I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Love this record. $37.99 Pretty cheap for vinyl here in Australia. 
    Great looking cover.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Love this record. $37.99 Pretty cheap for vinyl here in Australia. 
    Great looking cover.
    Priced a lot better than most as well. Think it's around £17.99 gbp here.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    When in Tony Fletcher's book, Moon, he mentioned the record, The Who, Live at Isle of Wight Festival 1970 contains some of Keith Moon's best drumming, I went ahead and ordered a copy.  It showed up fast enough that it fits right in with the reading.  Fantastic!  And almost as good as Live at Leads!  Great pressing, terrific music, three LPs. Wow!

The Who – Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970

The Who - Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 album cover

Label:Eagle Records – ER201801
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, White
    Vinyl, LP, Red
    Vinyl, LP, Blue
    All Media, Album, Reissue, Remastered
    Released:2015
    Genre:Rock, Stage & Screen
    Style:Hard Rock, Classic Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    If any collectors out there are looking for an OG of LO2L, one is for sale at a pretty reasonable price on Discogs right now. 
    $128US plus shipping. 

Won’t last long at that price. Seller has 3500 reviews so pretty reputable. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    If any collectors out there are looking for an OG of LO2L, one is for sale at a pretty reasonable price on Discogs right now. 
    $128US plus shipping. 

Won’t last long at that price. Seller has 3500 reviews so pretty reputable. 

I still have my OG sealed!  I have my listener copy too.  And the new gold one...
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    ^^If you mind, Can I come over and listen to your records? I'll only spend a few months there. Maybe a year. No more than two...depending on a few things. :)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The Who Live at Leeds half speed reissue. Found one on Amazon for half the cost of what people are selling for on eBay. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    TMR Vault 50 White Stripes at Detroit Institute box set. It was traded in at my local store. I haven’t picked it up yet. 
    edited August 2022
    The Who Live at Leeds half speed reissue. Found one on Amazon for half the cost of what people are selling for on eBay. 

I have the 3 disc Mastered At Abbey Road Studios Universal vinyl and payed way too much for it (ouch!) but it's SO GOOD!
    Congrats on getting an affordable copy.  Crank that baby!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

mrussel1 said:

This band broke up because they didn’t wan’t commercial success or whatever.  To hear their hit song in a commercial now is just weird…
  • A question to all of you who knows about posting vinyl. Maybe MedozK or @mrussel1 ?

I have had to post a large quantity of vinyl. And I do know about the risk of the vinyl shaking around and splitting the Inner sleeve and maybe even the spine of the album.

A friend, who sells a lot of vinyl, told me to put the album outside of the inner sleeve and just in the plastic bag (PVC). 

Now I sent the first five albums, and the reviever told me that NO do not send it like that. The PVC plastic will create damages/smudges on the vinyl. Send it instead in the innersleeve. 

Is this correct? What would you do?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    What I do Is very similar to how I store vinyl anyway.  Record in the back. You can add some thin cardboard or something if you want 

TBH this is exactly how I would ship it, but I would add two thicker pieces of cardboard over the top and bottom and tape it 

I get really mad when I buy an unsealed album where the record isn’t removed from the jacket 

if you are selling to someone who is reviewing you, tell them that is the best practice but ultimately it’s up to them how they want to receive it.  You should be able to shake it with nothing moving 

you absolutely need a nice inner sleeve (not a cardboard one and not in a plastic bag)

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What I do Is very similar to how I store vinyl anyway.  Record in the back. You can add some thin cardboard or something if you want 

TBH this is exactly how I would ship it, but I would add two thicker pieces of cardboard over the top and bottom and tape it 

I get really mad when I buy an unsealed album where the record isn’t removed from the jacket 

if you are selling to someone who is reviewing you, tell them that is the best practice but ultimately it’s up to them how they want to receive it.  You should be able to shake it with nothing moving 

you absolutely need a nice inner sleeve (not a cardboard one and not in a plastic bag)

Agreed 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Record in the back,  in the poly, not in the gatefold.  Absolutely in its inner sleeve. 

SC- when I shipped you the records,  I'm pretty sure I opened the records and did exactly that. 
    Agreed on the cardboard or some bubble wrap too. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited August 2022
    Will show a picture when I come home... On how I thought I were to pack...

I will have to unpack like 200 albums now and redo it. To not get those smudges from the plastic sleeve on the album... I guess it's already on there.... grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Will show a picture when I come home... On how I thought I were to pack...

I will have to unpack like 200 albums now and redo it. To not get those smudges from the plastic sleeve on the album... I guess it's already on there.... grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Seriously though, communicate with the buyers whatever you do and tell them exactly how it’s being packed.  If I had a dollar for every time I’ve come across a negative review because someone packed it properly and the buyer had no clue that’s how it’s supposed to be done, I’d have a lot of dollars  

vinyl purchasers are generally an unreasonable bunch 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Loujoe said:
    ^^If you mind, Can I come over and listen to your records? I'll only spend a few months there. Maybe a year. No more than two...depending on a few things. :)
    Sure! Come on over, haha.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24

Excellent!

• This is how I had them. 

But now I changed to having the LP in the inner sleede but outside the jacket. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    This is how I had them. 

yes, you definitely need to add the inner sleeve
    New Oh Sees record from over seas finally came!
  • MedozK said:
    This is how I had them. 

yes, you definitely need to add the inner sleeve
    I repackaged it and put it in the innersleeve outside the jacket.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    only a handful of sellers I have received opened records have placed it that way. of far more importance imo is the use of cardboard and/or bubble wrap to prevent movement. some have double boarded and taped then used small bubble wrap in the standard vinyl mailers.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    only a handful of sellers I have received opened records have placed it that way. of far more importance imo is the use of cardboard and/or bubble wrap to prevent movement. some have double boarded and taped then used small bubble wrap in the standard vinyl mailers.....

I bubblewrap and they are really fit in the cardbvoard box. When I shake them, they don't seem to move.
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah, I agree, well packed tightly with cardboard flats prevents movement. 
    One seller I've bought from does a nifty little trick with multiple purchases by taking four rectangles of cardboard and bending then 90 degrees to make corner supports.  And once, I got a shipment of multiple LPs with these really nifty hard plastic corner supports.  I'm saving them to use as corner protection next time a sell one of the better books in my inventory, and I often make the cardboard type for an average book.

mickeyrat said:

I bubblewrap and they are really fit in the cardbvoard box. When I shake them, they don't seem to move.
    That looks secure as hell.  

Are you selling records now?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Miles Davis Kind Of Blue UHQR 45 RMP from Acoustic Sounds is up for pre order. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2