The National Football League

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Baker Mayfield traded to the Carolina Panthers.

So with a Watson exile imminent, who the hell are the Browns gonna start at QB? Might as well bring back Manziel at this point lol
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

So with a Watson exile imminent, who the hell are the Browns gonna start at QB? Might as well bring back Manziel at this point lol
    I'm hoping they trade for Jimmy G once they know Watson is out for the year.  (As a Niners fan the Browns are the only team left I think they can deal with.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Jacoby 
    mrussel1 said:

Jacoby 
    The epitome of a backup QB. We had him on Miami last year. Played okay against the Raiders filling in for Tua....not counting the checkdown pass he threw in his own endzone leading to a Raiders safety. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I guess Darnold is toast, not lighting the world on Fire

I bet Corral turns into a solid qb 
    edited July 2022
    mrussel1 said:

Jacoby 
    The epitome of a backup QB. We had him on Miami last year. Played okay against the Raiders filling in for Tua....not counting the checkdown pass he threw in his own endzone leading to a Raiders safety. 
    Yes, eminently serviceable for a little bit.  

I think this vexes some Browns fans a bit.  If you think Watson would be suspended for a year, it seems like it might be in both the Browns AND Baker's interest to play (particularly at the time where there were no takers).  I'm still not convinced it will be a year.  

edit - particularly with the news that the Texans org helped him with the rooms, NDAs, etc.  So the argument continues that there is a different set of rules for ownership and players, when the bylaws say that ownership is held to a higher standard. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.
      They'll get a couple of early ish picks back for Baker. 

Not likely.
    Mayfield is an 18 Mil cap hit if they cut him, so teams know they have to trade him, they'll be fortunate to get one middle round pick for him. 3rd at best. I predict a 4th.
    Plus Baker already said "Colts please". The Colts were stupid last year with the Wentz acquisition. doubt they will be again (well there is the Irsay factor so maybe Cleveland has a shot).
    Not far off. I predicted a 4th, they got a conditional 5th that has a chance to become a 4th,
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    6 game suspension for Watson
    He got off easy.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    cant wait for him to meet tj watt..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    edited August 2022
    I'm not liking some of what I read, briefly, this morning.  It seemed there would be conditions on him settling with more of the women?  I mean, I guess I would rather have them get paid than not get paid....

More of the same,  should not be a shock.  Rich & famous so frequently equates to do whatever you want.

NFL is loaded with a holes from top to bottom

I'm not liking some of what I read, briefly, this morning.  It seemed there would be conditions on him settling with more of the women?  I mean, I guess I would rather have them get paid than not get paid....

More of the same,  should not be a shock.  Rich & famous so frequently equates to do whatever you want.

texans settled with 30 recently. sanctions need to go that way too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    6 games is straight bullshit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Calvin Ridley is suspended the entire season for betting $ 1,500.00

The whole world has gone mad
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mfc2006 said:
    6 games is straight bullshit.
    totally ridiculous he only got 6 games.  never imagined it would have been so low.  
    CROJAM95 said:
    Calvin Ridley is suspended the entire season for betting $ 1,500.00

The whole world has gone mad
    But he messed with the NFLs money and not with actual women's lives.....

So a retired female federal judge succumbs to NFL player adoration, rather than the policies and precedents already established by the NFL and the evidence presented?  
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

So a retired female federal judge succumbs to NFL player adoration, rather than the policies and precedents already established by the NFL and the evidence presented?  
    Actually, it's the other way around. Her ruling was based on the NFLs rules and past situations. 

Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Actually, it's the other way around. Her ruling was based on the NFLs rules and past situations. 

It absolutely was guided by their own policies.  And why wouldn't it be?  Why should Watson (or anyone) be punished in a way that exceeds the policies established by the league?  In fact, the US Constitution prohibits such a thing (ban on ex post facto laws).  That doesn't explain the comment about "rich and famous".  
    heres hoping for a career ending injury.

dont give a fuck so save your comments.

team settles with 30 women, afraid of discovery?

fucknut settles withv20 then 3 more.

no evidence you say?

edited August 2022
    Watson taking the field with Cleveland in that 7th game is going to be so awkward. At least other guys that have had these sort of allegations (Kobe, Big Ben) returned to teams that they had won championships with and thus had built-up goodwill with the fanbases. So to those fanbases, the Kobe and Ben situations probably felt like a family member who was accused of a crime. Disgusted with them as you may be, you don't shun family. But for Cleveland fans? This would the "family" equivalent of your desperate, single mother meeting a creepy weirdo and bringing him into the family because she can't do better. 

And the contract. My lord. You would think being such a pariah, Watson would have to pay a team to take him. But thankfully for him, he found a "desperate, single mother" to take advantage of.  
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited August 2022
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?
    You don't wish death? That's cool of you. 

If the evidence is so overwhelming,  why are the women settling? They must be afraid to be under oath,  under your logic 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?

If the evidence is so overwhelming,  why are the women settling? They must be afraid to be under oath,  under your logic 
    if the evidence is nonexistent why did he and the texans settle?

want the browns on the hook for all of it and him to never be able to play again. THEN bad business decisions leave him destitute and homeless. and live a long long life.

sister was beaten and raped. commited suicide 18 months later. rapist did 6 months.

take a dim view of abusers of all stripes.

never once was there a masseur .......

btw, there were several women who confirmed, chose not to pursue charges or lawsuit.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

I think its lenient cause of Bob Kraft and his sticky situation, or maybe Jerry and his Prostitutes or maybe Snyder and the Cheerleaders.

NFL has let the owners slide, tough to give Deshaun the full year and have people cite owners "GETTING OFF" No pun intended, looking at you Mr Kraft

Funny how Deshauns camp came out yesterday saying they expected ZERO games, Sure......just BS posturing 
    CROJAM95 said:
    I think its lenient cause of Bob Kraft and his sticky situation, or maybe Jerry and his Prostitutes or maybe Snyder and the Cheerleaders.

NFL has let the owners slide, tough to give Deshaun the full year and have people cite owners "GETTING OFF" No pun intended, looking at you Mr Kraft

Funny how Deshauns camp came out yesterday saying they expected ZERO games, Sure......just BS posturing 
    willing to agree to a range 6-8? or 9?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?

want the browns on the hook for all of it and him to never be able to play again. THEN bad business decisions leave him destitute and homeless. and live a long long life.

sister was beaten and raped. commited suicide 18 months later. rapist did 6 months.

btw, there were several women who confirmed, chose not to pursue charges or lawsuit.....
    It takes two to settle
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?

It takes two to settle
    No chance that the women didn't want to endure the public trial and the probable harassment by Watson fan boys or whoever that would, likely accompany it?
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?

It takes two to settle
    No chance that the women didn't want to endure the public trial and the probable harassment by Watson fan boys or whoever that would, likely accompany it?

nope, none at all. liars, all of them. on to the pursuit of a ring.....

Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?

It takes two to settle
    It could be sealed by court order.  Civil trials aren't all Depp v Heard. 
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no evidence you say?

It takes two to settle

nope, none at all. liars, all of them. on to the pursuit of a ring.....
    Weird that they all had the same attorney,  isn't it? Maybe he was advertising on late night tv.