The Official “I went to __ shows this year and I can’t believe it’s over”

Comments

• NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    3: Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto. All I wanted was to see Pearl Jam; the rest was just details. It felt so good seeing them again after the two-and-a-half years we've all just been through. Personal highlights? Tough to single any out: all three shows were special. But I never expected to hear "Yellow Moon" again, and I got "All Those Yesterdays" for the first time since my first show in 1998. Ed's "Dance of the Clairvoyants" dance moves are underrated. MFC. Love this band.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    8 - SD, LA x 2, MSG, Camden, Nash, STL, Denver

Completely blown away this tour about how good they sound. After SD and LA, I thought “meh, maybe they’re getting too old”….but man they were just warming up! Set lists got so good for this last leg. And again, blown away by how good Ed sounds, best since 2010.
    MSG was the best energy/crowd I’ve ever been a part of. Camden was one of the best sets start to finish I’ve ever seen them play…..and it’s 2022.
    The MSG/Camden/Nashville run had 56 different songs played.

To those bashing NYC - get the fuck out of midtown/Times Square/hells kitchen. Go to Greenwich, SoHo, Little Italy, East Village, Upper West and East Sides, and parts of Brooklyn are still as amazing as ever. 
    NYC has been written off many times, keeps coming back..... 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I did 6 shows this tour. Prague would have made it 7 - Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden, St. Louis.

I had 4 GAs - and it was my first time in GA for any PJ show so that was exciting for me. I had rail in Camden - which was so incredible, and 2nd row for the others. My worst seats were my hometown show at MSG. But I was lucky to get those in 2020 from someone on this forum after being shut out of the rest of the sales. My favorite show experience was Camden - being on the rail and getting a pick from Ed from the stage. My favorite setlist was Hamilton.

Besides the shows, best part of this tour was meeting all the amazing people I met. I felt such a unity with so many people from all over the U.S., Canada, and even when I was in Europe. I made a ton of new friends - some of whom I had only known from interacting on the forum. Now I can put faces to names. I also spent way too much money, spent countless hours in merch and GA lines, and am exhausted.

I can't wait to do it all again!!
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 532
    edited September 2022
    I went to the four Canadian shows and took my family with me to explore Quebec and Ottawa (I live in Toronto so was local to Hamilton and Toronto).  I was just so happy to see live music again and especially Pearl Jam.  No complaining about anything here.  All shows were special in their own way and reset me to my happy state after 2 years of living a more isolated life like everyone.  I became more grateful and have more empathy for others.  That is the greatest gift.  I also met some amazing people at these shows and the events around them.  Some old and new friends.  What else can you ask for?  Amazing time with amazing people.  I really feel there is a good Pearl Jam community that we are all part of.  Forget the crap that sometimes polarizes us on this forum. In real life it's a big PJ hug at these shows and we all benefit from it.  Cheers everyone!

P.S. My personal fave was singing Fuckin' Up at the back of GA in Ottawa.  I just love the energy of that one and it mixed it up!  But they were ALL GOOD!!! :)
    Post edited by Torontonian on
    The format lately of sitting for the 1st 4 songs, i thought was brilliant. Lot of cool combos that came about. Apollo/MSG/ Camden blew me away
    Check that

Alpharetta Georgia show was straight fire 🤣
  • Just Toronto.  Had GA PIT for Camden but got covid at the Toronto show and had to miss it.  Still depressed about it.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
    CROJAM95 said:
    Check that

But was it better than the Burgettstown, PA show? I heard that one was amazing :rofl:

GlowGirl said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Check that

But was it better than the Burgettstown, PA show? I heard that one was amazing :rofl:

or the rest of them, there are only a hand full that are accurate.......I just found this in the back seat of my car, vaguely remember buying it after the show

Ill wear it next time i paint mow the lawn
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    4 - LA I & II, MSG, and Nashville 

I sometimes go 6-7 YEARS without seeing them. Counting these 4 with SHN & Ohana Encore N1 & N2, that makes 7 in ONE year. No excuses anymore. The last 2 1/2 (or 6) years taught me that.

