Options

The Beatles

123457»

Comments

• Options

Lastly, if it wasn't The Beatles, something like this wouldn't even be worth bothering to do. But there's such demand and always will be for The Beatles. It's a gift to the fans, and probably cathartic for Paul and Ringo. Like they sang on Abbey Road, they have to "Carry that weight" of being the Beatles forever. 
    But albums have been done posthumously around remnants being left behind. Like Leonard Cohens last album, done by his son. Obviously the vocal recordings were better than here, but yeah.

Just wanna say that I adore the song. I also love Free as a bird. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    like Soundgarden's upcoming album
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    or maybe Yoko just wanted John's friends/musicians to finish his songs.   Sort of seems like the opposite of what happened with the Chris Cornell recordings.
  • Options
    yoko and the rest of the beatles have had 40 years to mend fences. they HATED each other for many many years after john died from what I recall. vicki and SG have already come to an agreement on the final recordings of CC. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    Did they HATE each other or is that what fans and media have put on them? Because a lot of the Yoko hate of her "breaking them up" seems to be rooted in classic sexism?
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    edited November 2023

THERE IS A DUSCUSSION HERE THAT NEEDS TO BE HAD BY THE MUSIC COMMUNITY 

I'm sure it was well discussed...thirty years ago.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Did they HATE each other or is that what fans and media have put on them? Because a lot of the Yoko hate of her "breaking them up" seems to be rooted in classic sexism?
    not that, I mean the fighting over royalties and song credits and such. I think Paul wasn't a fan of yoko being in the studio with them, but I'm pretty sure the "she broke up the beatles" was created by media and fans, as you said. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited November 2023
    But that was vocals recording meant to be for a future Soundgarden album.

but well oh well
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

but well oh well
    not according to vicki
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Looking forward to listening to the remixed songs on the red and blue collections! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Looking forward to listening to the remixed songs on the red and blue collections! 

Yes!  I imagine the half-speed masters must sound terrific!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    They’re awesome. The Red album especially because they’re all brand new mixes except for the Revolver songs that were remixed last year. Most of the Blue songs have been remixed and released over the past few years, but there’s some new ones like the Mystery Tour songs and the singles/b-sides. Great stuff. Every remix blows the mixes from the 60’s out of the water. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Atmos mixes out too! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    brianlux said:

Yes!  I imagine the half-speed masters must sound terrific!

I am excited for the half speeds.  
  • Options

but well oh well
    not according to vicki
    Ah, okey
  • Options
  • Options
    lol

BeeeeCAAAWeeeAWAWeeAWAWzzzzzzzeeeeee 
  • Options
    Noel sounds off, (like pitched way down) but its well done and sounds like 95 Oasis. Also it kinda highlights the vocal melody needed some work and theres a reason Lennon did nothing with it.