Canada: genocide and attempted extermination of indigenous peoples….

15678911»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,719
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-headdress-gift-pope-reaction-1.6533168

as a non-indigenous, I have my opinion on this, so I hesitantly share that this doesn't sit well with me. the first picture I saw of the pope with the headdress I thought it was photoshop. 
    He is the first Pope to stand up and apologize for what happened.  It is a great honor to receive a headdress but I don't see the Pope as worthy just yet but who am I?
    my take as well. As I understand it, headdresses are historically awarded to those as a result of their actions, not their words. 
    1993 Gimli Sun/Mudfest
    2003 Fargo
    2005 Winnipeg
    2011 Winnipeg
    2014 St. Paul

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,238

Canadians have National Truth and Reconciliation Day today,so I though I'd share Gord Downies The Secret Path, which BC schools recommend for those above grade five.

https://youtu.be/yGd764YU9yc

Quit stealing our damned children!
    Reviewing a draft of an affidavit. So when we ask the government if we can sue the government for the disproportionate number of Indigenous women who have abortions, which contributes to this ongoing genocide, they say yes.
    so these accusations of Buffy St Marie being a "pretendian" are interesting and quite polarizing. 
    1993 Gimli Sun/Mudfest
    2003 Fargo
    2005 Winnipeg
    2011 Winnipeg
    2014 St. Paul

First Nation along Highway of Tears found dead

MISSING WOMAN FOUND DEAD

The Canadian Press - Nov 6, 2023 / 7:30 pm 

...and another one...
    edited December 2023

Also, today BC lost their attempt to wiggle out of responsibility for systemic health care racism. Another class action will proceed.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    https://www.cbc.ca/arts/ktunaxa-smokii-sumac-how-to-lose-everything-1.7065108

This one is by Smokii - called: For the Mothers. Smokii took part in my Ktunaxa language course for educators. Need a free CBC gem app/acct to view.

No use bitching about the over representation of Indigenous children in foster care and not getting off my ass and doing something to help changes!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,402
    Spunkie said:

No use bitching about the over representation of Indigenous children in foster care and not getting off my ass and doing something to help changes!

Big-time kudos!  That's wonderful, good job!
    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore

Spunkie said:

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    1993 Gimli Sun/Mudfest
    2003 Fargo
    2005 Winnipeg
    2011 Winnipeg
    2014 St. Paul

• LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 778
    Spunkie said:

Awesome. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22