The Beatles

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Zod said:
    LET IT BE IS THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER MADE

I really like the alternate version of Let it Be that came out about 20 years ago called Let it Be Naked.  That's probably my favourite thing the Beatles ever put out.
    got it for my dad for xmas one year....he hated it. 
    Disown him. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:

I really like the alternate version of Let it Be that came out about 20 years ago called Let it Be Naked.  That's probably my favourite thing the Beatles ever put out.
    Disown him. 
    he's a big believer in all things as originally released. he thinks b sides are just songs left off an album for a reason. he loves the original record of course, but yeah, he thinks the rest is a waste of time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:

Disown him. 
    he's a big believer in all things as originally released. he thinks b sides are just songs left off an album for a reason. he loves the original record of course, but yeah, he thinks the rest is a waste of time. 
    I’ve always absolutely loved Dont let me Down. So having it on there instead of MM and Dig it is a no brainer. And I prefer the mix and track list by a mile over the original hahah. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Oh that’s crazy talk. I don’t see how it’s even a top 5 Beatles album.
    It’s easily a top 5 Beatles for me. Especially the naked version.
    Worthy addition for sure, just too many landmark albums to squeeze it in.
    DewieCox said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Oh that’s crazy talk. I don’t see how it’s even a top 5 Beatles album.
    It’s easily a top 5 Beatles for me. Especially the naked version.
    Worthy addition for sure, just too many landmark albums to squeeze it in.
    I’d never argue that 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hoping to finish the series this week. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,710
    Watching the first episode of Get Back. It is fascinating watching the conception and evolution of all these songs that we know and love so well. It’s like being a fly on the wall or one of those background Hare Krishna guys that George brought along. Wonder what those two are up to these days?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    Zod said:

yah, if you've heard an album a million times a certain way, your brain has probably grown to love it the way it is.  It was different for me.   The older I get the more I got into the Beatles, so 20 years ago I was still a greatest hits kind of person, but Let it Be naked kind of became my gateway to the rest of their catalog.   Mainly the back half of the catalog :)
  • Brand new Beatles recording surfaces after 60 years:

https://youtu.be/nkhrDX-h_rE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    GlowGirl said:
    Watching the first episode of Get Back. It is fascinating watching the conception and evolution of all these songs that we know and love so well. It’s like being a fly on the wall or one of those background Hare Krishna guys that George brought along. Wonder what those two are up to these days?
    Probably reincarnated.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    The English are so damn polite when they argue. I'm right at the part where Harrison quits the band and they do this weird freak out with Yoko screeching into a microphone. Did they drop some acid post-lunch or what?

I'm through most of it, but I found how they didn't present that they had any issue with Yoko being 7 inches from John most of the time pretty interesting. I felt myself getting a little annoyed at their enmeshment. And Paul really seemed to be enjoying playing drums on the freak out song.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Close to it probably. It is my favorite of theirs. 

This is a good series. I am in the middle of the last episode. The George leaving bit was interesting because it felt like nothing that bad had happened and bam he was out. But I guess even on film you can’t get the full picture of how someone is feeling during the process. 

You definitely get more of a sense of their personalities and how they handled things interpersonally. George comes across as more passive aggressive in his communication, and often would be pretty ambiguous about stuff and it was hard to tell if the other guys understood him or were just sort of blowing him off. Paul comes out more likeable for me, based on what I used to know (I was a huge Beatles fan pre-1991). He's more of a task-master with the songs and keeping things moving along. He also seemed more supportive with helping the others develop their songs and really seemed to be enjoying playing together. John comes across as having a bigger ego than I remember. He seems to push his songs more and compliment himself more than being supportive of the process. Ringo of course is just going with the flow and I'm assuming he never really got insistent with wanting a drum part to be a certain way.

I didn't feel like I got any insight into why George was always limited to two songs per album, but I kind of want to blame John.
    New "Get Back Rooftop Performance"! Did this release today? 

https://open.spotify.com/album/6emgUTDksZyhhWmtjM9FCs?si=8oW42xSEQeKH9D8Eyyndwg
    www.cluthelee.com
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    @2-feign-reluctance
    @kramer73
    @Go Beavers
    @nicknyr15
    @Zod
    @GlowGirl
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    @DewieCox
    @HughFreakingDillon

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6poWSWyXb0StppcDPFPRDz

New episode of the Real Wolf Record Club!  Data scientist, comedian and circus performer Andrea Jones-Rooy joins the Club to talk data science, the scariest circus stunt they've ever been a part of, and the masterpiece that is "Abbey Road" by the Beatles!

