Options

*** Pearl Jam Hamilton, Canada Fanviews 9/6/22 ***

Comments

• Options
    inMytree_19inMytree_19 Toronto, Canada Posts: 177
    rodent said:
    I hardly ever post here but last nights show was incredible and so was the set list. We were in seats and dancing throughout the entire set. Feeling absolutely exhausted today so it makes me wonder how they have the energy to do this every other night. So grateful that they still tour and give it their all for each show. I fucking love this band. Can’t wait for Toronto!

Side note - would love to hear Arc open the Toronto show. 

Totally agree. That's why I find it comical to read people complaining on the forum that they aren't playing 30 songs. The energy required to perform is substantial, and they are all approaching 60 years old. People don't appreciate the physical toll performing takes. Living legends. 
    2008 - Mansfield
    2008 - Montreal (EV Solo)
    2011 - East Troy PJ20
    2011 - Ottawa
    2014 - Denver
    2015 - Rio de Janeiro
    2016 - Toronto x2
    2018 - Boston x2
    2022 - Quebec, Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    nduranleaunduranleau Ontario Posts: 15
    after reading through these fanviews i feel like it's all been said,

but

WHOEVER SAID IT'S ALL BEEN SAID
    GAVE UP ON SATISFACTION
    Toronto '06, '09, '11, '16
  • Options
    nduranleaunduranleau Ontario Posts: 15
    amazing setlst..still ottawa is my favorite type of setlist...when binaural is on the mix im biased
    as i said before frankfurt and amsterdam show for different reasons ..
    there is a way with 22-23 songs to blow peoples mind...go out and do acoustic songs,,(so will be different songs every time with that option and we dont miss the old setlist with the encore 1)
    throw in the mix one two rare songs..frankfurt got fatal,canada got otherside .man of the hour,..then ,inside job either opener or first song in encore like last night..NAIS as opeener likeAmsterdam
    last night,no covers,add sad which is amazing b side song ,another mix of things..
    and all will be happy..cos u dont know what u getting..thats the deall.
    no 30-32 song,but 22-24?..thats fine when u still find ways to mix it and blow people mind,,there is a way always
    thats why u are the best live band of all times,,
    pearl jam u are unique..keep it that way..we love u anyway  

hear, hear!

we were sitting just behind the stage in the 100 level, Mike's side. it was a great joy to see Josh Klinghoffer at his percussion kit LOSING HIS MIND singing along and jumping up and down during Corduroy. highly recommend those seats if you can get 'em - with the screen playing close-ups just to our right we had a close-up rear view AND  simultaneously a great front view. loved it.

GO for Toronto tomorrow!
    Toronto '06, '09, '11, '16
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    A great show last night in "Hamilrock" aka "The Hammer". Incredible string of songs to start the night : Oceans, Nothingman, Yellow Moon. Seemed like Eddie had a sore leg or ankle - he was hopping around and doing his best but no flying leaps off the monitors - you could tell he wanted to though. Sad, Red Mosquito, and Retrograde were also awesome. I had a great sense of peace during this show - not sure why - like seeing some old friends or coming back home after a long time away. I'm sure I would have loved it just as much even without such a great selection of songs. I think I've seen "Sad" 3 times in Hamilton - for some reason it ends up on the setlist every time they play there.  Good thing because it's one of my favorites. What will Toronto bring? 
  • Options
    laziofan2000laziofan2000 Mississauga, Canada Posts: 4
    My first show last night. Incredible. Just bought tickets for tomorrow night in Toronto. I'm late to the party, but I'm glad to be part of this.
  • Options
    inMytree_19inMytree_19 Toronto, Canada Posts: 177
    laziofan said:
    My first show last night. Incredible. Just bought tickets for tomorrow night in Toronto. I'm late to the party, but I'm glad to be part of this.
    Once you start, you can't stop! Best part is  tomorrow you'll see a setlist that is largely different from last night. Enjoy the ride!
    2008 - Mansfield
    2008 - Montreal (EV Solo)
    2011 - East Troy PJ20
    2011 - Ottawa
    2014 - Denver
    2015 - Rio de Janeiro
    2016 - Toronto x2
    2018 - Boston x2
    2022 - Quebec, Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 532
    edited September 2022
    Hometown Toronto tomorrow after attending all 3 Canadian shows.  Had an amazing time and brought my family to Quebec and Ottawa to explore.  Can’t ask for more than spending quality time with amazing food and fun with your family during the day and rock with Pearl Jam and friends at night.  Best road trip/vacation after 2 years of not doing much.  Finally get to cap it off in my hometown show Toronto tomorrow night!  If it’s anything as good as the first 3, we are in for another treat! 🤟🇨🇦❤️
  • Options
    laziofan said:
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    Did anyone  get any jeff picks?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    Yellow Moon has been my morning alarm for years. Yet to see it live. 
  • Options
    Been listening to PJ for the past 30 years and the Hamilton show was my first concert. GA to boot. A few thoughts:

