Cancer, and me.

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    I found a lump in my breast. After my vacay ill visit the doctor.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    tish said:
    One of mine is under watch due to a finding. It never ends, man. 

I’ll keep good thoughts for you, tish. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited May 2022
    hedonist said:
    tish said:
    One of mine is under watch due to a finding. It never ends, man. 

I’ll keep good thoughts for you, tish. 
    Fingers crossed for you both. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Praying for both of you that it's nothing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Poncier said:
    Praying for both of you that it's nothing.
    +2 ❤️
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    appropriately inappropriate?
    am available for 2nd opinion exams?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    appropriately inappropriate?
    am available for 2nd opinion exams?

Inappropriate or not, still respect the hustle. 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,690
    tish said:
    Sending positive thoughts your way. It could be a cyst. That happened to me before. If so, they may just monitor it every 6 months. I had to do an ultrasound on the one side every 6 months for two years. Since there was no change after two years they said it was fine and I went back to annual. Hoping that is what it could be for you as well. Or better yet, hoping it is nothing. 
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:
    Sending positive thoughts your way. It could be a cyst. That happened to me before. If so, they may just monitor it every 6 months. I had to do an ultrasound on the one side every 6 months for two years. Since there was no change after two years they said it was fine and I went back to annual. Hoping that is what it could be for you as well. Or better yet, hoping it is nothing. 
    Mine isn’t a cyst but is being handled in the same way. 

mickey, props for trying! ;)
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Sending positive thoughts your way as well, Hedo!!

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:
    @tish Sorry to hear that, I'm sure it will be benign. Hope it isn't messing with your holiday too much!
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Sending positive thoughts your way as well, Hedo!!

Thanks, GG :)
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Sending healing, positive vibes to both @tish and @hedonist. Fingers crossed that all is well in boobland. 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    God bless,  prayers, and KICK IT'S ASS.

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Mine is like GGs. Sorry Hedonistic babe for the ongoing woes.
    Thanks for the well wishes all and for lightening things up guys!
    tish said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

So, you're in the clear? 

Great news, Tish, glad to hear it. 
    tish said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Excellent news.
    edited May 2022
    good news
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    tish said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Great news, Tish!! What a relief.

tish, fantastic!!!

My recovery is taking so much longer than I had hoped but I’ve increased my ability to walk, so that’s great.

Not so great? My new hepatologist wants to alcohol-test me due to my liver worsening and “because he doesn’t know me yet “ 🙄 Told him I’m going on four years without booze but feel free to test me; I’ve nothing to hide. And sure, I’ll spend the $20 or so Uber to the testing place, to ease your mind. Grrrr.

And that’s it for me complaining…for now :)
    edited May 2022
    hedonist said:
    tish, fantastic!!!

My recovery is taking so much longer than I had hoped but I’ve increased my ability to walk, so that’s great.

Not so great? My new hepatologist wants to alcohol-test me due to my liver worsening and “because he doesn’t know me yet “ 🙄 Told him I’m going on four years without booze but feel free to test me; I’ve nothing to hide. And sure, I’ll spend the $20 or so Uber to the testing place, to ease your mind. Grrrr.

when work or some entity wants a sample my first thought is "ok, right here,  right now, hold out your hands...."

btw way , almost 4 years now? how fucking awesome is that?!?!?!

Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    tish, fantastic!!!

when work or some entity wants a sample my first thought is "ok, right here,  right now, hold out your hands...."

It’s pretty amazing to me, given the damage done!

And it’s also just about six months since quitting tobacco 😊
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    tish, fantastic!!!

Awesome.
    Keep up the good work on both.
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    tish, fantastic!!!

Awesome.
    Keep up the good work on both.
    Thanks, Ponc! I don’t crave booze at all but the desire for a smoke is still strong at times. Not going back, though!
    Hi, all. Happy Friday?

Well, so much for remission! A recent biopsy showed cancer still remaining in my throat. It may have spread to my lung too; I’ll know more on that next week.

I refuse to go through radiation and chemo again but have been told that immunotherapy looks hopeful and is tolerated fairly well. To be further discussed with my oncologist. They’re all still hopeful, so I am too. 

That said, I’m glad I started working on my will yesterday 😛
    F

I'm sorry Hedo. Glad to hear about the immunotherapy. 

Stay strong, homie. 👊
    Aw man.
    Sad to hear this, I thought you had beaten that bitch completely.
    So on to another bout, but you'll knock this bastard out with the immunotherapy.
    Sending you all the best from the opposite coast.
    Thanks, guys. I confess to being a bit nervous about this new journey but I’ll do what I have to…and I’m still hopeful 🙂
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Oh very sorry to hear this news Hedo, stay positive and stay strong.  Will be praying for you still, even if you don't believe.  
    No matter; I always appreciate the kindness behind it.

Thank you :)