1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    Thanks!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,020
    Going to my 1st Paul McCartney show tomorrow night

how it’s taken this long, idk…. I see tons of shows a year, seen em all…. He has alluded me
     excited to get in the lot & crack a few open & burn one down 
    Thanks. 
    CROJAM95 said:

how it’s taken this long, idk…. I see tons of shows a year, seen em all…. He has alluded me
    I went on Sunday. My second time seeing him. You will love it. Is the venue you are going to indoors or outdoors?

GlowGirl said:
    Thanks. 
    CROJAM95 said:

I went on Sunday. My second time seeing him. You will love it. Is the venue you are going to indoors or outdoors?

MetLife in NJ, the most cookie cutter Pc of shit newer stadium 🤣

I assume you did Camden Yards? That’s a unique place from what I’m told
    CROJAM95 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks. 
    CROJAM95 said:

Yes. My family lives near DC so my sister and I went to Baltimore. Apparently, they don’t have many concerts there. The stadium is huge though. Tons of good food vendors as well. 

I am seeing the Chili Peppers at MetLife. I have never been there. 
    GlowGirl said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks. 
    CROJAM95 said:

Yes. My family lives near DC so my sister and I went to Baltimore. Apparently, they don’t have many concerts there. The stadium is huge though. Tons of good food vendors as well. 

I am seeing the Chili Peppers at MetLife. I have never been there. 
    It’s bland, sterile feel. I was gonna do Orioles/Yankees same day as canceled PJ 2020 show… I was almost as bummed by not getting to Camden Yards @ eating some crabs with beer as I enjoyed Americas pastime & later rock my ass off down the street 😡 that would’ve been a hell of a good day, might even blast Ice Cubes Today was a good day jam after to commiserate 🤣 

Fucking amazing! (40) songs, about 3 hours…. Bruce on 2 songs, Bon Jovi too

Very cool night for June, I was up in the 300s, felt great with the wind & light drizxle

felt like his 80th bday party, live & let die & blackbird, glory days were highlights

what a trip , also seeing the Stones a few yrs back… I appreciate these guys & their craft

hurting bad today, didn’t get to bed til 4am, fucking GW bridge traffic 😡… way in took forever too, got to our seats with only 5 min to start

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    CROJAM95 said:

Very cool night for June, I was up in the 300s, felt great with the wind & light drizxle

felt like his 80th bday party, live & let die & blackbird, glory days were highlights

what a trip , also seeing the Stones a few yrs back… I appreciate these guys & their craft

hurting bad today, didn’t get to bed til 4am, fucking GW bridge traffic 😡… way in took forever too, got to our seats with only 5 min to start

Damn yeah at his age 40 song sets is amazing! But I could never travel over that damn bridge to attend any shows there, I’ve done it multiple times but these days I just won’t/can’t! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CROJAM95 said:

Damn yeah at his age 40 song sets is amazing! But I could never travel over that damn bridge to attend any shows there, I’ve done it multiple times but these days I just won’t/can’t! 
    I’m with you. I hate that venue and I swore it off after my last show there. Which was u2. Hoping the chili peppers come back to arenas soon 
  • Revolver boxset to be released at the end of the month. About damn time. The remixed Sgt. Peppers and White Album were amazing in how much better they are than the original mixes. The Abbey Road remix was alright but not the as awesome as the other two. But I think this will be up there with Peppers. 

And they do a great job including outtakes that haven't been bootlegged and traded forever. And the books that come with these boxsets are great. Highest recommendation for all of them and I can't wait for Revolver....

The Beatles Revolver box sets: official details and pre-order links – SuperDeluxeEdition
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I’m not getting the big box set. However since I don’t have revolver is the regular LP going to be the one to have? In stereo 
  • I’m not getting the big box set. However since I don’t have revolver is the regular LP going to be the one to have? In stereo 
    Yeah the LP will be the stereo remix....

Revolver Special Edition (Standard): 14 tracks

• Digital (New album mix in stereo & hi res 96kHz/24-bit stereo + new Dolby Atmos mix)
    • 1CD in digipak (New stereo mix)
    • 1LP (New stereo mix) on half-speed mastered 180-gram vinyl
    • Limited Edition 1LP vinyl picture disc (New stereo mix) illustrated with the album cover art
    ANNOUNCING REVOLVER SPECIAL EDITIONS (news) | The Beatles
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • I'm gonna wait a year for the price to come down. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Those are all fair complaints. Some I care about more than others. The long Helter Skelter not being there was a bummer. Maybe it’s lost or damaged? George Harrison did cause an in-studio fire during the take with his lit cigarette (the complete take 2 they included is cool though). And I wanted Carnival of Light too for curiosity’s sake (though descriptions of it makes it sound pretty boring). Those other complaints didn’t bother me. And minor complaints aside, everything else about those box sets is awesome. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Fucking Revolver remix!!! WOW!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com