- why did i wait so long?!!
    - hearing "Man of the hour", "Red Mosquito", "Quick Escape", "Inside Job", "GTF", "Indifference" live. Wow.
    - for those who may think "Wishlist", "Nothingman", "SOLT", "Corduroy", "Once" aren't for "real" fans, says who? Maybe some have been fortunate enough to see those songs many times live but for some of us who haven't, so happy I got to hear em'...
    - was "Porch" played a bit slower than it would have been 25+ yrs ago; for sure. Was I happy to hear them rockin' it; abso-freakin-lutely!
    - so fortunate to have seen them live. We are all lucky that they're still playing music for us fans...

Bucket list has been checked. Bucket list now updated to "See Pearl Jam twice".

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    Wow, 
    I hope the keep Betterman off the setlist in Nashville. I would rather hear any other PJ song.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 304
    lolobugg said:
    Wow, 
    I hope the keep Betterman off the setlist in Nashville. I would rather hear any other PJ song.
    Thanks for that, now we can sleep tonight🖖
  • Options
    First impression was just ok.....after further thought I really liked set list....First time in Hamilton, loved it.  The people were very nice, loved the little bars we were at in Hess Village.  Had a great time before and after the show.  Was also extremely cool to head into the show at about 8:30 and be super close in GA...great crowd, great show, good time!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 – 6/23 Detroit
    2004 – 10/3 Grand Rapids
    2006 – 5/19 Grand Rapids
    2011 -  6/26 EV Solo Detroit
    2014 – 10/16 Detroit
    2016 – 8/22 Wrigley
    2018  - 8/18 Wrigley
    2018 – 8/20 Wrigley
    2022 – 9/6 Hamilton

• Options
    First show since London 2013 and first time being GA and we had a blast. Found a nice spot at the back on Mikes side and loved every minute of it. I really wanted to hear stuff from Gigaton and it didn't disappoint, Who Ever Said and Quick Escape are monsters and I hope they become regulars. Band was on fire especially Mike and the crowd was wild from the get-go. Nothingman really got me in the feels and Red Mosquito was a really nice  surprise. I get the impression the band enjoys playing our little outdated hockey barn, hopefully we get em again. 
  • Options
    Man home now and still thinking about the show. This was my 5th pj show and it might be recency bias but I think it was the best one yet. It was an amazing setlist with some deep cuts I never heard live before (yellow moon) and lots of gigaton which is what I wanted. Hell, even the encore had some surprises! 

Above all I thought Ed sounded excellent. His voice during Nothingman was incredible. The whole band seemed on fire. 

I was a little worried with some of the complaints and negatively over the past few months about the setlists and such, but man, the show didn’t seem incomplete. I believe it was around 25 songs? Like what do you want? 

I saw Quebec 2016, and while absolutely amazing, there was one point during that show when I was thinking that this show is lonnnng. 

The 25 songs sets, 2.25 or 2.5 hours is the sweet spot IMO. Also, to note, when you’re there live the last thing you think about (at least for me) is the tuned down songs. I certainly didn’t notice it at all. 

Whoever said was probably the highlight for me, along with the rest of the gigaton songs, yellow moon, man of the hour, inside job, cordory, I am mine, Alice and indifference! Even after all of these years those big hits still sound amazing and get the crowd rocking! 

