Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mrussel1 said:
    Probably won’t go if I’m not in the 100s though. I don’t go to many shows anymore (5yo/3yo daughters) so when I do I try to get as close as possible. Thanks for the offer though @tempo_n_groove
    They project the band on a large screen at the rear of the stage. Really not a bad seat in the place when that happens.
    Shine pigeon posted the full Alpine show.  He did a good job and you can see/feel the energy.  Looked awesome.  I am very excited for this one. 
    Honestly I saw them back to back in Chicago and those might have been the two best concerts I have ever attended.

Just non stop energy and passion for 90 minutes
    Wow that’s a heavy claim but I’m honestly getting that feeling watching clips of these shows. I’m seriously stoked for this. I’m going to night one at msg but I won’t be surprised if I decide to attend a few more after the first one. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    March 2023 is a long freaking way away
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Probably won’t go if I’m not in the 100s though. I don’t go to many shows anymore (5yo/3yo daughters) so when I do I try to get as close as possible. Thanks for the offer though @tempo_n_groove
    They project the band on a large screen at the rear of the stage. Really not a bad seat in the place when that happens.
    Shine pigeon posted the full Alpine show.  He did a good job and you can see/feel the energy.  Looked awesome.  I am very excited for this one. 
    Honestly I saw them back to back in Chicago and those might have been the two best concerts I have ever attended.

Wow that’s a heavy claim but I’m honestly getting that feeling watching clips of these shows. I’m seriously stoked for this. I’m going to night one at msg but I won’t be surprised if I decide to attend a few more after the first one. 
    we do know that the setlist doesn't change much....you might get a different song each night but the rest will be the same. But still....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mrussel1 said:

I only went to night 2, but I'd agree.  Definitely one of the best shows I've seen.  It was 90 minutes of pure energy and intensity by the band with zero let up.  No talking, no breaks, just an in your face, pedal to the floor concert.  I've been saying since Tuesday that a seated Zack brings more energy to a show than 95% of musicians on two legs.  For anyone on the fence, go see them on this tour.
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

we do know that the setlist doesn't change much....you might get a different song each night but the rest will be the same. But still....
    When you don’t expect setlist changes, it’s not disappointing. I saw all 8 u2 shows at msg in 2015 and had the time of my life. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:

I only went to night 2, but I'd agree.  Definitely one of the best shows I've seen.  It was 90 minutes of pure energy and intensity by the band with zero let up.  No talking, no breaks, just an in your face, pedal to the floor concert.  I've been saying since Tuesday that a seated Zack brings more energy to a show than 95% of musicians on two legs.  For anyone on the fence, go see them on this tour.
    Take in an OhSees show.  Balls to the wall the whole time.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Has everyone here that has seen a show had seats or GA and how rough is GA?
    PJNB said:
    I wasn't in GA but it was rough up front. Moshpit for sure

back of GA in front of the sound mix was fine

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PJNB said:
    I had seats.  GA was definitely rougher than a PJ show as you'd expect, but nothing crazy.  A couple of small "pits" going, lot of crowd surfing and cups with beer, etc. getting tossed in the air.  Saw a dude getting walked out from the front with a cup half filled with blood coming from his nose/mouth.  A rough GA is all relative, but there was a good amount of movement taking place, so be prepared for that if you go that route.

PJNB said:
    I wasn't in GA but it was rough up front. Moshpit for sure

back of GA in front of the sound mix was fine
    That's where this 49 year old will be standing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I have section 3 floor on Sunday at MSG.  I was thinking of making a run to GA.  Maybe I'll just hang there.
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    I had seats.  GA was definitely rougher than a PJ show as you'd expect, but nothing crazy.  A couple of small "pits" going, lot of crowd surfing and cups with beer, etc. getting tossed in the air.  Saw a dude getting walked out from the front with a cup half filled with blood coming from his nose/mouth.  A rough GA is all relative, but there was a good amount of movement taking place, so be prepared for that if you go that route.

I would disagree with that....what I saw was crazy for sure but I'm 54 (today) so maybe my definition is different

bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:

I would disagree with that....what I saw was crazy for sure but I'm 54 (today) so maybe my definition is different
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! GIVE ME THAT SIGNED WINNIPEG POSTER!! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I have section 3 floor on Sunday at MSG.  I was thinking of making a run to GA.  Maybe I'll just hang there.
    You don't want to get in the fray and throw them 'bows??  Haha...kidding.  I was very close to grabbing GA, but decided on seats and glad with the decision.  GA was fun to watch from the sidelines though.

bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:

HAPPY BIRFDAY!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    I'd love to sacrifice myself to a pit. Been too long.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Loujoe said:
    I've been in a few QOTSA pits in the last several years.  I'm too old though. 

For Rage,  I'll be chilling in the luxury box section in DC. That's like Rage Against Your Financial Planner. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited July 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    I've been in a few QOTSA pits in the last several years.  I'm too old though. 

For Rage,  I'll be chilling in the luxury box section in DC. That's like Rage Against Your Financial Planner. 
    HA!!!
    Thats rich....

Hey smoke em if ya got em

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    bbiggs said:
    You don't want to get in the fray and throw them 'bows??  Haha...kidding.  I was very close to grabbing GA, but decided on seats and glad with the decision.  GA was fun to watch from the sidelines though.

I wanted GA, sold out.  I hate seats...
    bbiggs said:

I wanted GA, sold out.  I hate seats...
    I don't mind good seats. I will say that it is nice to not have to worry about seeing over the person in front of you. As long as there are video screens I am fine with that. Also much easier to find your way back to your spot...although for RATM I never left my seat since they played nonstop for only 90 minutes.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Seats are great
    Unless your location stinks
    Or you have a giant or a sign holder in front of you
    Or if you have a poker behind you

:lol:    all part of going to shows.  
    I love that people are having so much fun at these shows.  Still play their music constantly. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Take the power back rotating in. My preference for that rotating slot would be No Shelter or Down Rodeo. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    nicknyr15 said:
    Take the power back rotating in. My preference for that rotating slot would be No Shelter or Down Rodeo. 
    Is he back on both feet?
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Is he back on both feet?
    not yet....not much info coming out about that

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    What time does the band hit the stage?  Like 9:20?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited July 2022
    Red Lukin said:
    What time does the band hit the stage?  Like 9:20?

setlist.fm will show for each show. but yeah. around there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Thanks. Trying to avoid that website before I see them live!
    The opening act is entertaining. I was surprised at how many people knew their songs. 

The opening act is entertaining. I was surprised at how many people knew their songs. 

I saw run the jewels open for Jack white at msg and was blown away. I’m a fan ever since. I’ll DEFINITELY be in my seat for them. 

OMG, get on them.  Run the Jewels are great.