Cancellation Notice For Vienna, Austria

1234568»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Roger does sing.

People aren't shaming EV for smoking they are just pointing out the obvious fact that smoking for years is going to take a toll.

#facts 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    BC62528 said:
    Individual habits...These guys are artist - I suspect they live a completely different lifestyle with a unique set of expectations on them - compared to what I consider normal 9-5 people.  If they smoke, drink, do drugs, or whatever - to me it comes with the territory in all likelihood and part of what has made them who they are - amazing and yet flawed, like the rest of us.  Maybe that's part of the allure to me along with the great music.  We all have issues, if an artist wants to engage in what we consider "risky behavior" - than that is their choice and between the individual, their family and the ones who depend on them - bandmates etc.  It would be nice, but I don't think they are obligated to make healthy choices on our behalf.  I've never heard anyone from the band say they wish to be doing this in their 80s - I might be wrong?  Either way, my point is I don't think it is our place to hammer them down for their lifestyle choices at this point.  I was not complaining about Eddie swinging from the rafters in the early days, when he could have broke his neck or worse...it added to the experience and rush.  Regardless - one day we will all wake up and this amazing run with the band will all be over.  Let's just try to enjoy what is left of the ride.  Give these guys some room. - BTW, I had tickets to Vegas - so I get the overall disappointment as well.  Speedy Recovery EV.
    Great post 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    Well stated… 
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Just back from Vienna - Sad.  Two different trips this year (vegas) had shows cancelled.  I use to not even think about that even happening(though EV vegas happened to me as well) but now hoping for Australia/NZ and/or South America dates in 2023 making me think twice now about going.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Had an email from oeticket.com saying they are going to credit my account only problem is I now have a different card for the same account, hopefully it finds its way to me
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    Had an email from oeticket.com saying they are going to credit my account only problem is I now have a different card for the same account, hopefully it finds its way to me
    I'm in the middle of this as well...
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

aidt17 said:
    I'm in the middle of this as well...
    From reading up it should be fine if it's the same underlying account just need to wait and see 
  • browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    edited July 2022
    Insult to injury, I guess due to exchange rates being better now I am losing money on my tickets.  I received my refund through PayPal but it is about $78 dollars less than what I paid a few years ago.  I knew I wouldn't get my service fees back, but this big difference in price stinks.
    Post edited by browngw on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    browngw said:
    Insult to injury, I guess due to exchange rates being better now I am losing money on my tickets.  I received my refund through PayPal but it is about $78 dollars less than what I paid a few years ago.  I knew I wouldn't get my service fees back, but this big difference in price stinks.
    Going through the same thing. Happened as well in May for us. It’s how they do business but sucks as the one on the other end losing money for shows you did not attend. 
  • browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    PJNB said:
    browngw said:
    Going through the same thing. Happened as well in May for us. It’s how they do business but sucks as the one on the other end losing money for shows you did not attend. 

I knew I would lose on service fees, but I didn't realize I would basically be out another $50 due to exchange rates.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I just looked it up.  In December 2019 the Euro was worth 1.465 Canadian dollars.  It is now worth 1.31.  So on a 120 Euro ticket that’s about a $20 Canadian loss even with a full refund.  I think that’s just the way the ball bounces.  If the Euro had gone up vs the C$, it would have been a profit, leaving aside of course the 3 years of interest.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • I've recently received my refund of £207.15 from OEticket, i think that is a very similar sum to that which i paid for the 2 tickets several years ago and seems to include fees which i didn't think I'd get back.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
    I've recently received my refund of £207.15 from OEticket, i think that is a very similar sum to that which i paid for the 2 tickets several years ago and seems to include fees which i didn't think I'd get back.
    Got mine as well despite the card being replaced, pleasantly surprised 
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Does anybody know how the refund for Ten Club tickets works? i emailed them 2 times but got no answer. Do they transfer the money automatically to your CC?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Does anybody know how the refund for Ten Club tickets works? i emailed them 2 times but got no answer. Do they transfer the money automatically to your CC?
    You should’ve gotten an email by now with instructions. 
    I assume you started the refund process in the tickets section?