Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    nicknyr15 said:
    Some of these clips I’m watch……. Holy shit. 

from last night?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I will probably end up recording the whole show if this is the set. 
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    I was there last night. After 11 years I was expecting at least a little bit of decay but I think they somehow managed to get better. Morello taking just a little bit of freedom to improvise now. Crowd was insane. Set list was about what you’d expect and I don’t think there will be much deviation. The return of The Ghost of Tom Joad was a nice treat. 85 minute set with no encore. There were I think 4 brief interludes with video images playing while the crew made instrument adjustments. All of the band members were embracing after the show, they knew they understood the assignment and aced the exam. If you’re on the fence about going you won’t regret it. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I will probably end up recording the whole show if this is the set. 

will be following setlist.fm .....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Some of these clips I’m watch……. Holy shit. 

from last night?
    Yes. 
    band has posted some pictures. one of each of them. on their adbook page...

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The YouTube videos I’ve seen from last night look incredible.  Looking forward to the real thing in 2 days. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    cwja said:
    I was there last night. After 11 years I was expecting at least a little bit of decay but I think they somehow managed to get better. Morello taking just a little bit of freedom to improvise now. Crowd was insane. Set list was about what you’d expect and I don’t think there will be much deviation. The return of The Ghost of Tom Joad was a nice treat. 85 minute set with no encore. There were I think 4 brief interludes with video images playing while the crew made instrument adjustments. All of the band members were embracing after the show, they knew they understood the assignment and aced the exam. If you’re on the fence about going you won’t regret it. 
    Awesome 

I am definitely going to go to Detroit next year. 
    PJNB said:
    cwja said:
    Awesome 

so my wife was unable to get time off for Wednesday Cleveland show. taking a buddy instead.

also now have detroit 2 tix , a Sunday. She goes anyway....

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    mickeyrat said:
    PJNB said:
    cwja said:
    Awesome 

so my wife was unable to get time off for Wednesday Cleveland show. taking a buddy instead.

I will likely be going solo. I can’t do any of the Canadian dates this year due to work and PJ Europe trip planned. I will likely fly to Toronto and drive to Detroit for 1 or both shows depending if they mix the back to backs up at all. Enjoy the Cleveland show!
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJNB said:
    cwja said:
    Awesome 

I will likely be going solo. I can’t do any of the Canadian dates this year due to work and PJ Europe trip planned. I will likely fly to Toronto and drive to Detroit for 1 or both shows depending if they mix the back to backs up at all. Enjoy the Cleveland show!

you'll know in a few days...

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Make a record with this fire guys. The world needs it rn.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Still bummed they bumped this years spring tour to next year.  Especially considering covid was waning and I caught a few other shows in the same time period.   Can't wait for next March :)
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    Two changes to the set tonight. Take The Power Back replaced Tire Me and Down Rodeo replaced Without A Face.
  • pjcampjcam Posts: 41
    What is the merchandise like at the shows? Anyone have photos or items they purchased? 

Can’t wait to see them in Calgary March 2023. 
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Saw videos where apparently Zach injured his leg night? Sat the rest of the show and was carried off. Looked to me like maybe he tore his achilles..
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    pjpitt89 said:
    Saw videos where apparently Zach injured his leg night? Sat the rest of the show and was carried off. Looked to me like maybe he tore his achilles..

I've seen this episode before... 

https://ratm.tumblr.com/post/33920659922/ragewutang-1997-mansfield
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Make a record with this fire guys. The world needs it rn.
    It needed it 5 years ago and they never did, I don't expect them to start now unfortunately.
    Funny to see people calling them woke and complaining about the messages during their first show.  These guys weren’t very secretive about their politics from day one. What a joke 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    Funny to see people calling them woke and complaining about the messages during their first show.  These guys weren’t very secretive about their politics from day one. What a joke 
    I remember listening to evil empire when I was about 15.  That was at the age my parents were still sort of trying to censor my music.  At first they heard the language and asked me to turn it off.

Then I handed them the lyric book, about 2 minutes later My dad said, ok turn it back on 

I guess my parents were woke back then 😂
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are extreme even to todays standards.  Their message has always been heavy.
    Hope Zach is ok. Man , this tour just can’t catch a break. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I wondered how many meat heads would complain about their message....or how many are rocking out in these videos because they like the music but hate the message.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    nicknyr15 said:

Bummer.  2 shows in and it looks like he's seriously hurt.  I'm supposed to go tonight.  Wouldn't be surprised if it gets postponed/cancelled....can't imagine a show with Zack sitting down the whole time.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    ARGH!  WTF
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    nicknyr15 said:

Bummer.  2 shows in and it looks like he's seriously hurt.  I'm supposed to go tonight.  Wouldn't be surprised if it gets postponed/cancelled....can't imagine a show with Zack sitting down the whole time.
    Yep.  Same here.  Tough break (no pun intended).  Will definitely change the energy level of the show if it goes on.  We'll see.

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Dave Grohl made this situation challenging... lol.  Now people expect you to play through an injured or broken leg.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    It didn't change the energy much... Great concert 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    It didn't change the energy much... Great concert 
    Can’t wait for msg!! What were your highlights? 
    posted pics on adbook for chicago night 1. said get ready for night 2