Mike Patton Appreciation Thread!!!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    edited January 2021
    His stuff with Bjork is a place to explore. Likely been there already. I can't find that cd. Case broke and I mixed it in with my other stuff.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    Loujoe said:
    His stuff with Bjork is a place to explore. Likely been there already. I can't find that cd. Case broke and I mixed it in with my other stuff.
    This version of Who is It? is insane: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrSUfud_FsY
    99% sure that's with that beat box dude laying it down. Just watched someting on youtube about that...speechless. Killer
    edited January 2021
    Loujoe said:
    99% sure that's with that beat box dude laying it down. Just watched someting on youtube about that...speechless. Killer
    Yup... Rahzell, & Patton's doing some grunting in there too. 

Patton & Rahzell did a tour together 15 years ago (+/-) - all vocals bouncing off each other, it was wild. Had a great DJ open up for them too. 

Rahzell also opened for FNM in 2010, and joined them onstage for Chinese Arithmetic (at least in Philly). 

That guy's an amazing talent too. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    Patton is God 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    I didn't know this thread existed! 

Patton is the shit, easily my favorite artist / performer of all time. I've seen most of his acts over the last 25 years, and I've never walked away disappointed.

Would have loved a second Lovage album, but whatever.

I'm looking forward to the new Tomahawk album for sure. The last album Oddfellows wasn't their best, but had some gems IMO. 
    I'd really like to get another Peeping Tom album also..  I thought that was a real fun project for him
    mr bungle said:

Patton is the shit, easily my favorite artist / performer of all time. I've seen most of his acts over the last 25 years, and I've never walked away disappointed.

I'm looking forward to the new Tomahawk album for sure. The last album Oddfellows wasn't their best, but had some gems IMO. 
    I'd really like to get another Peeping Tom album also..  I thought that was a real fun project for him
    I always wanted another Lovage album. Songs... was killer. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mr bungle said:

LOVAGE!!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    NEW TOMAHAWK!!!
    3/26
    dankind said:
    mr bungle said:

LOVAGE!!!!!

dankind said:
    mr bungle said:

LOVAGE!!!!!

Hot poster. I don't know that mp band yet. My friend played me some of his odd romantic 'baby makin music' stuff once.
    edited January 2021
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    mr bungle said:

LOVAGE!!!!!

Hot poster. I don't know that mp band yet. My friend played me some of his odd romantic 'baby makin music' stuff once.
    It was a hot show... nice intimate venue, great stuff.

This is almost certainly that baby making music, and it’s fantastic. I hope to find it on vinyl some day. 
    Ahh. Thanks for the warning. Versatile son of a gun.
    Loujoe said:
    Ahh. Thanks for the warning. Versatile son of a gun.
    Ironically enough, Patton isn’t even on some of the best tracks. There’s no shortage of talent among Dan the Automator, Kid Koala & Jennifer Charles. 
    Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2021
    https://www.secretserpents.com/collections/scratch-dent?sort_by=created-descending
    Some sweet posters if anyone gives a dang and has cash to burn.
    Look at 'overstock' too. 
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    edited March 2021
    Loujoe said:
    https://www.secretserpents.com/collections/scratch-dent?sort_by=created-descending
    Some sweet posters if anyone gives a dang and has cash to burn.
    Look at 'overstock' too. 
    Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed the 2015 Philly foil for $38 delivered... good price for a foil. It hurt seeing the 2010 Philly poster going for $25 in the overstock bin considering I paid $75+ shipping but what can you do? I’m happy to have the poster regardless. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    his version of War Pigs is my favorite
    hrd2imgn said:
    his version of War Pigs is my favorite
    Could some YouTube wizard please put his vocals with Geezer and Ward rhythm? Guitar negotiable on that one. I think that’s Martin, and he was something special and his recordings fewer. Might lean that way. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yeah I love his voice and all.....but I can't fuck with the original for War Pigs.

Been playing RV a lot, recently

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Tonic Immobility arrived a day early... don’t mind if I do. 

Another fantastic entry in Mikes incredible catalogue 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Another fantastic entry in Mikes incredible catalogue 
    Finally got around to downloading it so I can listen in the car & at work... I’m digging it. Recoil & Sidewinder are f’ing awesome. 
    Just arrived in the mail today… this bad boy should come w/ condoms & lube… pretty psyched to add it to my vinyl collection. 

Just arrived in the mail today… this bad boy should come w/ condoms & lube… pretty psyched to add it to my vinyl collection. 

Glorious.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Glorious.
    It’s been a while since I listened to it too… can’t wait to pour a nice drink, spin one up & enjoy the f out of this beauty. 
    Ordered pee tape yellow this morning. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM