*** Pearl Jam St. Louis, MO Fanviews 9/18/22 ***

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    curly said:
    I love the fact they did five tracks that were leadoff songs from their multi LP catalog… if they were thrown in brain of J and can’t keep… That would’ve blew my top off… Either way love the lead offs…
    this was my third night in a row starting in Nashville and I’ll be at the last two as well… naturally eat show takes on its own vibe… And everyone’s always going to have different perspectives… As the crowd in Nashville I felt started out the show way more excited and intense… And tonight in St. Louis The crowd finish strong!!! Footsteps, I am mine, I agree with the earlier post retrograde was amazing how they started it slow and sat down and finished in an all out jam… Also love the SOL right into breath… And was very worried when they turned all the lights on and played alive and then everyone put their instruments away  and ed introduced everyone in the band they did their big bow and I’ll be The first to admit I thought it was over for sure… But we were only at an hour and 50 minutes and I felt no way… Then when I seen Mike get his strat back on… I was so happy to get yellow Ledbetter as this was my 33rd PJ/Ed shows and I’ll take that ending over rocking in the free world any day… Even though I love it when they do them both!! Ps.. I have to mention all the extended PJ family worldwide… It’s definitely one of the biggest highlights of their shows… Even seeing all the people there by themselves… Because essentially we’re all family… and lastly would’ve absolutely loved to of gotten a shirt specific for that show… With the Ten Club and Company is going to have to get something new figure it out as there’s no way I’m waiting 4 hours in line to get a T-shirt or poster… Met a couple that waited five hours all they wanted was a poster and a sticker and by the time they got up there it was sold out and they bought nothing… What a sham!!!
    I can see getting in line at 9am or something and being close to the front of the line....but joining a massive line is just asking for disappointment when it comes to merch. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    Again this was my 33rd show… My first at red rocks at 95… And I just want to mention again I’ve never seen merchandise lines like this,.. not even close… Outside the venues were absolutely absurd… I’ve always been able to get a T-shirt from every show and I mainly particularly requesting the shirts that are specific for those shows…  I’m thankful I got the regular tour T-shirt… But getting a show specific shirt unless you wanna wait hours and hours it’s hopeless!! The Ten Club have seen to mastered the bootleg problems from the 90s,, I can attest I bought tons of high priced ones from 92 to 95… If I can make a suggestion how about letting members at least buy one shirt each online like the bootlegs? 
    Sorry that’s the last I’ll ever post about the merch… Because that’s probably for another conversation in the forum…

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Man what a SHOW!! That set list was fucking DEEP. So many great moments and the crowd was everything I wanted it to be. This was my 4th time but my wife's first and man, did they deliver. I'm glad I don't like that poster cuz i would be pissed right now that it sold out so quick. Can't wait for the next tour!
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Yeah that would have been a dream setlist for me. Nicely done.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Wow!  What a show!  Adam wainwright was right in front of me and a bunch of Blues players. Ryan O Riley, Jordan Binnington, Brayden Schenn, Justin Faulk, Robert Bortuzzo and like three more. I don’t really know what to say about the show other than Pearl Jam is the best band in the world. Anybody that was worried about three nights in a row (including myself) …well they fucking brought it, big time!
  • Easy solution on merch.  Don't worry about buying it.  Standing in line for a t-shirt or poster as an adult?  I've been there and now see how absurd that was.  You will too one day so might as well make the decision today to let it go.  
  • Easy solution on merch.  Don't worry about buying it.  Standing in line for a t-shirt or poster as an adult?  I've been there and now see how absurd that was.  You will too one day so might as well make the decision today to let it go.  
    You’re absolutely correct.  Post actually made me laugh out load.  
    edited September 2022
    tough love from Dr Bootlegger10

completely agree though...still amazes me how PJ merch results in this insanity. I attend a lot of concerts and never experience this with anyone else. RATM shirts were a little hard to find in the right size but you didn't have to wait more than five minutes. 

Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    curly said:
    Again this was my 33rd show… My first at red rocks at 95… And I just want to mention again I’ve never seen merchandise lines like this,.. not even close… Outside the venues were absolutely absurd… I’ve always been able to get a T-shirt from every show and I mainly particularly requesting the shirts that are specific for those shows…  I’m thankful I got the regular tour T-shirt… But getting a show specific shirt unless you wanna wait hours and hours it’s hopeless!! The Ten Club have seen to mastered the bootleg problems from the 90s,, I can attest I bought tons of high priced ones from 92 to 95… If I can make a suggestion how about letting members at least buy one shirt each online like the bootlegs? 
    Sorry that’s the last I’ll ever post about the merch… Because that’s probably for another conversation in the forum…

The merch line was just as crazy in Nashville. The only way to safely get it is to line up to enter the arena about an hour before the gates open. That's pretty much a lock to get what you want. But you are there there way early and some people don't want to do that.

It would be nice if they found a better solution. This merch stuff does seem to be spiraling out of control in a bad way - except for the for the flippers of course. They are killing it.
  • Last night was my 15th show. I've always lurked on this site for years but never really posted anything outside of trying to sell some extra tickets I couldn't use. Most everyone I've seen so far has shared the same sentiments about the crowd and energy and how good the band was last night. So I won't repeat all of that but thought I'd share some notes that have been circulating in my brain the last 12 hours since the show ended.

In my opinion, this was one of the most unique shows I've been to in the last 20 years. Keep in mind, I typically only go to 1 show per U.S. tour. The only time I've seen them at different venues on the same tour was 2014 (STL & Moline). I know that people have gone to far more shows than I have, so once you pass a certain threshold, you've probably pretty much seen it all. But in my opinion, that's what makes this band so special. You could have seen them 50+ times and somehow they STILL find a way to throw you a curve ball EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's truly incredible. This show was no different. But not only was it different than a lot of my previous shows, it was also seemingly different than most of the shows on this tour. I'm not a PJ concert setlist expert by any means, so I'm only going off the top of my head for a lot of this. Apologies if I say something that's way off base. However, here are some of my thoughts on what I noticed:

-  "Of The Girl" as an opener is something that I feel I don't see them do as often anymore. I think they did it one other time that I recall on this tour. Very underrated opener, in my opinion. Hadn't heard them play this in my previous 14 shows. Was personally hoping for "Release", as it has an extra special meaning to me in my personal life. Felt like the cards were setup in a way that it could happen. But I was actually completely fine with getting this instead, as it was a song I've always wanted to hear.

- "Footsteps" in the 2-hole. This song is one of my all-time favs. Hearing it that early in the set was a fun twist. Again, the only time I'd ever heard them play this at one of my shows was in 2014 at this same venue. They sounded GREAT and I always love when Ed kills it on the harmonica.

"Sleeping By Myself" & "Retrograde" to round out the 1st 4 seated songs. Another small thing, but felt like something they haven't really been doing and I wasn't expecting it. As others mentioned, the way they build up the ending of "Retrograde" and the flow right into "Last Exit" was AWESOME.

- As others have mentioned, 5 of the songs they played were "album openers", which is something I feel like they have rarely done in the past. Very cool.

- Got the Momma-Son trilogy over the course of the set. Always love when they do that and they actually did it the last time I saw them play at the same venue in 2014. Hopefully, I'll get to seem them play it in order (or reverse order) one of these days.

- "I Am Mine" made the setlist. I had almost forgotten about that song. Feels like they never play it anymore. I believe it had only been played 1 other time this tour. 

"Life Wasted" made an appearance. This might not be that big of a deal, but from my personal vantage point, I found it sort of interesting. 1st time it has been played all tour and to be honest, I was shocked to hear it again in 2022. I swear I've gotten that song at EVERY show I've been to since that album came out, so it made me smile and chuckle to myself that they got me again lol.

