Frank.
    What a tease that was at Fenway.  
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Bunting10 said:

What a tease that was at Fenway.  
    Almost ruined the show 
    In 2016, we got the Wooden Jesus tease.

I wonder if there were/are any plans for a third stop at Fenway for the teasefecta.

Yes please, especially a date or two on the East Coast of Canada.
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    Just to throw this out there if it hasn’t been talked about already... They like playing Wrigley in August, if that holds up there’s a nice long road trip for the cubs second week of August. Over a week. The weekend of 11-13 makes a lot of sense for PJ 
  • Just to throw this out there if it hasn’t been talked about already... They like playing Wrigley in August, if that holds up there’s a nice long road trip for the cubs second week of August. Over a week. The weekend of 11-13 makes a lot of sense for PJ 
    Cubs out of town Aug. 7-14, 2023
    Red Sox out of town Aug. 14-24, 2023

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    News letter says " We can’t wait to get back to touring in the near future!"
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    DEGBTI said:
    News letter says " We can’t wait to get back to touring in the near future!"
    I like it!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    “Near future”!  So you’re saying there’s a chance!
  • It said near future and it also said Denver was the last PJ show or 22 and LV was the last Earthlings.  So 23 seems like a good bet.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023