Matt Cameron, Kim Thayil, Krist Novoselic form new band "3rd Secret"

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    Kim Thayil IV

Lol

Did anyone here score a vinyl copy that was up on Bandcamp many weeks back?

I didn't know vinyl had gone up for sale :(
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Im still really into the first  record. 
    Its beautiful  on a sunny day
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    Kim Thayil IV

Lol

Did anyone here score a vinyl copy that was up on Bandcamp many weeks back?

I didn't know vinyl had gone up for sale :(

Yep.  Didn't get a heads up from Bandcamp that the vinyl went up in store. 

“Lies Fade Away” - 3rd Secret
    3rd Secret recently put out their new song “Lies Fade Away” recorded live in Seattle at the Bait Shop.
     The Seattle group, consisting of Matt Cameron, Kim Thayil, Jillian Raye, Jennifer Johnson, Krist Novoselic, & Bubba Dupree, released a self-titled album earlier this year. 

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Pap said:
    There are at least 4-5 really good songs in this album! Here's one that immediately stood out, for me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fUjimu62U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRZFBpRw5KE
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Cool! Now bring back that vinyl pre order button. 
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

3rd Secret "Somewhere in Time" Official Live Video

Update ..
    Krist Novoselić ... https://deepriverdispatch.com

Hello from Krist!

Have been busy and not going online much. Was dabbling with Twitter. This was a bad experience for my blood pressure and psyche. Seriously, social media increases my blood pressure, so I had to quit. I am not very good at things like Twitter. I should be savvy and promote myself. But the level of restraint exerted from wanting to taunt others is too much. Thank God, I did not screw up on those late nights Tweeting under the influence. Too bad I can’t handle it — as social media seems like a nice way to see what people are doing, especially those I want to keep connected with. But social media can also be like watching the same social psychology experiment, over and over again. I gain insight into the wretched aspects of human behavior. Also caught how pervasive warfare state propaganda is. Combine these to manifest the terror regime. This regime are not our rulers, rather, it exists in a network of brainwashed minds hosted by the social media phenomenon. Groupthink run amok!!! Being cancelled is terrible. A musician, such as in my situation, has a lot to lose, so best to keep my head down because anything I say will not affect society. Readers who get it — get it. Others? It’s not up to me to try and make up minds; which is a death spiral on social media.

In other news: Wrapping up the gardens before the first rainstorm of the season arrives. Potatoes survived against all odds with the cold and damp spring. Nevertheless, an OK harvest with decent sized Norkotah Russet, Yellow Fin, Yukon Gold and Kennebec varieties. 🍟Darka makes me french fries! 🍏No apples or other fruit as the pollinators hid from the cold. Corn did fabulous 🌽. I planted the day after solstice — betting on a dry October. Low and behold, it paid off! Eating corn now and also will ferment about 15 gallons for bourbon. Will distill corn mash, then add fancy vanilla flavoring for Deep River Bourbon to sip on cold winter nights. True DIY hootch! Lots of tomatoes that will need to ripen inside 🍅. Will post canning pics soon.

The mighty Aztec has been commuting around the west coast of the USA. It’s in tip-top mechanical shape. Finally trimmed the rescue donkey’s hooves with the help of Amy. Been studying Energy Regulation with my MSL coursework.

Then there is music. Been playing guitar around the house. Finger style in the American Primitive. Matt came over the other day and I loaded him with produce. We started plotting the next 3rd Secret record. He’s not touring with Pearl Jam until the spring, so he’s all ours!! 3rd Secret is really nowhere on the mainstream musical radar. It’s my fault as I am leading this project at this point. I have the luxury of not caring about promotion. Mainstream media is wretched, so I am keeping myself unspotted from it. Others in the group might not share my indulgence so this can change. I am not the boss of this band! Am just the one pushing to make things happen. Looks like November / soon to start the followup 3rd Secret.

I was flying over Garberville this summer and thought of Bruce Loose. Landed in Burbank and checked my email to discover three long messages from Bruce! I wrote him back and asked if he heard me fly over and how did he know it was me? He did not know. It was a coincidence.

More later………….

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    edited October 2022
    I love this .
    I also cant use social and i love gardening. 
    I feel in tune with this music and it is wholesome. 
    People will  read ooo pj spring  tour. But i would  love to see this  band play small clubs in the uk like brad did. 
    Well done  krist . A real human be ing
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

"Somewhere in Time" Video on YouTube

The Backstory on this Video by Krist

We shot two videos at Seattle's MoPop last March — "I Choose Me" and "Somewhere in Time". The latter was —finally— uploaded today. I splurged and assembled a big production for these songs; and it shows. In contrast, the other 3rd Secret videos are low budget. The basic rule with the band is to not make pantomime videos. We love to play and don't get together enough, so why mime songs?

