Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,966
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    He wants Desantis. Not the W it appears to be.
    I'll take Desantis over tRump 24/7 365....Desantis is a fucknut but he's nowhere near as deranged as tRump
    I wouldn’t. If you think the “own the libs” mindset is scary now, just look how people have cheered his string of blatantly fascist acts over the last few months. 
    I cheer Desantis mostly because tRump will unleash the fury on him as soon as he indicates he's in the running. No way those two fucksticks run on the same ticket. Desantis likely knows (and is being advised) that he needs to break from tRump and when that happens it will be glorious.

The GOP might have a victory party this year but I think they will divide in 2024 between tRump and whomever is the nominee.....which isn't going to be tRump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,011
    DewieCox said:
    I'll take Desantis over tRump 24/7 365....Desantis is a fucknut but he's nowhere near as deranged as tRump

Rogan is a far right extremist who hates the dems. 

But rds is much smarter than trump and could think of many ways to crunch the dems and derail stuff like renewable energy. And he'd have much better coattails than rump.
    I don't ever see Rogan as a far right extremist.  That is a bit much.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    I wouldn’t. If you think the “own the libs” mindset is scary now, just look how people have cheered his string of blatantly fascist acts over the last few months. 
    Agree…..a smarter Trump is extremely dangerous.  I’m hoping that Liz Cheney will decide to run, that way if the reps win again she is tolerable and at least she hates trump.  Most are saying she won’t get the nomination over trump though. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,602
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Agree…..a smarter Trump is extremely dangerous.  I’m hoping that Liz Cheney will decide to run, that way if the reps win again she is tolerable and at least she hates trump.  Most are saying she won’t get the nomination over trump though. 
    What’s more dangerous, a smarter POOTWH or a dick, like Deathsantis? From WaPo.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is having a moment. Pundits are suggesting that the Jan. 6 hearings, by exposing former president Donald Trump’s complicity in a coup attempt, will redound to DeSantis’s benefit in 2024. Already, a poll in New Hampshire shows DeSantis topping Trump. The question, from the standpoint of those of us who have a sentimental attachment to American democracy, is which man is a bigger threat to the republic? I found myself grappling with that issue as I read a long and enlightening profile of DeSantis by Dexter Filkins in the New Yorker.

Filkins notes that, “while Trump, with his lazy, Barnumesque persona, projects a fundamental lack of seriousness, DeSantis has an intense work ethic, a formidable intelligence, and a granular understanding of policy. Articulate and fast on his feet, he has been described as Trump with a brain.” But do we really want a president who will work harder and more intelligently to implement a Trumpian agenda? Is it really better to have a president who is relentlessly focused on right-wing bugaboos such as critical race theory, transgender athletes, undocumented immigrants and “woke corporations” rather than one who is easily distracted into braggadocio about his golf game or his flooring?

Actually, the more I read about DeSantis, the more he reminds me not of Trump but of another disgraced Republican president. One of DeSantis’s Yale baseball teammates told Filkins he is really “smart” but deficient in interpersonal skills: “He has always loved embarrassing and humiliating people. I’m speaking for others — he was the biggest d---k we knew.” A former House colleague said of DeSantis: “He’s a little reclusive, a bit of an odd duck … but he’s just incredibly disciplined.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Rogan is far from far right, or extreme. I'd put him in more of a libertarian bucket than anything. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is having a moment. Pundits are suggesting that the Jan. 6 hearings, by exposing former president Donald Trump’s complicity in a coup attempt, will redound to DeSantis’s benefit in 2024. Already, a poll in New Hampshire shows DeSantis topping Trump. The question, from the standpoint of those of us who have a sentimental attachment to American democracy, is which man is a bigger threat to the republic? I found myself grappling with that issue as I read a long and enlightening profile of DeSantis by Dexter Filkins in the New Yorker.

Filkins notes that, “while Trump, with his lazy, Barnumesque persona, projects a fundamental lack of seriousness, DeSantis has an intense work ethic, a formidable intelligence, and a granular understanding of policy. Articulate and fast on his feet, he has been described as Trump with a brain.” But do we really want a president who will work harder and more intelligently to implement a Trumpian agenda? Is it really better to have a president who is relentlessly focused on right-wing bugaboos such as critical race theory, transgender athletes, undocumented immigrants and “woke corporations” rather than one who is easily distracted into braggadocio about his golf game or his flooring?

Actually, the more I read about DeSantis, the more he reminds me not of Trump but of another disgraced Republican president. One of DeSantis’s Yale baseball teammates told Filkins he is really “smart” but deficient in interpersonal skills: “He has always loved embarrassing and humiliating people. I’m speaking for others — he was the biggest d---k we knew.” A former House colleague said of DeSantis: “He’s a little reclusive, a bit of an odd duck … but he’s just incredibly disciplined.”

I do think trump would be less inclined to do everything the GOP wants.  He likes to come up with his own stupid ideas….experimenting with disinfectant to cure covid, instigating a violent crowd to storm the capital.  But you’re right - DeSantis would be the end of the country for sure. Plus, he could be president for 8 years in a row, perfect amount of time to destroy an entire country. 

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,493
    edited November 2022
    nvm 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,459
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

I do think trump would be less inclined to do everything the GOP wants.  He likes to come up with his own stupid ideas….experimenting with disinfectant to cure covid, instigating a violent crowd to storm the capital.  But you’re right - DeSantis would be the end of the country for sure. Plus, he could be president for 8 years in a row, perfect amount of time to destroy an entire country. 

perfect amount of time to destroy an entire country." 

By 2024 it wouldn't take him long at all after Biden gets done with it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Which law that Biden signed in the last two years is doing the most destruction to the country, would you say?  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,762
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Which law that Biden signed in the last two years is doing the most destruction to the country, would you say?  
    That one from a few months ago. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Here is my list of new Biden laws to answer KP a few days ago. Of course that never got a response from that member, perhaps TJ can step up to the plate?

1. Best US climate law ever. Yes there is a climate crisis 

2. Best semiconductor chip law ever. New USA manufacturing all over the states

3. New infrastructure law. Promised by trump for years and years, delivered by Biden.

4. Best gun safety law in nearly 30 years, supported by a majority of.....Republicans 

5. Medicare prescription drug cost decreases. Again promised by both sides for years, delivered by Biden.

6. Minimum tax on corporate profits for companies like Amazon who tell wall street they make billions, but never report taxable income. You probably pay taxes, why shouldn't billionaires?

7. Expanded health care and benefits for Veterans...promised by Republicans forever....delivered by Biden.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,762
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Here is my list of new Biden laws to answer KP a few days ago. Of course that never got a response from that member, perhaps TJ can step up to the plate?

3. New infrastructure law. Promised by trump for years and years, delivered by Biden.

4. Best gun safety law in nearly 30 years, supported by a majority of.....Republicans 

5. Medicare prescription drug cost decreases. Again promised by both sides for years, delivered by Biden.

6. Minimum tax on corporate profits for companies like Amazon who tell wall street they make billions, but never report taxable income. You probably pay taxes, why shouldn't billionaires?

7. Expanded health care and benefits for Veterans...promised by Republicans forever....delivered by Biden.
    I was just being stupid and teasing with my comment. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

I agree with you.  That one in particular has wrecked the country, or it will or it might.  Or maybe not.  
  • Options
    Rogan is far from far right, or extreme. I'd put him in more of a libertarian bucket than anything. 

Dude endorsed trump over Biden. On what evidence does he base his opinion on? Which of those seven laws Biden signed posted above, some of which trump supported and failed to accomplish, would rogan say is a bad law?

Rogan panders the the right with zero accountability to truth and fact, with a very large audience. That makes him every bit as dangerous as a right wing extremist.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

I know- am trying to get TJ or KP to reply. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

I'm always happy to help when available. 

1,2,4 - "Best" ? Did it actually say that in the bill? I don't think so. 

3) Trump tried to work with congress on infrastructure and they weren't having it. There was no way in hell the Dems and even some of the Republicans would allow a major  law get passed like immigration under Trump. It would empower him even further. 

5) Is this similar to Obamacare? We all know how that turned out. Rates went up. You couldn't always keep your doctor like promised and it put some insurance companies out of business or they just got out of the business. 

6) Not sure about that one so won't comment. 

7) The Vets are going to need more benefits after killing a bunch of them during the botched Afghan withdrawal. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

3) Trump tried to work with congress on infrastructure and they weren't having it. There was no way in hell the Dems and even some of the Republicans would allow a major  law get passed like immigration under Trump. It would empower him even further. 

5) Is this similar to Obamacare? We all know how that turned out. Rates went up. You couldn't always keep your doctor like promised and it put some insurance companies out of business or they just got out of the business. 

7) The Vets are going to need more benefits after killing a bunch of them during the botched Afghan withdrawal. 

#7....  these?

or maybe these....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Please let me know when the “bigger, better, more beautiful, less expensive” repub plan to replace Obama care is implemented. 35 million ‘Muricans are counting on them.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

'The Art of the Deal' was always fiction. It turns out Trump is a terrible negotiator, that's why nothing got done.
    I still remember his supporters saying what a great President he would make because he was a businessman and that's what the country needed. Well, they were wrong on that one too.

• Options
    eddiec said:
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

'The Art of the Deal' was always fiction. It turns out Trump is a terrible negotiator, that's why nothing got done.
    I still remember his supporters saying what a great President he would make because he was a businessman and that's what the country needed. Well, they were wrong on that one too.

The infrastructure deal always aggravated me.  I wondered why it never went through.
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Please let me know when the “bigger, better, more beautiful, less expensive” repub plan to replace Obama care is implemented. 35 million ‘Muricans are counting on them.
    We may very well be on our way to finding out the successor to Obummercare. It's called socialized medicine. 
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

We may very well be on our way to finding out the successor to Obummercare. It's called socialized medicine. 
    Repubs are going to propose socialized medicine? They could have done that 12 years ago! What’s the holdup? And a trick question, how would you define Medicare as what type of “medicine?”

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Lucky for conservatives, gerrymandering will make sure that socialized medicine never happens. 

I will take you up on #1 first. I said the best climate bill ever because a) it’s the biggest investment to date to try to save the climate, and b) it uses the carrot approach instead of the stick approach, meaning it offers incentives for companies to invest in renewables, instead of mandates and regulations. In the pre trump world, moderate republicans would have applauded this approach

Since Biden just gets attacked anyway as if this key law never happened, the trump republican brand is ONLY interested in a culture war and had zero interest in policies that will actually help us

• Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Answer my question.  Which bill passed by congress, signed by Biden do you think is most destructive for America?  And explain why.  You're very informed on policy, so educate us. 
  • Options

Dude endorsed trump over Biden. On what evidence does he base his opinion on? Which of those seven laws Biden signed posted above, some of which trump supported and failed to accomplish, would rogan say is a bad law?

Rogan panders the the right with zero accountability to truth and fact, with a very large audience. That makes him every bit as dangerous as a right wing extremist.
    he didn't endorse trump. he clarified his comments that he wasn't propping trump up with that comment. he said he'd vote for an ape over both of them, from what I recall. 

he doesn't pander to the right exclusively. He panders to the anti-woke, which have more on the right than on the left, but many on the left as well. 

I haven't listened to him in months because he's an irresponsible blowhard that doesn't do enough research to back his claims. But he's not "far right". saying he's as dangerous as the far right, I'd say that's debatable, but he's not one of them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,493
    edited November 2022

he didn't endorse trump. he clarified his comments that he wasn't propping trump up with that comment. he said he'd vote for an ape over both of them, from what I recall. 

he doesn't pander to the right exclusively. He panders to the anti-woke, which have more on the right than on the left, but many on the left as well. 

I haven't listened to him in months because he's an irresponsible blowhard that doesn't do enough research to back his claims. But he's not "far right". saying he's as dangerous as the far right, I'd say that's debatable, but he's not one of them.

Being a regressive, entitled white man... "anti-woke" is pretty damn accurate description of him (& his audience)  
  • Options
    same with Bill Maher. he's an old man who says he's liberal but only in the 1990's liberal sense.he hasn't continued the progressive line like many of us; he only tolerates as much liberalism as he agreed with when he was 40. 

now he's just a POS bully that tries to pander to both sides (but attacking liberals more and more), insults both equally to try to keep his "impartial" status. he's just a fucking asshole. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    same with Bill Maher. he's an old man who says he's liberal but only in the 1990's liberal sense.he hasn't continued the progressive line like many of us; he only tolerates as much liberalism as he agreed with when he was 40. 

now he's just a POS bully that tries to pander to both sides (but attacking liberals more and more), insults both equally to try to keep his "impartial" status. he's just a fucking asshole. 

I ageee he is a bully, I stopped watching Maher about a year ago, his never ending take on Covid and never ending criticism of woke culture became impossible for me to watch. Not that there weren’t real complaints on each, but Maher’s show became absolutist and one sided. 

Also, that Rogan explanation that Biden is worse than an ape, not sure that’s helpful of him, funny, nor accurate. Biden and the Dems have a real record with solid legislative accomplishments, and if folks with a mic and audience perform like rogan, not sure we are ever going to get good leadership when ones with solid records get called worse than apes. That’s still pandering to his bro audience.
  • Options

I ageee he is a bully, I stopped watching Maher about a year ago, his never ending take on Covid and never ending criticism of woke culture became impossible for me to watch. Not that there weren’t real complaints on each, but Maher’s show became absolutist and one sided. 

Also, that Rogan explanation that Biden is worse than an ape, not sure that’s helpful of him, funny, nor accurate. Biden and the Dems have a real record with solid legislative accomplishments, and if folks with a mic and audience perform like rogan, not sure we are ever going to get good leadership when ones with solid records get called worse than apes. That’s still pandering to his bro audience.
    he said that prior to the election. he believed the right wing talking poing that Biden was in severe cognitive decline. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

he said that prior to the election. he believed the right wing talking poing that Biden was in severe cognitive decline. 
    I am gonna take a wild guess and say rogan is not onboard with democratic accomplishments since Biden “won.”