Donald Trump

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Call me what you will, but unless they are an immediate threat to their surrounding community, I don't think anyone in the midst of a mental health crisis, regardless of political affiliation, race, and whether they're armed or unarmed, deserves a bullet.

In my opinion, that "play stupid games/fuck your feelings" mentality is just incredibly inhumane, no matter who's saying it.
    I don't think anyone here is arguing against that. 
    OK. I guess I'm misunderstanding what I'm reading.

Sounds like if some of us don't agree with what these sick folks are doing, then they "deserve" to be shot dead. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    I don't know much about Merrick Garland but from what I've heard of him, he seems to be an absolutely meticulous guy in everything he does. I would say that months of planning and preparation went into that search. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say in a few minutes.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    edited August 2022
    Merrick Garland is apparently going to deliver remarks regarding the Mar-A-Lago search shortly
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Call me what you will, but unless they are an immediate threat to their surrounding community, I don't think anyone in the midst of a mental health crisis, regardless of political affiliation, race, and whether they're armed or unarmed, deserves a bullet.

In my opinion, that "play stupid games/fuck your feelings" mentality is just incredibly inhumane, no matter who's saying it.

Sounds like if some of us don't agree with what these sick folks are doing, then they "deserve" to be shot dead. 

Who advocated for sick folks to be shot based on their political affiliation or race?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Who advocated for sick folks to be shot based on their political affiliation or race?
    No one, and I never wrote that. So I suppose I’m not the only one who is misunderstanding what they read. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

No one, and I never wrote that. So I suppose I’m not the only one who is misunderstanding what they read. 
    I inferred you were referencing my comment, since you used the words 'deserves a bullet' shortly after I said as much about Babbitt. 

Misunderstandings all around I guess. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    does anybody else think there is a cell out there that may be planning to blow up a federal building? mcveigh blew one up in retaliation for waco. there are way more hardcore trump supporters out there than there ever were waco sympathizers. i think the heat on trump could trigger someone to so something worse.

some of these right wing anti government types are serious as a heart attack. 

all i know is the feds better make this air tight with a bulletproof legal case, and they had best be prepared to protect all of us from the fallout that is sure to happen.
    Absolutely. Alone they do this…

https://local12.com/news/local/i-71-other-roads-shut-down-in-clinton-county-due-to-an-armed-suspect-and-shots-fired-cincinnati-ohio-sr-73-smith-road-380-lockdown-fbi-break-in-kenwood

once they get together they will do worse 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Yo! You wanna know answers to your questions? Fucking ask POOTWH and his attorneys. Otherwise, your questions will be answered in a court of law so STFU.

#GoGarlandGo
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    dankind said:

I didn't realize you had the opportunity to diagnose him. Well done.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Advantage: GARLAND. Brilliant move. The onus is now on Trump to agree to release the warrant rather than continue to lie about it. hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Advantage: GARLAND. Brilliant move. The onus is now on Trump to agree to release the warrant rather than continue to lie about it. hahaha
    Big time...it will be interesting to hear the Fox News assholes spin this if tRump attempts to block the release
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Big time...it will be interesting to hear the Fox News assholes spin this if tRump attempts to block the release
    I love it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    D.O.J.’s motion to unseal was signed by Jay L. Bratt, the chief of the department’s counterintelligence and export control section, who met with Trump’s lawyer in June to discuss classified documents that ended up at Mar-a-Lago.

Hmmmm

BTW the court must approve the release and Trump has right to object
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    On the advice of counsel I object.

taking the 5th didn’t hurt his standing. I would be surprised if he didn’t object to the unsealing.  

The muddier the waters are the better it is for him. Always has been.  I can imagine the government trying to pressure him to give up his constitutional rights will be how it’s spun. 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on

taking the 5th didn’t hurt his standing. I would be surprised if he didn’t object to the unsealing.  

The muddier the waters are the better it is for him. Always has been.  I can imagine the government trying to pressure him to give up his constitutional rights will be how it’s spun. 
    Trump and anyone that supports him is apparently just allowed to be a freakin hypocrite. 

These same idiots got mad at the Flip flopping Kerry. 

The hypocrisy of the trump GOP is what drives me more crazy then anything else. No accountability. If trump was these peoples bosses at work they would be bitching about fairness, hypocrisy, 2 faced, rich bullshit artist. But since he is their president it’s all ok?
    hippiemom = goodness

Trump and anyone that supports him is apparently just allowed to be a freakin hypocrite. 

The hypocrisy of the trump GOP is what drives me more crazy then anything else. No accountability. If trump was these peoples bosses at work they would be bitching about fairness, hypocrisy, 2 faced, rich bullshit artist. But since he is their president it’s all ok?
    Yeah I've already heard a few statements saying that Garland just proved that it was a hit job/witch hunt. Fucking insane.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

THIS. That's always been it with me too. They are all unimaginable hypocrites. All of them. Over just about any subject matter. It is uncanny and, sadly, remarkably predictable--always. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2022

THIS. That's always been it with me too. They are all unimaginable hypocrites. All of them. Over just about any subject matter. It is uncanny and, sadly, remarkably predictable--always. 
    When you have elevated Trump to the level of Jesus you cannot allow yourself to believe anything that contradicts your narrative.

religious people have been doing that with religion from the beginning. The religious right has always been a past of the conservative movement, but making their leader Jesus in the flesh is new. Quite frankly it’s  genius and awful all at once.  

It’s absolutely a cult and cults make no sense except to the people in one 
    I have come to literally hate many of these people. It’s tough to even deal with people at work that you know voted for trump. How in the fuck do you trust their judgement or opinion when they have proven to view facts as bullshit and bullshit as facts?
    hippiemom = goodness

In THIS case, there BETTER be a smoking gun of a SERIOUS crime, or it’s game over for Dems, and hello Trump term#2.

In THIS case, there BETTER be a smoking gun of a SERIOUS crime, or it’s game over for Dems, and hello Trump term#2.
    Ah fuck that. How many smoking guns do you need? They just need to follow the law, that is it. Follow the law, so as you would with anyone. Fuck this weird smoking gun standard. Trump has already been proven to be holding 10-12 of these said smoking guns. Wish he’d turn one towards his head 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited August 2022

The midterms will give us the answer to another trump term

There are enough election deniers on state ballots I think it’s probably going to get decided in the house.
    A Republican is president no matter what in 2024 if that happens.

something as simple as not certifying could give no candidate a majority and the senate doesn’t need to be involved 

“House of Representatives must go into session immediately to choose a president from among the three candidates who received the most electoral votes. Each state delegation votes en bloc, with each having a single vote. A candidate must receive an absolute majority of state delegation votes (currently 26 votes) to become president-elect. ”

I haven’t done the math but I assume the republicans have the advantage no matter if they have more house members or not as each state gets one vote and there are more rural states 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

It's always the next thing that is going to cause the Civil War, the election route, etc.  A lot of wolf crying, to me. 
    Blaming the FBI for future bad behavior by people who have been behaving terribly for some time is a weird angle. 
    I have come to literally hate many of these people. It’s tough to even deal with people at work that you know voted for trump. How in the fuck do you trust their judgement or opinion when they have proven to view facts as bullshit and bullshit as facts?
    Exactly....I refuse to associate with anyone in my circle that supports tRump. I'll still be friendly but they are dead to me.

I would guess that Garland wouldn't have made this move if they didn't have what they wanted. Even if they didn't have what they wanted they still followed the law.

Ah fuck that. How many smoking guns do you need? They just need to follow the law, that is it. Follow the law, so as you would with anyone. Fuck this weird smoking gun standard. Trump has already been proven to be holding 10-12 of these said smoking guns. Wish he’d turn one towards his head 

Cmon, be serious, you don’t arrest former presidents for parking tickets. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    High Noon occurs tomorrow at 3:00 p.m.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    me too.

i can forgive people who voted for trump the first time. but for them to have witnessed 4 years of that trainwreck of a presidency and then said "yep, i want more of that guy!!" fuck that. 

if i cannot trust someone to not vote for the biggest asshole in the history of the united states twice, how can i ever trust them in any other situation?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i'm just catching up here. but that guy in ohio that shot up the fbi building did it wrong. everyone knows that for that kind of thing they need their own killdozer.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.