Roger Waters an Anti-Semite?

2»

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    sploatee wrote:
    My point is that I don't see how turning up to a concert in Israel dressed like a 'freedom fighter' is a constructive, positive thing.

Who said anything about turning up to a concert in Israel dressed as a freedom fighter?

sploatee wrote:
    It's incredibly easy to just dismiss everything about Israel as horrible and hate personified. But it's simply not true.

Except I've done nothing of the sort, so your point is moot. And I've seen nobody else do that here either.

sploatee wrote:
    There are many Israelis who oppose what the government does. There are Israeli Arabs who are successful and happy in the so-called apartheid state.

Just as there were some blacks in Apartheid South Africa who were no doubt happy and successful, yet as with the situation in Israel, you could probably count them on one hand. But so what? How does this justify and excuse the ongoing occupation, and discrimination?
    sploatee wrote:
    What about the Jews in Arab countries who were purged and forced to flee?

This never happened. It's a myth recently propagated by the Israeli leadership because they've run out of ideas.

sploatee wrote:
    I know about the idiotic settlers who think they have a divine right to somebody else's home. But what about the racist filth propagated by Arab - including Palestinian - state channels; it's not political commentary - it's as vicious, racist and hate-filled as all of the actions you attribute to the Israeli government.

The racist Palestinians, of whom there are no doubt many - not really surprising that they exist when you consider they've been occupied and oppressed by the Israeli's for the past 50 years - haven't really been very successful in spreading their 'racist filth' around, because I've never heard any of it. Maybe if they had a multi-million dollar propaganda machine like Israel's then their racist filth would be more widely known.
    sploatee wrote:
    If it makes you feel better venting and raging on the internet about evil Israel, then great. That's not the kind of thing that promotes dialogue - and it's dialogue that will help improve the terrible conditions Palestinians live in - especially in Gaza.

I don't see anybody venting and raging here.

I tell you what will 'improve the terrible conditions Palestinians live in': ending the Israeli Occupation, and ongoing land-grab. Though maybe you disagree? Maybe you think the occupation and ongoing land-grab is not relevant to the suffering of the Palestinians?
    sploatee wrote:
    You want PJ to boycott Israel - cool, that's fine. I never thought that was the kind of thing they would stood for. You'll say "of course, they stand against evil!"

I wouldn't say they stand against evil, for the simple reason that I don't believe in evil. As for what Pearl Jam stand for: I'm pretty sure they don't stand for racism, and ethnic cleansing.

sploatee wrote:
    Palestinians and Israelis need to talk more. You don't get to talk more by taking a 'side'. But I'm guessing from your name that your mind might already be made up?

No, they don't need to talk more. They've been 'talking' since Israel attacked them in 1967, and the only thing the talks have achieved is that they've allowed Israel to steal more land.
    What's needed is not more talk, but action. The U.S stands alone in the World in supporting Israel's ethnic cleansing campaign. What's needed is either for the people of the U.S to wake up and protest their governments foreign policy and rubber=stamping of Israel's crimes at the U.N, or for an international boycott of Israel like the boycott that toppled Apartheid South Africa in the 1980's - coincidentally another racist regime supported until the very end by the U.S government.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    came across this on social media. thoughts?

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109
    Hand grenade, please.
    ?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sounds reasonable (gasp!) enough.

By the way, I sure do miss having badbrains and Drowned Out around here. Good guys, and I always appreciated their perspectives. 
    agreed on both counts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109
    ?

Explosive topic.
    ?

Explosive topic.
    I was more addressing the idea of boycotting, not the conflict itself
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i had a dream about waters last night. I dont' remember much, except that he was leaning into me, literally, like, we were sitting together somewhere, and he kept putting his head on my shoulder. 

weird. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    i had a dream about waters last night. I dont' remember much, except that he was leaning into me, literally, like, we were sitting together somewhere, and he kept putting his head on my shoulder. 

weird. 

• Roger wants to be friends
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -