Options

Will you Travel Next Tour?

124»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    I'll do the same thing I always do.  I usually travel to Vancouver/Seattle if I can as they are closer to me (about 3.5 hours to drive/ferry to Vancouver, about 5 or 6 to Seattle).

Most of the time if i go other places it was because a friend lives there and I was looking for a reason to go visit, or another friend came up with a reason we needed to go.... lol.  So basically if they played Houston I would travel, otherwise I'll still to the Pacific Northwest shows.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    I would always want to travel to see them for as long as I can and for as long as they can still play live shows. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    There's no way I'm traveling for shows with covid cancelations still hanging over things. Got burned on a trip to Brooklyn for the Whigs. We made a night out of it but didn't need to drop that kinda cash on gas and hotel for day drinking and a random Saint Vitus plan b. Can't imagine heaping airfare and additional hotel nights on top of that.
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 665
    I'm hoping that my 3 show run in Sept (MSG, Nashville, and Denver) will reinvigorate my 30 year passion for PJ. Currently I have lost interest in the band. The cancellation of Vegas stings especially since PJ has done nothing to make good on all the Raleigh bullshit. The first out then last back in with touring during Covid has been frustrating when many other bands have been able to navigate these difficult times and still tour and adapt to the circumstances.
    I've seen lots of awesome bands the last two years to get my music fix and none of them were named Pearl Jam. Their last few music releases are definitely not something that come to mind when I want throw some tunes on the turntable and jam out. So I don't see how shorter sets and more new music played at shows are going to bring me out of my funk. I think my only hope is that hanging with old travel buddies at pre parties, waiting in absurd merch lines, and telling stories of the good old days will make me want to continue to travel to see the band in the future. However the next tour will probably only consist of states that have legal abortion so there won't be as many options of places to travel to see them in the states.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    I would always want to travel to see them for as long as I can and for as long as they can still play live shows. 

+1
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    Regarding flight cancelations.... as Dave Grohl told Paul McCartney at Glastonbury on stage... his flight to London was cx more than once
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    demetrios said:
    +1
    +2
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    if im healthy and can afford it,will travel
    as for how many shows,ill think when its time 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Less travel for PJ. We likely travel for MMJ more 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2022
    I have no idea, but the setlists this tour and the shorter shows would have absolutely no impact on it. I think a 2+ hour show is completely fine. I actually thought 3+ hours was too long. And I like the setlists this year - they are getting better as they go along, which was to be expected. The band needed time to stretch their legs after such a long time away from live shows.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Flying to London on Thursday… booked flights to Denver in September. Ready to go! Let’s rock 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Flying to London on Thursday… booked flights to Denver in September. Ready to go! Let’s rock 
    Safe travels and enjoy the show!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,934
    edited July 2022
    I will do my usual thing. 

If playing in Sweden (non festival) - YES
    If playing in the Nordics (Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki) - YES to one of those
    If yes to one or two of the above - go to one (1) place in Europe I haven't been (like Budapest this year)
    If no shows in the Nordics - go to two (2) places in Europe I haven't been.

In essence. Try to catch two shows per tour. And have the places I visit be places I haven't visited before. Except for if they are playing in Sweden and close by, as the Nordic countries are.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    not trying to be negative. I did catch three shows already this tour. But as far as traveling, I made the bummer decision to not. I refunded my airline, hotel and sold my Nashville tickets. Just cant justify the cost to see the same basic concert Ive seen already. But, all three were fricken amazing! Just that I could drive to them, minimal cost. Ill see Eddie in Ohana two weeks in a row in September, so that's good enough. Just return on investment decision.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    DEGBTI said:
    not trying to be negative. I did catch three shows already this tour. But as far as traveling, I made the bummer decision to not. I refunded my airline, hotel and sold my Nashville tickets. Just cant justify the cost to see the same basic concert Ive seen already. But, all three were fricken amazing! Just that I could drive to them, minimal cost. Ill see Eddie in Ohana two weeks in a row in September, so that's good enough. Just return on investment decision.
    I hear you. Travelling isn't super easy these days and it can be very expensive. I'm definitely going to try and be smarter about it going forward. If I can drive to shows, or take a train, that will be much more appealing than booking airfare. I'm ok with hotels, but flying is so uncertain and costly right now. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    STL or KC is my radius and has been for a long time now. I wouldn’t not go because of a set list. That’s fucking silly to me. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    BLACK35 said:
    Safe travels and enjoy the show!
    Thanks B35! Getting pretty pumped now that my flight is only 4 days away! 
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 326
    Yes.  I haven’t travelled for PJ in 10 years, but next tour will hopefully go to a city I’ve never been to before as it’s a great excuse (will probably skip London though next time).
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    Driving is all I do nowadays. Unfortunately, ticket prices are approaching an amount that I'm not willing to pay.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Nothing to do with the shorter setlists, I just have too many other places I want to go and things I want to do & see rather than center my life and vacations around Pearl Jam shows.

That said, I would like to do Ohana one year. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I'm forced to travel if I want to see shows, so it comes down to a financial decision. The setlists don't bother me. I'm much more concerned with flights getting cancelled than I am about not hearing 5-8 songs.

• Options
    BF89905 said:
    Driving is all I do nowadays. Unfortunately, ticket prices are approaching an amount that I'm not willing to pay.

I wanna do more driving to Pearl Jam shows. It's been all airplane & train rides. The Canadian dates this September we will be driving. I would LOVE to do a New England Pearl Jam Experience road trip. To see them in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire & Rhode Island. And to also see them again in Massachusetts & Connecticut.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    demetrios said:
    BF89905 said:

I wanna do more driving to Pearl Jam shows. It's been all airplane & train rides. The Canadian dates this September we will be driving. I would LOVE to do a New England Pearl Jam Experience road trip. To see them in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire & Rhode Island. And to also see them again in Massachusetts & Connecticut.

This is my dream. Been trying to wish the mythical New England tour into existence for years. Don't stop believin'! 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    I’ll do anything in a 3 hour drive if the dates are convenient. 
    I’ll only consider travel if they’re not hitting Toronto and it’s a city I want to see. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:
    BF89905 said:

This is my dream. Been trying to wish the mythical New England tour into existence for years. Don't stop believin'! 

Someday!
  • Options
    Consider driving less. We only have one planet.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    The spontaniety and wow factors of the shows have gotten less and less over the last few tours.  To me it has nothing to do with the quantity of the songs, but the predictability of every mainset ending with Porch, every enocre having Alive then mostly a flip of Yellow Ledbetter/RITFW.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    Driving to NYC then turning around and driving home only to then drive to Camden then turning around and driving home.

Hopefully it's easier next tour!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Consider driving less. We only have one planet.

We are America, we don’t get euro type public transport choices. North America was built for driving, try getting from NYC direct to Ottawa. The only direct public transport is a plane from New Jersey. And that’s either 8.30am or pm, which doesn’t exactly line up with a single night stay for a show. Trains and buses do not do this direct route at all. And Ottawa is the second closest city show to the largest city in the US, except for those winning the highest demand ticket of the tour, the msg lottery