To make a live (to camera) video, the band takes a few passes and usually we nail it on the third or fourth take. This way there is also extra footage for editing. I am revealing a secret that some shots in the video you see are from moments in previous takes! That's the magic of cinema! And Matt is so solid, he's practically a human metronome. Kim said years ago, a producer actually held up a beat counter to Matt and he was solid.

Capturing these videos was a fun time, but tragedy and heartache were soon enough coming for us. If you look at one shot in "Somewhere in Time" there is a figure walking behind the stage. That's Neil, Matt's drum tech and right hand man on stage. Neil was sneaking around to snatch Matt's and Kim's respective cell phones. Those two tend to fiddle with their phones between takes.

Long story short; we wrap on the fourth take of "Somewhere in Time", the final song for the shoot. We're hooting and giving high fives. But Neil walks on stage and tells us he needs us in the green room immediately. He was super serious. I thought there was a problem with staff on the shoot, or some other kind of trouble. No there wasn't. Neil told us that Taylor Hawkins had died in South American on the Foo's tour. We were shocked and the tears flowed.

Neil then actually apologized for whisking us away and snatching the cell phones. He did not want to interrupt the big production with the devastating news coming in over the phones. There were also many people watching the performances and he did not want a "reaction video" to make the rounds on social media. No offense with what Neil did. He was watching out for the band. I appreciate his thoughtfulness.

demetrios said: Then there is music. Been playing guitar around the house. Finger style in the American Primitive. Matt came over the other day and I loaded him with produce. We started plotting the next 3rd Secret record. He’s not touring with Pearl Jam until the spring, so he’s all ours!! 
  • That's what i thought people would flag
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

That's what i thought people would flag
    Technically, you're wrong. :smile: I also pointed out that a second 3rd Secret album may be coming soon. For the record, I'd also like to see them live!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Pap said:
    Technically, you're wrong. :smile: I also pointed out that a second 3rd Secret album may be coming soon. For the record, I'd also like to see them live!
    I would love to get the first one on vinyl. I think there were a small amount of copies that were available on their Bandcamp site, but by the time I heard about it, it was long gone.
  • It  is so my kind of music. I didnt know i needed😀
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    It  is so my kind of music. I didnt know i needed😀

I'm with ya! =)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Pap said:
    I would love to get the first one on vinyl. I think there were a small amount of copies that were available on their Bandcamp site, but by the time I heard about it, it was long gone.

I hope they put back more vinyl copies of their first album. And the 2nd album they have a more vinyl copies to sell.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    edited October 2022
    Should give it a listen. So much music so much time...give it to me baby. Someday after I finish listening to this band led zeppelin.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I hope they put back more vinyl copies of their first album. And the 2nd album they have a more vinyl copies to sell.

Me too.  I went on discogs and I don't see a vinyl copy even being listed.  I'm guessing whatever went up for sale hasn't shipped yet, so hopefully more copies appear at some point.
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    Can I get this on cd or vinyl  anywhere? I can't find a copy to buy

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    demetrios said:
    Croos1226 said:
    There was a vinyl release on Bandcamp. It's sold out. Not sure of the run but hoping for a bigger release later on.
    Well shit, MC lied! 

• 3rd Secret BLACK VINYL (LIMITED EDITION) Record/Vinyl + Digital Album

Black vinyl in a gatefold sleeve.

Track List:

1A. "Rhythm of the Ride"
    2A. "I Choose Me"
    3A. "Last Day of August"
    4A. "Winter Solstice"
    5A. "Lies Fade Away"
    6A. "Live Without You"
    1B. "Right Stuff"
    2B. "Dead Sea"
    3B. "Diamond in the Cold"
    4B. "Somewhere in Time"
    5B. "The Yellow Dress"

Includes unlimited streaming of 3rd Secret via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

Sold Out

Nothing on Discogs about a vinyl release
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    demetrios said:
    Croos1226 said:
    There was a vinyl release on Bandcamp. It's sold out. Not sure of the run but hoping for a bigger release later on.
    Well shit, MC lied! 

• 3rd Secret BLACK VINYL (LIMITED EDITION) Record/Vinyl + Digital Album

Black vinyl in a gatefold sleeve.

Track List:

1A. "Rhythm of the Ride"
    2A. "I Choose Me"
    3A. "Last Day of August"
    4A. "Winter Solstice"
    5A. "Lies Fade Away"
    6A. "Live Without You"
    1B. "Right Stuff"
    2B. "Dead Sea"
    3B. "Diamond in the Cold"
    4B. "Somewhere in Time"
    5B. "The Yellow Dress"

Includes unlimited streaming of 3rd Secret via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

Sold Out

Nothing on Discogs about a vinyl release
    Guessing it was never released? Don't know anyone who owns a copy.