"Glorified G" made its tour debut. This was one my white whales, so I was super excited to finally add that to the vault.

"Sad"....enough said.

"Go" to round out the 1st set. Not in the obvious spots, such as kicking things off early on or opening an Encore set. Finishing things up with "Go" is such a fun way to approach it. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

"Singles Anniversary Combo" to start the Encore. Had no idea it was 30 years to the day that the movie came out, but to get "SOLAT" AND "Breath" was such a fun surprise and treat. "Breath" was another song I'd only heard once before. I routinely re-watch the PJ20 documentary the night before every show and those songs were heavily featured in a few segments, so it was cool to jump back in time and hear them played.

"Black" didn't appear to originally be on the setlist but Eddie seemed to add it in the Encore. Not sure if that was 100% how it played out, but it seemed to be. 

"Alive" to end the show, which in and of itself isn't that unique, BUT I'm 1000% convinced that they were done after that song. Lights came on for the majority of the song, we all did the big "HEY"s, all the band members took off their mics, equipment, ear pieces, Matt changed into his comfy shoes for heaven's sake, and they all thanked us and waved goodbye. I was convinced they were done. But then it appeared Ed or someone motioned to Mike to see if he'd be willing to play "Yellow Ledbetter" and he obliged. They all seemed to be unprepared for this and had to go back to get their instruments again. I don't think that was planned. Or at the very least, they had it as the closer but maybe bumped it once they added in "Black". But Ed seemed to say "F it, this crowd is awesome and needs to be rewarded!"

I also saw that they had "The Fixer" on the setlist but crossed it out. Someone may have to fact-check me on this, but I'm pretty sure the last time they played that was 2018 (one time). I tried to do a quick stats search and saw that it's only been played FOUR time since 2012. So, another song that would have added to the uniqueness of this show.

I felt that even though a lot of the songs that were selected was the reason this show felt unique, it was also just as much the songs that were NOT played. I know that these shows are a bit smaller in length now. They are also still promoting songs from Gigaton on this tour, as well. But even with that  being said, I still found some of the omissions from this particular show very interesting, as well. Again, keep in mind that I'm also speaking from my personal experience from the 15 shows I've attended. Also keep in mind that these are NOT complaints. Just things I observed that were missing compared to a typical show. Here's some more of what I noticed:

Outside of "Once," we really didn't get anything other than a few of the "hits" from Ten. "Even Flow," "Alive," & "Black." Perfectly fine, but feels like we most certainly always get "Porch". And at the very least, feels like we usually get one of "Why Go," "Jeremy", "Garden", "Release", or "Oceans." "Deep" isn't played quite as often, so that wasn't that odd. But still, was surprised to only get a few of the main hits and none of the secondary songs outside of "Once."

No "Betterman" or "Daughter." This one isn't that crazy, but still feels like most nights they have been playing at least one of these. I'd had "Betterman" at 9 out of my 14 previous shows, so perhaps this felt more unique to me than how others would perceive it.

No "Rearviewmirror" or "Porch" near the end or closing of the 1st set. Again, another staple that I had somewhat become accustomed to with them. Felt like every other previous show I had attended either had them ending the 1st set with one of these songs or them at least making an appearance somewhere. And "Porch" had seemingly been played at almost every show this tour. Loved that they ended the 1st set with "Go" instead. Felt very refreshing, personally.

No "Do The Evolution" or "Given To Fly." Again, this may be something that's more personal to my experience but I'm pretty sure I've gotten one or BOTH of these songs at every single show I've attended since 2000. In fact, I almost want to go out on a limb and proclaim they've probably played one of these songs at every show the past 20 years lol. Probably not accurate, but boy does it sure seem like it.

In fact, ZERO songs from No Code or Yield. When was the last time that happened? Honestly, I'd like to know. This was most certainly NOT a "good" omission for me, as I love both of those albums. I was seriously shocked that not one single song from either album was played. As someone who was in attendance for the Moline "No Code" show, this was kind of an ironic twist to not hear anything this time around.

No "Baba O'Riley", "Rockin' In The Free World," "Fuckin' Up", "Indifference" or "Purple Rain." Now obviously several of these songs are utilized as closers, so sometimes it has to be one or the other. But often times they still throw in one of these songs along with "Yellow Ledbetter." I'm not really going out of my way to act like this was a big omission, but still, something that once again felt a little more unique to this show compared to other setlists I've observed on this tour.

*Side Note* : I've been saying this for 25 years now to any of my friends that will listen, but I've ALWAYS wanted them to start off a show with "Yellow Ledbetter." They have pretty much come up with every other idea you could possibly think of to blow our minds. How cool would it be to just pull that out one day and freak everyone out? And to take it even one step further, do a "backwards show", where they open with YL and then go into "Baba", maybe some "Fuckin' Up / RITFW", etc. Go off stage for a few minutes and then come back out and "open" with "Porch" or "Go" and then play through everything until ending with "Release" or something. Maybe I'm going a little too far with that idea, but just wanted to throw that out there as something I've been thinking about off and on for literally the last 25 years lol.

So as you can see, I think this show had a LOT of unique qualities. Maybe more so than people could see if they just glanced at the setlist. It was a much shorter setlist overall than what I'm accustomed to, but as others have mentioned in previous threads, the quality was a LOT better in my opinion. Songs weren't sped up and rushed as much as I remember in the past. Some of them even seemed to sound more like their original studio version counterparts than some of the live versions I had previously heard. I enjoyed that. I also assume with it being their 3rd show in 3 nights, they were probably a bit worn out. I thought the energy from the band was still great, regardless. The fun thing about this tour (and every other tour of theirs for that matter) is that every show is unique in its own little way. It's fun to come on here and try to make it sound like the show we went to was the best or better than another, but in reality, we are all lucky to get to enjoy such an amazing and talented band that goes out of their way EVERY SHOW to put on the best performance for the fans. You can see it in every decision they make. Ed tries to make every single person in that venue feel loved, appreciated, and tries to make sure we all have an experience we will never forget. I saw a kid in the pit last night who looked like he was 10 years old. Held up a sign that said "First Show" and was bouncing up and down all night. Ed finally made eye contact with him during "Alive" and immediately started bouncing up and down with him. Two seconds later, Ed motioned to a stage guy to toss him a tambourine. He went over and specifically made sure that kid got that tambourine. It's those little things, to me, that separate them from any other band in the world. That moment might not seem that significant in the grand scheme of the show, but that kid is now going to have a memory that will last him a lifetime. And it feels like Ed makes sure to do that type of stuff a few dozen times throughout a show in various ways.

I started typing this and the next thing I knew, I rambled on and on and on and now I'm realizing I better stop so that I don't run out of characters lol. Hopefully there was something in this rant that was useful or entertaining to read as a PJ fan. This is what happens when you lurk for the past decade and finally want to get some thoughts out in regards to the greatest band in the world lol. Can't wait to see them again as soon as possible!

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Great write up JG144602! I've only been to 4 shows but listen to lots of bootlegs and watch YouTube clips. MAN this show was special.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Great write up!!

Black was absolutely amazing. Mike was going nuts on that solo and the crowd was feeding into it. Anyone see Mike's stare to the crowd towards the end of that solo? Holy crap he was feeling it.

Footsteps made the hair on my head tingle...it sounded that freaking good.

Another standout for me was Vedder during Once...that look in his eyes...that song must have brought out young angry Eddie because he was just ripping it on that song.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    ^ I enjoyed reading that JG144602! Totally agree with the sentiment - it’s the little things that make each show unique and special and keeps us coming back. :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I loved this show! Loved it. I wish they played more Gigaton. I wish they played longer. I wish I wish I wish...and yet I wouldn't change a moment. I wouldn't remove a song. I loved the flow. This was the tightest and most fun show I've been to in awhile. Retrograde was amazing. Whoever Said was better than advertised, that song slayed! Best version of Once, State and Life Wasted I've ever heard in person and probably better than most boots! My brother who claims that he hasn't listened to the band since 93 loved the show and his jaw was on the floor when they played Sad, he looked at me and said what album was that on, I just loved telling him that it wasn't technically on an album. I am Mine is always a treat, I'm never looking for it and yet I'm never ever disappointed. Footsteps early is so good. Last Exit has grown on me exponentially over the last few years. I loved getting Dissident and Glorified G in the same show. I sing Elderly Woman to my daughter every night at bed, and just hearing it live again and again never fails to bring me a smile. Corduroy just doesn't get old. Ledbetter was so good. Did I say I loved this show? It's funny, I had the opportunity to be in the Snakepit and at the rail for Metallica and wondered if concerts were ruined for me...nope, cause these guys are still the best in the business. My brother was grinning ear to ear with Eddie's stories and he was like: "If you go to a Bill Joel concert it's the same thing every night. None of this is scripted?" Thank so much! Thank you! For those that haven't been and have tickets enjoy, it's better than advertised! Forgot to mention Black, just a killer a version. How good does it feel to be in the building and singing along while giving no fucks? The answer is amazing! Thanks again!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Great gig. Thank you Pearl Jam for a tremendous night. Merch was insane and for first time in 15 shows didn’t attempt that. 
    Of the Girl was a great opener. Guys seemed to have tons of energy after playing 2 shows prior. SOLAT and Breathe were special. Wife finally got Dissident. Not a fan of the shorter set lists but I get it. Just thankful they are still rocking. Retrograde sounded great. At first wasn’t sure about setlist but after it was done it ended up being great. 
    This is Not For You
  • I went to Nashville and St. Louis this tour. Enjoyed both, but I enjoyed St. Louis more. Not saying it was “better.”

My feeling:
    - Nashville had high expectations. Friday night. In Nashville. Always special musical guests there, whether they sit in or not. Very  good show. I loved Buckle Up (minority opinion, perhaps). 
    - St. Louis was simply a Pearl Jam show on a Sunday night. Mostly the “faithful” there. So after a highly anticipated Nashville show and a gigantic festival crowd, St. Louis felt like being on the Porch at home. Not to mention a great set list and the band on point on third night in row. 

Looking forward to the next one, whenever it may be for me. 

• KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    edited September 2022
    Show #25 for me. Was supposed to be #20 before Covid, but thanks to Ohana, Nashville and Louisville, ended up being 25. Really enjoyable show.
    Post edited by RiotAct10 on
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • ElectricalHazardElectricalHazard California Posts: 27
    nicknyr15 said:
    cmalisze said:
    Best show of tour.  Thank you Pearl Jam. 
    What shows have you went to this leg?
    This was my favorite show of the tour.  We saw LA 1/2, Nashville, and St Louis.  Everyone's idea of the best show really depends on themselves but for me and my wife, this one was epic.
    They could have played Sad and walked off and I would have been good.

• Good morning from OKC.  I drove by Paycom Arena @ 6:45 this morning.  There were ppl at SW corner of the arena.  I wondered if a rescue group moved homeless ppl there for some reason.  I believe it was you TEN CLUBBERS.  At least 50 ppl w/ lawn chairs, etc.  Ya'll be careful.  It's gonna be HOT today.

? @ GA:  I'm taking a PJ virgin tonight.  How full have the GA sections been so far this tour?  My previous GA shows left a healthy, comfortable cushion between the folks packed into the front section and the remainder of GA.  I use an electric wheelchair and usually hang back 1/2 - 2/3 away from the stage (in front of Stone) w/o any interference from THE NICEST FANS on the planet.  I'm just trying to prepare myself.

See ya'll there...
    Dreaming Man / Tim
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • I needed to pee and get a fresh beer, but I told my buddy I wasn't going until they played a hit.  Made it all the way to song 10, Corduroy.  What a way to open a show!  Seemed to be a show for the hardcore fan, and the crowd was into it.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    TP128347 said:
    Good morning from OKC.  I drove by Paycom Arena @ 6:45 this morning.  There were ppl at SW corner of the arena.  I wondered if a rescue group moved homeless ppl there for some reason.  I believe it was you TEN CLUBBERS.  At least 50 ppl w/ lawn chairs, etc.  Ya'll be careful.  It's gonna be HOT today.

? @ GA:  I'm taking a PJ virgin tonight.  How full have the GA sections been so far this tour?  My previous GA shows left a healthy, comfortable cushion between the folks packed into the front section and the remainder of GA.  I use an electric wheelchair and usually hang back 1/2 - 2/3 away from the stage (in front of Stone) w/o any interference from THE NICEST FANS on the planet.  I'm just trying to prepare myself.

See ya'll there...
    Dreaming Man / Tim
    I haven't been in GA but my observation (from the seats) is that the GA area is smaller due to the floor seats but there still seems to be room near the back that isn't as crowded. That's generally where we hang out when we have GA tix as well.

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    Thank you to Pearl Jam for this Setlist! This show was fantastic! Much appreciated!
  • It is two days later and I still can’t get over this show. Big thanks to the band for trudging through their third night in a row. Can’t be easy at their ages. Awesome set list. 
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    edited September 2022
    I am still on cloud 9 and in disbelief over this show. I was blown away by the energy, setlist , crowd and Ed's voice on a 3 night stretch. We were also in Nashville and this whole experience was more amazing down to the more roomy seats. I was in sec 118 , 2 rows from stage thanks to a wonderful human on this forum. I could never repay him.i had amazing ppl around me. 

I am mine was a song I have wanted and it didn't disappoint. 

Then Sad. I had started requesting Sad for my Dad and father-in-law..both war vets and amazing humans who died in 2021. I hadn't seen them since 2019 thanks to covid so no goodbye. When Ed said this is a request from a woman named Debbie I thought he must be talking about someone else then he said you are in our hearts and we are thinking about you and ripped into that ever so heavenly guitar riff of Sad and I sat there dumbfounded with my hand over my.mouth for a little staring up at the ceiling and back at the stage teary eyed..looked at my husband..not a big pj fan before and said this is for our Dads and then I sang my heart out. I can never thank this band and Ed enough for that or Ken who got me these seats to experience this. I am full of such love and gratefulness. Best show of my life and now I'm crying again. I can't wait for this bootleg.

Post edited by deb1211 on
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    edited September 2022

A few pics

Post edited by deb1211 on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    The Masters Wardrobe game is STRONG

Stones rolled up jeans....not so much :)
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    deb1211 said:
    I am still on cloud 9 and in disbelief over this show. I was blown away by the energy, setlist , crowd and Ed's voice on a 3 night stretch. We were also in Nashville and this whole experience was more amazing down to the more roomy seats. I was in sec 118 , 2 rows from stage thanks to a wonderful human on this forum. I could never repay him.i had amazing ppl around me. 

I am mine was a song I have wanted and it didn't disappoint. 

Then Sad. I had started requesting Sad for my Dad and father-in-law..both war vets and amazing humans who died in 2021. I hadn't seen them since 2019 thanks to covid so no goodbye. When Ed said this is a request from a woman named Debbie I thought he must be talking about someone else then he said you are in our hearts and we are thinking about you and ripped into that ever so heavenly guitar riff of Sad and I sat there dumbfounded with my hand over my.mouth for a little staring up at the ceiling and back at the stage teary eyed..looked at my husband..not a big pj fan before and said this is for our Dads and then I sang my heart out. I can never thank this band and Ed enough for that or Ken who got me these seats to experience this. I am full of such love and gratefulness. Best show of my life and now I'm crying again. I can't wait for this bootleg.

This is amazing! So sorry to hear about your dad and father in law, but really happy they played sad for you. It must have been an incredible moment!