Rage Against The Machine

1272829303133»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 26,778
    vant0037 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    92% tear of the achilles? fuck me. dude just wants to walk again.

but it also sounds as if they are once again a band with intentions on continuing?  anyone feel that too?
    Sort of the opposite actually.  For a band who has in its history a breakup due to a “complete breakdown of our decision making process,” the word “reconciling” sticks out like a sore thumb. Also the phrasing “I have made the decision…”

Sad for sure, but I don’t read this is a “we wish we could be back together” statement. 

That said, I also get why they didn’t put everything into a holding pattern.  I could see them touring again like this, but I don’t think they’re doing anything as a band besides that anymore. 

are suggesting its supposed to be the bands decision for his health? reads that way
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 34,466
    mickeyrat said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Poncier said:
    I have a sad feeling that this is it for Rage. Hope I'm wrong.
    Same. I flew up to Chicago to see them thankfully and was at the show where Zack got hurt. 

so its your fault.....
    No, Stone was going to attend this one.  It's his fault...
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 5,849
    mickeyrat said:
    vant0037 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    92% tear of the achilles? fuck me. dude just wants to walk again.

but it also sounds as if they are once again a band with intentions on continuing?  anyone feel that too?
    Sort of the opposite actually.  For a band who has in its history a breakup due to a “complete breakdown of our decision making process,” the word “reconciling” sticks out like a sore thumb. Also the phrasing “I have made the decision…”

Sad for sure, but I don’t read this is a “we wish we could be back together” statement. 

That said, I also get why they didn’t put everything into a holding pattern.  I could see them touring again like this, but I don’t think they’re doing anything as a band besides that anymore. 

are suggesting its supposed to be the bands decision for his health? reads that way
    I’m not suggesting anything other than I don’t think this statement means anything other than it says: the tour is cancelled and he’s bummed.  For a band to be functioning to the point where they may be formally getting back together or releasing new music, statements about reconciling or one person unilaterally cancelling a tour - understandably! - just don’t point toward an optimistic view of the group.  That’s all.  Hope they tour again, I think they still could, especially in what will be a weird election cycle in 2024.  But this group has always been crazy talented and somewhat acrimonious with one another.  Not sure I see this statement as an indication that either of those things have changed, given the wording of certain phrases.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,132
    Anyone else still waiting for their concert refund?
    mr bungle said:

I show pending on that account.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mr bungle said:

I show pending on that account.

have been refunded in full.