PJ Radio

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    So what special is next?  o:)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    @NHiding

The Rock Werchter Festival 2022 airing just ended on SiriusXM with your announcement of how RIFTW was the final song.

What we actually heard was Indifference. Oopsies.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    edited July 2022
    @NHiding

The Rock Werchter Festival 2022 airing just ended on SiriusXM with your announcement of how RIFTW was the final song.

You heard Frankfurt as Werchter is literally just airing now.  Unless the outros got mixed up.  Looking into it.

Post edited by NHiding on
    edited August 2022
    NHiding said:
    @NHiding

You heard Frankfurt as Werchter is literally just airing now.  Unless the outros got mixed up.  Looking into it.

Maybe my wires got crossed...or not. I was beginning to think so, which wouldn't be out of the question, but I started to think and...maybe it was a glitch? Who knows.

Either way the last song was Indifference, but the outro mentioned RIFTW. (FWIW, the last song after Werchter is...RIFTW. Where else would I have gotten Werchter into my head and into my post? I'm clueless.)

I wonder if the outro for Werchter got aired instead of the outro for Frankfort.... Play the entire Frankfort show, but then something glitched and we have the Werchter outrow.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme!

Thanks for the work.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Stockholm, Sweden '22 show on today.
    A month away!

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Listening to the 7/9 London show and my wife walks in and after  a few minutes looks at me and asks me “ is that the show we were at?” She recognized Ed talking to the crowd. 😆
    Four 2022 Euro shows left.

Budapest, Hungary - August 16th
    Krakow, Poland - August 19th 
    Paris, France - August 23rd 
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - August 26th

And then there was 3.
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    What a great thread! Still remember when this started !
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    NHiding said:
    forgive me if this was addressed or asked as I didn't read thru the 340+ pages but does anyone else have a minute or two gap/skip/pause after any time they play something that's not a song.  Example, song plays, then they do a cut of Ed talking or a fan introducing themselves and talking about PJ radio, and then 1-2 minutes of silence before the next song?  It makes my attempt at cardio at the gym even more painful when it is silent for so long as I need my PJ to make me move
    Anyone AnyoneFerris Bueller Trump Tariffs and Medical Devices
    I wish I had an answer for this. I think its gotta be happening at server level but have told it's not. I get it on my end listening as well once in a while but that's not happening on the actual program or machine that is powering it all. I'll check with the server tech again.  It drives me crazy as there's no logic to it and should not be happening.
    @NHiding
    Rob - just an idea but maybe a way to reduce some of the long, silent pauses is get rid of the outtakes or whatever they are called in between songs. Examples - cut out the Beavis and Butthead stuff or fans saying we are listenign to Pearl Jam Radio.  If we are on PJ radio, we know we are listening to PJ radio. Ironically with the 2 minute + pauses of silence, in fact we aren't listening. oh the irony.  I dont need to hear Beavis & Butthead giggle about PJ and then wait 2+ minutes while I'm dying on the stair master each morning LOL.
    Thank you Rob
    edited August 2022
    demetrios said:

I still wish my "Side Project Saturdays" idea had taken off. It would have been epic during COVID when there wasn't anything going on.

Heck...it would still be a good idea. Each Saturday, do an hour-long show about a particular side project...and the true side projects (ignoring Temple and Mad Season.) Give a little insight as to how each one started, interview members of the bands, play some of their stuff, etc.

Side note: It'll be interesting to see if Flight To Mars stuff comes back next year. It's been a hot minute since anything happened there.
    demetrios said:

I still wish my "Side Project Saturdays" idea had taken off. It would have been epic during COVID when there wasn't anything going on.

Heck...it would still be a good idea. Each Saturday, do an hour-long show about a particular side project...and the true side projects (ignoring Temple and Mad Season.) Give a little insight as to how each one started, interview members of the bands, play some of their stuff, etc.

Side note: It'll be interesting to see if Flight To Mars stuff comes back next year. It's been a hot minute since anything happened there.
     "Side Project Saturdays" would be awesome! 
  • This week is obviously Theater Week in advance of the Apollo show.

You know what would be epic? Poster week!

...there HAVE to be shows from 1996 and 1998 that were recorded... We know there's an audience recording from Randall's Island.
    Chicago 2000
    There's at least 4-5 strong candidates from 2003...
    Moline 2014
    Rome 2018
    edited September 2022
    Today's afternoon show on SiriusXM is 8/27/2000 from Saratoga.

I always get a kick out of how this band changes setlists...yet the first few songs of this show were the same exact order as the Columbus show a few nights prior. I wonder what was going through Eddie's mind.

08/21/00 - Polaris Amphitheater: Columbus, OH
    attendance: 20,000
    support act: Sonic Youth
    set: Breakerfall, Whipping, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Corduroy, In My Tree, Dissident, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Daughter/(Hold On)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, Wishlist, Off He Goes, (Romanza)/Better Man, State of Love and Trust, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Present Tense, Last Exit, Once, Elderly Woman, Leatherman, Nothingman, Porch
    enc 2: Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter

08/27/00 - Saratoga Performing Arts Center: Saratoga Springs: NY
    attendance: 30,000
    support act: Sonic Youth
    set: Breakerfall, Whipping, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Corduroy, In My Tree, Dissident, Given to Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Daughter/(Beginning to See the Light)/(WMA)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, MFC, Wishlist, Better Man, Even Flow, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Sleight of Hand, Do The Evolution, Once, Timeless Melody, Elderly Woman, Leatherman, Porch
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Black, Yellow Ledbetter

If you don't count the Daughter tags, the first 14-15 songs were the same with the exception of MFC inserted into Saratoga.

Both main sets had Betterman four songs from the end AND ended with Rearviewmirror. Both first encores included Leatherman and ended with Porch. Both shows ended with YLed and this was the 2000 tour that had very similar lyrics with only slight changes on a nightly basis...there used to be a site that had lyrics for YLed on that tour. Since these shows were so close together, the lyrics were almost an exact duplicate.

Archival Content on the SXM App

Exclusive archival content from the band will be available for a limited time on the SXM App starting September 13, including:

• The Ten 30th anniversary track-by-track with Mike McCready, Stone Gossard and Cameron Crowe
    • The Vs. 25th anniversary track-by-track with Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Brendan O’Brien and Stone Gossard
    • The No Code 25th anniversary track-by-track with Jeff Ament and David Fricke
    • The Eddie Vedder Show
    • Stone Gossard’s dream Pearl Jam Setlist
    • Tech Talk with Mike McCready and Pearl Jam equipment manager George Webb
    • Jeff Ament’s Rock Hall Radio show
    • The Road Crew round table
    • Producer Brendan O’Brien’s Guest DJ set
    • The top three Pearl Jam concerts of all time, as chosen by a 2021 listener poll, in their entirety
      • Seattle, WA – Safeco Field – August 10, 2018
      • Philadelphia, PA – The Spectrum – October 31, 2009
      • Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field – August 20, 2016

Quebec City 2022 tomorrow on SiriusXM! 😁
    Ottawa 2022 tomorrow on SiriusXM!  B) 

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    I can’t seem to “click here to play” today - does nothing. Just me? Was working yesterday and Sat.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    I can’t seem to “click here to play” today - does nothing. Just me? Was working yesterday and Sat.

same
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • It worked for me
    Toronto bootleg tomorrow!  :)
    Tonight!!!
    MSG '22 tomorrow night. 
    So what SiriusXM special is next? 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    demetrios said:
    So what SiriusXM special is next?