Thanks Pearl Jam, hopefully we can do it again in a few years! Cheers! 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 304
    Man home now and still thinking about the show. This was my 5th pj show and it might be recency bias but I think it was the best one yet. It was an amazing setlist with some deep cuts I never heard live before (yellow moon) and lots of gigaton which is what I wanted. Hell, even the encore had some surprises! 

Above all I thought Ed sounded excellent. His voice during Nothingman was incredible. The whole band seemed on fire. 

I was a little worried with some of the complaints and negatively over the past few months about the setlists and such, but man, the show didn’t seem incomplete. I believe it was around 25 songs? Like what do you want? 

I saw Quebec 2016, and while absolutely amazing, there was one point during that show when I was thinking that this show is lonnnng. 

The 25 songs sets, 2.25 or 2.5 hours is the sweet spot IMO. Also, to note, when you’re there live the last thing you think about (at least for me) is the tuned down songs. I certainly didn’t notice it at all. 

Whoever said was probably the highlight for me, along with the rest of the gigaton songs, yellow moon, man of the hour, inside job, cordory, I am mine, Alice and indifference! Even after all of these years those big hits still sound amazing and get the crowd rocking! 

Thanks Pearl Jam, hopefully we can do it again in a few years! Cheers! 
    It’s the same 10 lil titty boys doing all the complaining, pay no mind, at all. 
  • Options
    LYackyLYacky 🇨🇦 Posts: 72

I'm a little late on my fanview but tbh, it's taken me the last 3 days to fully recover and process the whole experience. I went to the concert with one of my girlfriends (both PJ fans since the early 90s) and Tuesday was our VERY FIRST PJ CONCERT EVER, some 30 odd years after first discovering this amazing band. Somehow we had the good fortune to score GA and ended up only 5 people/rows back from the rail in front of Ed. It's no exaggeration to say it was one of the best nights of my life and certainly the best concert I've ever been too and I've been to *a lot* of concerts. Highlights include Given to Fly, Man of the Hour, SOLAT, Black (primarily for Mike's guitar solo at the end which was insanely mind blowing 🤯). And yes, I know it's cliché and people who've been to numerous (if not dozens) of PJ shows can take it or leave it at this point, but hearing Alive during the encore brought me to tears. Finally getting to hear a song played live that you've grown up with and loved for over 30 years elicits powerful emotions. All in all the night was absolutely perfect and I'm SO grateful to the band for giving us a phenomenal show and also for all the friendly and awesome people we met in the pit who made our "first time" extra special.
  • Options
    RSRRSR British Columbia, Canada Posts: 44
    this show was incredible ... Loved it!
    I've been a Pearl Jam fan since I was 13 and first heard Ament's opening to Jeremy on the radio. To this day, Pearl Jam continues to inspire and challenge me to not just be better, but to be great.
  • Options
    Anyone have a Hamilton specific t shirt for sale or trade??   L or XL, I have posters and other stuff or cash if interested..
    [X]  Barrie, Ontario (August 22, 1998)
    [X]  Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000)
    [X]  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (September 05, 2000)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (June 28, 2003)
    [X]  Montreal, Quebec (June 29, 2003)
    [X]  Hamilton, Ontario (September 13, 2005)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009)
    [X]  Cleveland, OH (May 09, 2010)
    [X]  Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011)
    [X]  Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    [X]  Budweiser Gardens (July 16, 2013)
    [X]  Detroit, MI (October 16, 2014)
    [X]  Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    [X]  Hamilton (September 06, 2022)
    [X]  Toronto (September 08, 2022)

• Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455

'93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options

'93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    Couple of pics from the Hammer.  Fortunate to be on the rail for the second time in the Hammer.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    This show was an instant classic. 

Indeed!
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 64
    Here are my pics from my first ever pj show, after 31 years of being a fan. Got to experience it with my daughter.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    I can thank enough the people I met that day, while in the ga and merch line up. You guys were so welcoming and helpful. Especially  Lukin19 and aidt17 thank you for your generosity and just flat out being good people. Hopefully we will meet again at another pj show.
    Jeff