Options

Canada: genocide and attempted extermination of indigenous peoples….

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-headdress-gift-pope-reaction-1.6533168

as a non-indigenous, I have my opinion on this, so I hesitantly share that this doesn't sit well with me. the first picture I saw of the pope with the headdress I thought it was photoshop. 
    He is the first Pope to stand up and apologize for what happened.  It is a great honor to receive a headdress but I don't see the Pope as worthy just yet but who am I?
    my take as well. As I understand it, headdresses are historically awarded to those as a result of their actions, not their words. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,463

• Options
    Canadians have National Truth and Reconciliation Day today,so I though I'd share Gord Downies The Secret Path, which BC schools recommend for those above grade five.

https://youtu.be/yGd764YU9yc

Quit stealing our damned children!
  • Options
    Reviewing a draft of an affidavit. So when we ask the government if we can sue the government for the disproportionate number of Indigenous women who have abortions, which contributes to this ongoing genocide, they say yes.
  • Options
    so these accusations of Buffy St Marie being a "pretendian" are interesting and quite polarizing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

First Nation along Highway of Tears found dead

MISSING WOMAN FOUND DEAD

The Canadian Press - Nov 6, 2023 / 7:30 pm 

...and another one...
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Also, today BC lost their attempt to wiggle out of responsibility for systemic health care racism. Another class action will proceed.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    https://www.cbc.ca/arts/ktunaxa-smokii-sumac-how-to-lose-everything-1.7065108

This one is by Smokii - called: For the Mothers. Smokii took part in my Ktunaxa language course for educators. Need a free CBC gem app/acct to view.
  • Options

• Options

No use bitching about the over representation of Indigenous children in foster care and not getting off my ass and doing something to help changes!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    Spunkie said:

No use bitching about the over representation of Indigenous children in foster care and not getting off my ass and doing something to help changes!

Big-time kudos!  That's wonderful, good job!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spunkie said:

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 787
    Spunkie said:

Awesome. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/gpzMWPQ8bpw?si=bCzFzr0MOO6TUFSI

Why are Indigenous women disappearing across Canada?
    20 minute new video
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,684

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    Spunkie said:
    https://youtu.be/gpzMWPQ8bpw?si=bCzFzr0MOO6TUFSI

Why are Indigenous women disappearing across Canada?
    20 minute new video

Thanks for posting this.  Hard to watch, but something that needs to be seen.
    mickeyrat said:

I hope this is helping.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    My First Nation is starting an opioid class action suit against the King/Canada for ongoing genocide.

Recent class actions against our genocide include:

- Residential School Survivor Settlement,

- Millenial Foster Care Scoop/Inept Social Services - 23.3 Billion Settlement (20,000-40,000 per survivor),

- Current Certification of Class Action against Sterlization/Forced Abortion.

(Castanet News Image)