Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Anyone got their Rubano Tapes vinyl? Mine still hasn't moved since 15th. Others came a lot quicker than this after shipping notification.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Not even a shipping notification yet still 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I got mine last week. Sounds good. 
    They were much better with sipping. cardboard in the sleeve and records shipped outside it to prevent seam splits and damage. 

Again, I live one town over, so I'm close. 

I got mine last week. Sounds good. 
    They were much better with sipping. cardboard in the sleeve and records shipped outside it to prevent seam splits and damage. 

Again, I live one town over, so I'm close. 

Good they shipped with card inside the sleeve. I got a bit of circular indentation on my Viper Room signed sleeve from the vinyl. Just about got it smoothed out with a bit of work.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    This is a fucking cool archive release! I wonder if Rubano V2 is next? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    thats my assumption. 

My international shipping cost $50 for the latest archive release I think, starting to wonder what I'm paying for. It shipped on 5th August and still in Ilinois, crazy. Customer service saying nothing they can do until its been missing for 40 days and then they can claim a loss. Even when it arrives here in the UK we have postal strikes which is going to delay this even more. 

Anyone get shipping for an autographed copy? 

I’m still trying to figure out why mine doesn’t even have a shipping notification 
    They did post some IGs of Billy signing recently. Maybe he’s not done and they are packaging/shipping them all when he’s done. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    FR181798 said:
    My international shipping cost $50 for the latest archive release I think, starting to wonder what I'm paying for. It shipped on 5th August and still in Ilinois, crazy. Customer service saying nothing they can do until its been missing for 40 days and then they can claim a loss. Even when it arrives here in the UK we have postal strikes which is going to delay this even more. 

I'm not convinced it shipped at that time.   This is the hard part with modern tracking, the tracking starts when the shipping label is created, not when the package is delivered to post office.

My tracking makes this look like it's something like UPS Mail Innovations, where UPS get it's, and takes there sweet time handing it off to USPS.

August 11, 2022, 6:22 pm
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    ITASCA, IL 60143 
    Shipping Partner:  GlobalPost
    Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 6:22 pm on August 11, 2022 in ITASCA, IL 60143. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

The only update I've gotten since then, was that Canada Post registered the tracking in their system, and that usually means it's about to cross the border.

but yah, for $50 shipping you'd expect someone could personally drop it off at USPS and delivery it priority through USPS :)
    After 12 days, finally on the move again

Processed Through Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
    Your item was processed through our CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    FR181798 said:

Your item was processed through our CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on...

that facility is the worst. shit takes forever to get through.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    FR181798 said:

that facility is the worst. shit takes forever to get through.
    Well it's left there so that's something, taking a little trip to Denmark at the moment by the looks of things. 
  • Check your emails.  SP is doing a fans only show that you have to enter to win!

Oh yeah, Irving Plaza NYC is the venue.
    edited September 2022
    Check your emails.  SP is doing a fans only show that you have to enter to win!

Oh yeah, Irving Plaza NYC is the venue.
    If getting to ny was more convenient  or closer i would have entered 

the cynic in me thought what a great way to not have poor ticket sales 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    edited September 2022
    Rubano Tapes finally arrived. Yet to listen, love that blue vinyl. Bit of minor sleeve damage at the opening edge. Not enough to do anything about. Got to get rid of those paper sleeves straight away though. Left my vinyl covered in loads of faint rub marks and absolutely covered in dust and debris. Given a good clean and hopefully it will be fine, looking forward to listening later.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Mine arrived today.   No damage on this set.   The records were shipped in their own sleeves (unlike previous vault releases where it was 2 records in a single sleeve).  They also put a piece of card board inside the sleeve, and outside the sleeve with the records to reduce the chances of bends.  Seems to have worked out.

Looking forward to spinning it tomorrow.

I think this is the first time a vault's released, where there's not another one on deck.   Any news of vault 4?
  • Q101 show at the Metro on 9/20. Only tix to be won, no sale.
  • Anybody win those tix for the SP private show?
    edited September 2022
    For what it is the Rubano tapes are quite good. I’m surprised these early recordings sound as good as they do. It’s still not great but certainly better than expected.  The songs themselves A+
  • New album up at Zuzu

500 bucks if you want it autographed. I’ll pass 
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    New album up at Zuzu

I am weak.... :s
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • New album up at Zuzu

And a new single tonight.
    $225 for the black vinyl version, $499 for the signed colored version.

I just couldnt buy this, it's too much. Its a terrible way to start off your experience of a new album by forking out that kind of money.

Hopefully they do a regular release which given its 4 LPs will still no doubt be very expensive. New tracks are okay, not sure what to make of them yet. Quite different but would also like to hear a bit more before I would even spend $30.

edited September 2022
    FR181798 said:

I just couldnt buy this, it's too much. Its a terrible way to start off your experience of a new album by forking out that kind of money.

Hopefully they do a regular release which given its 4 LPs will still no doubt be very expensive. New tracks are okay, not sure what to make of them yet. Quite different but would also like to hear a bit more before I would even spend $30.

After reading the description this could  very well be a brilliant album or a total train wreck 

So I’ll wait even if I regret it later 

Certainly  a bold statement:

The 33 track, 3 act rock opera, twelfth studio album will act as sequal to 1995's Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness and 2000's Machina/ The Machine of God

• FR181798 said:

Where are the new tracks?
    If the single is good I may grab the standard edition. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Though I’d prefer to drop money on any deluxe Machina reissue first. Man I am
    looking forward to that one. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Though I’d prefer to drop money on any deluxe Machina reissue first. Man I am
    You are screwed then.  If it’s a trilogy MCIS, Machina, and this you need them all 

it’s like lord of the rings and skipping Return of the King
    that just doesn’t work  
    Though I’d prefer to drop money on any deluxe Machina reissue first. Man I am
    You are screwed then.  If it’s a trilogy MCIS, Machina, and this you need them all 

it’s like lord of the rings and skipping Return of the King
    that just doesn’t work  
    I don’t understand any of the character stories that these albums are about though. I need an Honest Trailer to get up to speed! 
    www.cluthelee.com