See every show you can. You'll be glad you did.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Go Animal said:
    4 - LA I & II, MSG, and Nashville 

I sometimes go 6-7 YEARS without seeing them. Counting these 4 with SHN & Ohana Encore N1 & N2, that makes 7 in ONE year. No excuses anymore. The last 2 1/2 (or 6) years taught me that.

See every show you can. You'll be glad you did.
    P.S. if you can, go catch Eddie & the Earthlings, too - they effin' rule  B)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• CROJAM95 said:
    Check that

They played Indy and I missed it? Dang!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Two, Ottawa and MSG. 

Ottawa will go down as one of the most fun shows I've ever attended. Our first in four years. It felt so good. Every sing-along was magic. We stayed downtown in the same hotel as the band and had a blast. 

MSG was an experience that I'm glad I've had, but I won't go overboard trying to get back there. Crowd was killer, show was good, venue was historic, but the city was a mess. 

We are definitely hoping to hit more in 2023. Pray for summer! May and September are tough months at work. 
    NYC did you dirty? What happened?
    Just a masshole out of his element. All the construction around MSG, the traffic, the smells... NYC just isn't for me.
    You were in the wrong spot! Midtown is always midtown. Head to the village or uptown next time. :) and never drive
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    danofun said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Two, Ottawa and MSG. 

Ottawa will go down as one of the most fun shows I've ever attended. Our first in four years. It felt so good. Every sing-along was magic. We stayed downtown in the same hotel as the band and had a blast. 

MSG was an experience that I'm glad I've had, but I won't go overboard trying to get back there. Crowd was killer, show was good, venue was historic, but the city was a mess. 

We are definitely hoping to hit more in 2023. Pray for summer! May and September are tough months at work. 
    Just a masshole out of his element. All the construction around MSG, the traffic, the smells... NYC just isn't for me.
    NYC isn't for people who live there either anymore, lol.  You aren't alone, I think the place is a dump.
    The world has changed. The city has changed. However, still lots of great places to explore. Spend as little time in midtown as possible. Friends don't let friends hang out in midtown...
    Thank you - excellent take. I’ve been living here the whole time and the places where people actually live haven’t changed. My opinion on the city hasn’t changed at all. 

I’m sure other cities’ downtowns are dumpy now too with everyone working from home.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    CROJAM95 said:
    Check that

Crap!!!!  I missed the Alpharetta show!??  Also, didn't Cuyahoga Falls get the full Riot Act album? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    danofun said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Two, Ottawa and MSG. 

NYC isn't for people who live there either anymore, lol.  You aren't alone, I think the place is a dump.
    The world has changed. The city has changed. However, still lots of great places to explore. Spend as little time in midtown as possible. Friends don't let friends hang out in midtown...
    Thank you - excellent take. I’ve been living here the whole time and the places where people actually live haven’t changed. My opinion on the city hasn’t changed at all. 

I’m sure other cities’ downtowns are dumpy now too with everyone working from home.
    Agreed. I still love living here. I live in the East Village - and I love my neighborhood. I rarely go to Midtown or MSG area unless I have to. There are still many amazing places to be in the city. I also haven't noticed too many changes around my neighborhood.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,334
    4 - Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton & Toronto 

We drove 4813 kilometers round trip to see Pearl Jam. First time we got to do this. Past tours we took planes, trains, subways & buses. It was a fantastic experience! Hope we can do it again next year. Would be so sweet if they did a New England tour next year. Crossing fingers. 
  • superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 367
    edited September 2022
    4 - Hamilton, Toronto, Camden, and Louisville
    Had GA for all 3 headline shows and then VIP for Bourbon and Beyond. I'm a "close as possible" kinda guy for every band and every show from stadiums to little clubs. So it was the fucking best to be 3rd row or better for my favorite band at all of these shows.
    Camden was my favorite show in long time. Energy was different. Hamilton's setlist was probably my favorite though.Finally got a tambourine in Louisville after a long long day on a festival rail so that show will always be special.
    People loathe the waits in the lines, and I can get it, but two of these shows I went solo and I never stopped talking, lol. Making friends in merch lines, GA lines, and just about anywhere is part of the fun.
    Now can we do it again...like tomorrow?

Post edited by superfuzz30 on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden all from the comfort of GA. It was a truly enjoyable run of shows and friends and fun.

Very appreciative of the opportunity.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JojoRice said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Check that

Crap!!!!  I missed the Alpharetta show!??  Also, didn't Cuyahoga Falls get the full Riot Act album? 
    I mean… They still have 3 months they can do it! I guess I missed the Milwaukee show though!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    edited September 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    Check that

And STILL nothing in Boston!? :angry::lol:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Cheers to 2023!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Hopefully Watt cracks the whip & gets them to push forward. I could see more sessions in the near future
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    i went to 5.  LA 1 & 2, Oakland 1 & 2 and MSG
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited September 2022
    1 show - Nashville

Could’ve been 3 but Vegas cancelled and sold my MSG ticket after the date didn’t work out. Did all of Ohana last year and grabbed 2 EV shows in Chicago earlier this year, so I’m not going to complain. First time in Nashville, great sound and crowd at the show, can’t complain - at least until we know what their touring plans are for 2023 and how much Gigaton we get to hear.
  • 19 (6 in May, 3 in July, 10 in Sept.). 

Crazy year.  If I could do it again I’d have stopped at 5 in May and 8 in Sept.  

Highlights for me were LA2, London, Hamilton, MSG and Louisville.  
    You only missed 3 shows I think? Ahhh I wish I was independently wealthy, lol!

No Oakland or Camden?  Those seem to rank up there too.
    Oak and Cam were good as well.  But everything can’t be a highlight.

I’m a working stiff like everyone else.  Just used my vacation time for the shows and had travel credits and points and found some decent hotel and Airbnb pricing to make the economics work.  It helped that many of the show tickets were paid for in 2020.  

I should add as highlights the people that I met and became friends with.  They know who they are.  
    Very nice.  You went to so many I'd love to hear your top 5 and why.  Oak and Camden not being on there peaked my interest.
    My top 5 were the ones I listed.  In chronological order:

LA2:  setlist, band energy, person I was with 

London:  setting, crowd energy, only 2 repeats from one night to the next (an entire show without the dreaded time wasting Even Flow guitar solo!)

Hamilton:  setlist and amazing seat 

MSG:  setlist, crowd energy, special occasion 9/11 remembrance 

Louisville:  setlist, outdoors, proximity to stage, and low expectations of a festival set being blown out of the water 

Oakland shows were very good also but I have to downgrade them a little because no Matt Cameron.  Camden was good of course too but it was overcrowded.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,334
    CROJAM95 said:
    Hopefully Watt cracks the whip & gets them to push forward. I could see more sessions in the near future

Just kidding 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    3 shows.  Apollo, MSG, Camden.   A theater, an arena, and a shed! Wish I could have done one more in May, but extremely fortunate to have made it to 3 awesome shows. 

Apollo was an experience that I will never forget. From the hundreds of calls I made to SiriusXM and finally winning only for it to all be postponed for over 2 years. Had an awesome day with friends. Our indirect request for whipping earlier in the day actually worked, at least I like to think it was played because of us. 

MSG fantastic set list and crowd energy that can’t be matched.  I’ve been to every PJ show at the Garden since 98 and it never disappoints 

Camden did the whole line thing and made it stone side rail. I LOVED the set list and was so happy to close out my little run on the rail with My favorite PJ peeps who I met in Camden back in 2003. Could have done without crazy Mary and placed retrograde somewhere else in set, but otherwise zero complaints on set list. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I did 6 shows in 367 days. SHN, Ohana, Oak2, Budapest, Nashville and OKC. Budapest was my favorite but Nashville might have had my favorite setlist. I think I got to see 13 songs for the first time, which was great. Until next time…
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • La2, amsterdam, apollo, msg, camden. 

Basically what everyone else said. All the shows i went to were great. 

Every. 
    Single. 
    One. 

MSG:  All time classic. My hometown always brings it. Yea the city is dirty, it smells, the people are assholes(self included), but we love this band and if you visit, we’re gonna show you a good time. Nuff said. 

Camden was 2nd. Best setlist like others have said. 

Apollo: again like others, once in a life time. 

Amsterdam: great show, when everyone thought it wasnt happening. 

La2: another great one and met good pj people.