LINGONBERRY LEAGUE (Spiritual_Chaos' boutique vinyl label)

Comments

• I'm gonna have to sit and mail out so many damn records... and print out addresses and shit... 

And I bet the vinyl will come fucked up from the pressing plant. JUST LIKE THAT PRINT RUN OF THAT BEATLEAS ALBUM WHERE THE FIRST SECOND OF THE FIRST SONG IS MISSING. WE ALL KNOW THE ONE.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 10% of print run left.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Nice! Congratulations Emil :)

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Sold out. 999 copies.
  • Just rejected a flipper

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Sold out. 999 copies.
    Congrats!!

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    Sold out. 999 copies.
    Congrats!!

Thanks.

A bit DISAPPOINTED that out of the five international orders no comes from Pearl Jam fans. A DISGRACE.

At least a few Swedish PJ fans understand greatness when they see it.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    GlowGirl said:
    Sold out. 999 copies.
    Congrats!!

Thanks.

A bit DISAPPOINTED that out of the five international orders no comes from Pearl Jam fans. A DISGRACE.

Well I was excited to support this venture, until you basically told me I wouldn't be interested.  I am happy that you sold out though!  Maybe next time if you want some international orders don't unintentionally turn people off buying your product. ,  Spiritual_Chaos said:
    static111 said:
    Will you post somewhere for us Yanks to stream it when it gets revealed?
    It is a compilation of a collection of demos/sketches that has already been released just on streaming (I pitched it as a "Nirvana: Best of the box" type release). But it's in Swedish so I doubt it would give you much... hah.

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    edited December 2021
    static111 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Sold out. 999 copies.
    Congrats!!

Thanks.

Well I was excited to support this venture, until you basically told me I wouldn't be interested.  I am happy that you sold out though!  Maybe next time if you want some international orders don't unintentionally turn people off buying your product. ,  Spiritual_Chaos said:
    static111 said:
    Will you post somewhere for us Yanks to stream it when it gets revealed?
    It is a compilation of a collection of demos/sketches that has already been released just on streaming (I pitched it as a "Nirvana: Best of the box" type release). But it's in Swedish so I doubt it would give you much... hah.

Hehe. Well, the songs are sung in Swedish... and I don't have the confidence to push that onto people.

You can listen to the songs/demos included here (sans one song exclusive for the vinyl release): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6fqcXJQKDopQBhC7qnhYZm?si=b605e5966d7243f8

If you do fancy it. I will make a copy available for you. If you do not feel for swedish singing in your collection, that is okey too :)

So this is a collection of homemade demos for songs that were given away to other artists or which never made it onto any album. 

E.g. this song:

Peters homemade demo:
    https://open.spotify.com/track/3EzYNRlBNZdkptvfja79sC?si=da59371033f142d6

Which was written for this artist, and here is her version:
    https://open.spotify.com/track/3JYKtGQ38X23qaueLOv9w6?si=ff611bda8b8340cb

Here is a bonus video of a hit of Peter's from the 90s sung in three languages (animation by me):

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Order at pressing plant submitted. They've told me ~22 weeks, but I guess it will take longer to get it pressed.
  • Never knew "deciding the length of the gaps between songs" were a thing before this. I guess I thought there was a standard for most LP:s, and not that people sat and "felt" what works best between individual songs.
    edited April 2022
    Roughly 8 weeks till a pressing spot opens up.

Needs to buy boxes to ship in and stuff.
    Bought bubblewrap, and boxes that were said to "be well suited for vinyl". It was a lot cheaper then everywhere else. 

Turns out they are pizza cartons..... haha. Well. As long as they do the job...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2022
    So who’s ready to order their collectible vinyl from this guy? 😂 

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    So who’s ready to order their collectible vinyl from this guy? 😂 

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    I’m more disturbed by your reading material than the pizza boxes or maybe it’s both 
    I’m more disturbed by your reading material than the pizza boxes or maybe it’s both 
    I need to rewatch part 4. That whole sequence from Alice going to the movies and falling into the screen ending up at Crave Inn is cool.
    edited August 2022
    The tespress has arrived and been approved. So now the pressing will start. And then I have to solve how to manage getting all the albums out to people.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Is it taking you 6 months to get a record out there?
  • Is it taking you 6 months to get a record out there?
    In my case longer. I put in the order in January. Got my testpress on the 25th of July.

But they said orders from fall and forward, should go a lot quicker than they have done. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Is it taking you 6 months to get a record out there?
    In my case longer. I put in the order in January. Got my testpress on the 25th of July.

But they said orders from fall and forward, should go a lot quicker than they have done. 
    At least that is a positive.

• A pile of innersleeves.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Damn, gfycat hates me or I would've posted the "Bon Appetit, bitch" gif. ;) Someone post that gif stat! Haha
  • I’m more disturbed by your reading material than the pizza boxes or maybe it’s both 
    Damn, gfycat hates me or I would've posted the "Bon Appetit, bitch" gif. ;) Someone post that gif stat! Haha
    You are a woman of culture I see <3

• My cat helping me plan how to make room for all the albums and how to pack and ship them. 
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
     Now that's what this thread needed--Miss Maroosha. ❤️
  • A thousand albums have arrived to my one room apartment.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    The artwork looks great BTW. I like the drawer thing. I've never seen that before.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    FR181798 said:
    The artwork looks great BTW. I like the drawer thing. I've never seen that before.

it does. was this your concept? or his originally?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14