The Golf Thread

Comments

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Well, the lawsuits have arrived.

Money corrupts everything.  An example of why players may not coast because no amount of money is enough for some people. Ha.
    I’m pro-LIV but I hate this lawsuit that Phil and others have filed. They should just put the PGA Tour behind them. And Players on the Tour seem to be taking the lawsuit personally…which I can understand. 
    What the fuck does pro-LIV mean? It’s like I’m saying pro rock and jock all star game

To be fair, those rock and jock games were awesome
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jumb0 said:
    Well, the lawsuits have arrived.

Money corrupts everything.  An example of why players may not coast because no amount of money is enough for some people. Ha.
    I’m pro-LIV but I hate this lawsuit that Phil and others have filed. They should just put the PGA Tour behind them. And Players on the Tour seem to be taking the lawsuit personally…which I can understand. 
    What the fuck does pro-LIV mean? It’s like I’m saying pro rock and jock all star game

To be fair, those rock and jock games were awesome
    Hell yeah! It's just not a professional sports league.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Apparently Gooch and Swafford were sitting in a car outside the course the other day waiting for the court ruling.  That's hilarious....it turns out legal expert Greg Norman doesn't know a fucking thing.  Never realized what a clown Gooch is....the big bible beater loves that dirty Saudi money!  Although I'm sure he appreciates their views on gays.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Played The Loop at Forest Dunes this weekend.   It was pretty cool to play a reversible 18.  I would recommend it.  Greens were fast as hell.   Ground was hard as a rock.  Great time!

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Ha.  Good for Will.  Hit two bad shots under pressure yet still came away with the W.  
    Patrick Reed is now suing Brandel and GC.   What a bunch of greedy punks.
    And this is the lawyer he's using.  Just perfect for Reed.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Tiger says he'd rather watch a WNBA game than LIV golf. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Have an interesting week of golf next week:

Tues - Quail Creek Country Club - Naples
    Wed - Oakland Hills Country Club - Detroit
    Thurs - Great Oaks Country Club - Detroit
    Fri - Franklin Hills Country Club - Detroit

I've played Quail a bunch of times and it's quite nice.  I'm super excited about Oakland Hills, being as historic as it is.  If anyone knows anything about Great Oaks or Franklin Hills, would love an opinion.  
    And this is the lawyer he's using.  Just perfect for Reed.

Reed has to be one of the biggest pussies in the history of sports right?
    You hitting the BMW at all?
    That's not a real quote. There's an twitter account called PGA Tuor that posted that. I actually had to block the account because it was popping up too much with "parody" tweets. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited August 2022
    You hitting the BMW at all?
    Nah...you?

We did the Senior US Open couple months back though. Up in Bethlehem
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Have an interesting week of golf next week:

Tues - Quail Creek Country Club - Naples
    Wed - Oakland Hills Country Club - Detroit
    Thurs - Great Oaks Country Club - Detroit
    Fri - Franklin Hills Country Club - Detroit

I've played Quail a bunch of times and it's quite nice.  I'm super excited about Oakland Hills, being as historic as it is.  If anyone knows anything about Great Oaks or Franklin Hills, would love an opinion.  
    Awesome!  Let us know what you think of these courses.  

How are you getting on these private courses?  Know members or connections or club pro connections?
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Great day at the BMW. Got to see a lot of everyone and sat for a couple hours at the 6th green, which was a good birdie hole and could see a few other shots from there.

was at 15 for this chaos too. That hole was pretty out of control later in the day as people got toasty. Rory is the best

https://twitter.com/golfaddictsnft/status/1561092922556133376?s=21&t=XAC_Gc4EJOQOfLM16N6_Yw

• Tough weekend for Viktor. He’s been my favorite player to watch the past 18 months. Hope he breaks through next season
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    Well, sounds like a lot of changes are coming to the PGA Tour.  Sounds like they are agreeing with the Norman approach after all.  Players interested only in traditions will get ownership.
    Well, sounds like a lot of changes are coming to the PGA Tour.  Sounds like they are agreeing with the Norman approach after all.  Players interested only in traditions will get ownership.
    no one has ever said there isn’t room for improvement from a PGA tour perspective. Look how little talk there is here on a week to week basis. Tournaments are incredibly watered down talent wise. The ideas shipnuck is reporting sound good. And yeah, while LIV adjacent, that was always the thought with the PGL group too, but it gets the best of the best playing against each other more regularly.

Enjoyed the tournament this weekend. That course absolutely deserves another tournament too…I’d potentially argue even more than Aronimink (which has a PGA coming up and god knows how they make that work without rolling back the ball). Was pulling hard for stallings and for Adam scott to miss next weekend, oh well 
    The most recent no laying up podcast is incredible..especially the Reed stuff at the end where they read through the lawsuit and everything brandel said. Amazing. Say there’s no shot Augusta let’s Reed play. 

Also, they have hediki leaning PGA, and a few others recently rumored. If they only lose Cam Smith and obviously others like leishman, Scott, etc., while horrible, they’ll be in good shape moving forward if they can gain some momentum with some of their changes 
    Aaron Wise is in the top 30?   Wow,  I don’t think I have heard that name in years.  Good for him.
    The most recent no laying up podcast is incredible..especially the Reed stuff at the end where they read through the lawsuit and everything brandel said. Amazing. Say there’s no shot Augusta let’s Reed play. 

Also, they have hediki leaning PGA, and a few others recently rumored. If they only lose Cam Smith and obviously others like leishman, Scott, etc., while horrible, they’ll be in good shape moving forward if they can gain some momentum with some of their changes 
    They think Hideki is staying? That would be great.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Aaron Wise is in the top 30?   Wow,  I don’t think I have heard that name in years.  Good for him.
    Once he started anchoring the long putter, things turned around for him.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.

They think Hideki is staying? That would be great.
    I don't remember the exact wording they said, and they said it wasn't actual reporting, but that Hideki to LIV wasn't/isn't as much of a slam dunk as they had originally heard, or something like that.  At the BMW Hideki did walk right by me and I gave him a "DON'T GO TO LIV" and one of the PGA guys walking with him looked back and said "That's a great call!"...so I'm supporting the cause.

Some pretty good reporting here from No Laying Up on the meeting...

https://nolayingup.com/blog/rory-tiger-top-players-agree-on-vision-for-pga-tour-changes

The Shipnuck reporting of the meeting and upcoming defections has 7 players being announced next Monday, with all of them having played in Memphis...and including 1 superstar (Cam Smith), but assuming only one superstar might give more support to No Laying Up on Hediki

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2022/fedex-st-jude-championship/leaderboard.html.

Shocked at Adam Scott being in that meeting...the noise has been that all the Aussies (excluding Day, not sure if he's even alive) are going.

I have a tough time getting to 7 on that leaderboard with Niemann, Cam Young and Scott all being in that meeting, assuming/if that means they're committed.  
    No laying up has hideki committed to PGA, by way of agents, players, pga and sponsors. Said it could always change but they are hearing he’s pga and that they’ll be taking care of him as he’s the third most influential player in golf behind tiger and Rory. 
    No laying up has hideki committed to PGA, by way of agents, players, pga and sponsors. Said it could always change but they are hearing he’s pga and that they’ll be taking care of him as he’s the third most influential player in golf behind tiger and Rory. 
    If true, this is huge news. I think he would have been an enormous loss.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Some major changes to the tour that will greatly be to the benefit of the players....

Norman to the Tour players.....

https://youtu.be/dNB_RjpWnsI

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I'd say Phil can do the you're welcome more...if they are truly only getting Cam Smith, Leishman and some others...tough day for LIV
    All of that sounds good.  The top players on the Tour all playing together in 20 events is exactly what the Tour has been missing.
    Yeah this is really good news.

Interested to see what this Tiger/Rory thing is about too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg