Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    The Vancouver one we are going to has sold like shit.. lol.   When it first went on sale they didn't even sell one side of the lower bowl, and yet didn't even sell out the other half, then opened up the half they never put for sale.. lots of lower bowl tix left.

My guess is they'll tarp off the upper deck and give seat upgrades to the cheap seats.

Fingers crossed they don't get lowticketsaleacitus.

Seems to me they misjudged the size of venue they need.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Should have been a small theater tour. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I could see Pumpkins/Janes filling arenas but not at Stones prices
  • Dave Navarro out. Long Covid issues still.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited October 2022
    Dave Navarro out. Long Covid issues still.
    I’ve been somewhat skeptical this tour actually happens from the start.  I guess we will find out tomorrow in Dallas 

ticket sales plus this.  Seems like anything else happens they might just pull the plug.  I’m already expecting BC to be in a bad mood because of 1/2 full arenas 

they still haven’t sold out of the $225 new album box set and there is only 1,333 of them.  That pricing for that one isn’t high in the context of super deluxe sets.  Nothing is going right 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    pjl44 said:

In Vancouver they aren't charging anywhere near stones prices.  For the last Seattle show it was 400usd for the close sections in the wings or 500usd to be in the pit.  Our SP tickets for 4th row on the floor were 194 cdn after fees, less than 1/3rd the price :)
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Pretty bummed about the Dave news. Really looking forward to this tour though 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    How the hell can JA go without Dave? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    I’m already expecting BC to be in a bad mood because of 1/2 full arenas 
    I hate that, I've seen it before where a band/artist comments how empty a room is. You have a crowd of fans who spent their money and came to your show, but you are worrying about the people who didn't come? Lame
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

In Vancouver they aren't charging anywhere near stones prices.  For the last Seattle show it was 400usd for the close sections in the wings or 500usd to be in the pit.  Our SP tickets for 4th row on the floor were 194 cdn after fees, less than 1/3rd the price :)
    It was an offhand comment but they're also more expensive at least in Boston. 6th row here is 400usd. Lower loge 200.
    How the hell can JA go without Dave? 
    Troy Van Leeuwen is filling in. That's pretty great as far as replacements go.
    edited October 2022
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

It was 200USD here after fees and I’m not on the floor (by choice)

you guys are 60 USD per seat cheaper. That wasn’t any premium seating either.  In retrospect clearly it’s too much 

however the babysitter charge will be more than that so maybe it’s reasonable, they are actually doing something not just sitting on the couch   🤣
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

It was 200USD here after fees and I’m not on the floor (by choice)

you guys are 60 USD per seat cheaper. That wasn’t any premium seating either.  In retrospect clearly it’s too much 

Crazy.  Even at lower prices (you can get upper deck for 60cad), it's not selling well.    Except in big markets I'm wonder if the pumpkins should be play small arena or big theatres.

I was actually surprised I found people to go. I feel like I'm on my own Island when I tell people I still like the pumpkins.

1997 the show was at the same arena in Vancouver and it was sold right out, with a super energetic crowd.
    edited October 2022
    I bought tickets immediately.  I think they have gone down/ticket deals etc since then.  

Honestly I don’t know what the deal is, it was priced about the same as Jack Johnson and he sold out here. I like Jack a lot but unless I’m really out of touch I always thought SP would be at least that big of a draw.

our show is on Monday (doors at 5:30) which doesn’t help but it’s not like it’s only this show that’s struggling  
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    In terms of the first few shows, Nashville and Atlanta are most shockingly not-sold.  Looks like what, maybe 25% of seats are sold?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Maybe the economics are such that you can't just book an arena and sell a bunch of GA floor at 60 a pop like you used to. But I can't wrap my head around bands like the Pumpkins and Crowes booking these huge rooms AND selling decent seats for 150-200 on up.
    biz999 said:
    I’m already expecting BC to be in a bad mood because of 1/2 full arenas 
    I hate that, I've seen it before where a band/artist comments how empty a room is. You have a crowd of fans who spent their money and came to your show, but you are worrying about the people who didn't come? Lame
    It's enough of a bummer when you're at a show with a light crowd. If the artist is going to be salty about it they are better off just canceling and giving the money back. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    makes me glad to catch SP at 7k capacity outdoor venue this past spring.  was under 200 all in for 3 tix.

great show. bc in a great mood. 2 thumbs up
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    For the Portsmouth VA show this summer, they offered “same day ticket upgrades” for like $20 bucks around 10 am

They then went onto cancel the show at the minute doors were supposed to open

So if you get an email to “upgrade” your seat, I would probably hold off
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,035
    I’m in a bit of sticker shock on tickets to this. I said yes to going, someone else bought the tickets for me and I said yeah, let’s do the bottom. Really wasn’t thinking but there were $50 in fees and taxes. A full 33% of the ticket price. If I were Billy, I’d say that percentage number amounted to a conspiracy! Yeah, this should have been a smaller venue show. I mean Jack White is huge, and he still just usually books smaller spots.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    I’m in a bit of sticker shock on tickets to this. I said yes to going, someone else bought the tickets for me and I said yeah, let’s do the bottom. Really wasn’t thinking but there were $50 in fees and taxes. A full 33% of the ticket price. If I were Billy, I’d say that percentage number amounted to a conspiracy! Yeah, this should have been a smaller venue show. I mean Jack White is huge, and he still just usually books smaller spots.

also easier on jacks fans and staff with those bags he insists are used.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Looks like they turned off resale for the show tonight.  Ah, nothing like a little market manipulation to start a tour.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Surprisingly, Tampa has pretty decent sales...most of the lower level and 2nd floor are sold, just not the 3rd level. Helps it is a Friday night. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Not surprised by the poor sales in Atlanta.  Saw SP at the Gwinnett arena in 2018 and it was maybe 70% full at best.  That arena is much smaller than State Farm arena too.  Havn't decided on this show yet.  If I go, I'll just get tickets last minute. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    edited October 2022

Nobody here 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368

Nobody here 
    Holy smokes. Im sure that’s just the opener though right?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited October 2022

Nobody here 
    Holy smokes. Im sure that’s just the opener though right?
    Opener, but the vibe here is not exactly energetic. Im on my phone if that says anything 

the merch line isn’t that long so I’m thinking this is about it 

Nobody here 
    I can't imagine how much money the promotor is losing on this tour.... wow
    edited October 2022
    It wasn’t quite embarrassingly empty but clearly twice the venue they needed.  Billy absolutely didn’t phone it in though. Lots of engagement with the crowd and they all played their asses off. Billy-James banter is a bit awkward though 

Opened with empires which is awesome, bullet with butterfly wings, Today. When you start like that, no complaints from me.  Later it was a stretch of  tonight,tonight -cherub rock - zero - beguiled 

if you can go, it’s worth it.  Loudest concert I’ve ever been to by a large margin, that wasn’t great. Painfully loud.  If it was in Europe I’m sure there is some health and safety regulations they would be violating.  It’s what I would imagine what sticking your head in a jet engine would be like 

Billy is wearing dresses still and janes addiction brought strippers with them for their entire set so there is something for everyone 

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Thanks for all the updates.   Ya, they should have scheduled much smaller venues.  It has to be a little deflating being on stage and playing to an half empty arena. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.