I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Just ordered The Who Live at Leeds 3 LP set (half speed master) and Radiohead Kid A Mnesia 3 LP set too. Looking forward to getting a hold of these and giving them a spin! 

You are going to LOVE that Who 3 LP Leeds set.  Well done!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    brianlux said:
    Just ordered The Who Live at Leeds 3 LP set (half speed master) and Radiohead Kid A Mnesia 3 LP set too. Looking forward to getting a hold of these and giving them a spin! 

Took over a month, but received my copy. Now just need to find a few hours of spare time, hahaha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    brianlux said:

Took over a month, but received my copy. Now just need to find a few hours of spare time, hahaha!!
    A few local Melbourne stores had it so I picked it up online and should arrive early next week. The guys I normally buy from are very reliable and efficient. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    brianlux said:

Excellent!  Great listening ahead for you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Came across this gem today and am very happy to add it to my small collection of the better Szabo LPs!

Gabor Szabo – The Sorcerer

Primary
    Genre:Jazz
    Style:Soul-Jazz
    Year:1967

edited October 2022
    Another amazing find.  Intense? Overwhelming?  Powerful?  I'm not sure what the right words are.  All I know is this- the music on this LP will leave you in pieces on the floor and open your head to places you have not been to before.  Astounding.

Archie Shepp – The Magic Of Ju-Ju

Primary
    Label:Impulse! – AS-9154, Impulse! – A-9154, Impulse! – AS/9154, ABC Records – AS-9154, ABC Records – A-9154
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released:1967
    Style:Post Bop, Free Improvisation, Avant-garde Jazz, Free Jazz

Post edited by brianlux on

• Picked up this:

Which is a pretty cool homage this legendary band:

One more in my latest little batch of finds, long over due... one to fry brain cell by:

The Velvet Underground – White Light/White Heat

The Velvet Underground - White LightWhite Heat album cover
    Label:Verve Records – V6-5046
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, East Coast pressing
    Released:Jan 30, 1968
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Avantgarde, Experimental, Noise, Art Rock

• A store in town has Appetite for Destruction with the original robot cover for 25 dollars (used). He is not sure if it's an original or a bootleg. Would you take the plunge on it? If you did not have the album? Is there a way to tell if it is a bootleg or not?

H also has Nirvana Incestiicide and Nirvana MTV Unplugged but those covers are so saturated, and the text looks kind of blurry which I take as a sign of being bootlegs. At the same time, maybe that's how they looked printed back in the day. My MTV Unplugged (repress from 2017) doesn't have that oversaturated look.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    A store in town has Appetite for Destruction with the original robot cover for 25 dollars (used). He is not sure if it's an original or a bootleg. Would you take the plunge on it? If you did not have the album? Is there a way to tell if it is a bootleg or not?

H also has Nirvana Incestiicide and Nirvana MTV Unplugged but those covers are so saturated, and the text looks kind of blurry which I take as a sign of being bootlegs. At the same time, maybe that's how they looked printed back in the day. My MTV Unplugged (repress from 2017) doesn't have that oversaturated look.

this is where discogs is helpful. type the runout info into the search bar. will at least narrow things down. include that you can.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Picked up this:

Which was made to copy this cover.
    Minor Threat - Minor Threat  Releases  Discogs
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Picked up this:

Which was made to copy this cover.
    Minor Threat - Minor Threat  Releases  Discogs
    Dang you kids are good!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    jjflash said:

Need to preorder this....thanks for the reminder!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    Got these last week. 

• Just picked up some holes in the Oh Sees catalog.

Panther Rotate, Blue version of Face Stabber and Drop vomit edition.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Great mail day yesterday - new Ben Harper & Bjork albums arrived. Will be giving them a spin this weekend.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    GlowGirl said:
    Got these last week. 

nice. cranked my aic cd the other day. Lots of memories packed in there.
    Sevens great score!
    DC29940 said:

Nice variety. If I was your neighbor:
    "Can I borrow a cup of sugar and Kill em All?"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    GlowGirl said:
    Got these last week. 

Have you listened to Dirt yet? I got a copy from Walmart, but I haven't had a chance to open it and spin it yet.
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Got these last week. 

Sevens great score!
    Thanks. I just got Sevens from someone on the forum. I haven’t cracked the seal yet though. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Got these last week. 

Have you listened to Dirt yet? I got a copy from Walmart, but I haven't had a chance to open it and spin it yet.
    Yes. Walmart actually sent me the black version at first by mistake. So I listened to that one first. But they both sound great to me. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Got these last week. 

Sevens great score!
    Thanks. I just got Sevens from someone on the forum. I haven’t cracked the seal yet though. 
    I'd keep it sealed. Just because.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    Another amazing find.  Intense? Overwhelming?  Powerful?  I'm not sure what the right words are.  All I know is this- the music on this LP will leave you in pieces on the floor and open your head to places you have not been to before.  Astounding.

Archie Shepp – The Magic Of Ju-Ju

Primary
    Label:Impulse! – AS-9154, Impulse! – A-9154, Impulse! – AS/9154, ABC Records – AS-9154, ABC Records – A-9154
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released:1967
    Style:Post Bop, Free Improvisation, Avant-garde Jazz, Free Jazz

Great Endorsement!  I will have to pick it up!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Got these last week. 

Sevens great score!
    I'd keep it sealed. Just because.
    i mean what would be the point in playing it
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Is Fleetwood Mac Tusk , a used copy, worth paying 20 dollars for?