I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Excellent! 
    So glad I picked that one up a while back as well. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited July 2022
    brianlux said:

Excellent! 
    Chinese Rocks. This is a great fackin record. I also picked up the Drastic Plastic RE of Johnny Thunders solo record “So Alone”.  These Drastic Plastic REs are pressed at QRP.
    Last night found the Drastic Plastic 2018 RE of The Damned - Machine Gun Etiquette. Was on my want list for a year and a copy popped up on discogs in good condition. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    edited July 2022
    brianlux said:

Excellent! 
    Chinese Rocks. This is a great fackin record. I also picked up the Drastic Plastic RE of Johnny Thunders solo record “So Alone”.  These Drastic Plastic REs are pressed at QRP.
    Last night found the Drastic Plastic 2018 RE of The Damned - Machine Gun Etiquette. Was on my want list for a year and a copy popped up on discogs in good condition. 
    Machine Gun Etiquette!  Wow, you're on a roll, 1T, excellent!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mickeyrat said:

Growing up I thought that was a pair of blue undies on his head. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:

What year is that Stones album?
    mickeyrat said:

I'll never look at the album the same again.  Ever!  :lol:

edited July 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

86 reissue red label.  my buddy got the 69....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    I got one stones from salvation army with the poster for 49 cents. Idk what year it's from.
    Loujoe said:
    I got one stones from salvation army with the poster for 49 cents. Idk what year it's from.

runout info......

Loujoe said:
    You may have a diamond. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I just picked up a 77 pressing of Exile w/ Artisan stamp. It was pretty rough, but I NEVER see Stones records in the bins. I am going to compare it to my 2020 Half Speed. I have a feeling it will blow it out of the water. Just wish it was cleaner.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I just picked up a 77 pressing of Exile w/ Artisan stamp. It was pretty rough, but I NEVER see Stones records in the bins. I am going to compare it to my 2020 Half Speed. I have a feeling it will blow it out of the water. Just wish it was cleaner.
    I have a 77 and I can't really tell a difference vs a real OG.  It's all about the cleanliness.  Hopefully after a good wash, yours will be quiet. 
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I have a 77 and I can't really tell a difference vs a real OG.  It's all about the cleanliness.  Hopefully after a good wash, yours will be quiet. 

excepting that rsd title I think all mine are used

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

You have the let it bleed rsd?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

You have the let it bleed rsd?

no. that recent hot rocks. just in general. he said he rarely sees used. I see them all the time. RS. Beatles.  many are later pressings sure but occasionally I see 1st or 2nds....

heres what I have.

edited July 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

runout info......

Side 2
     XZAL 9364-2
    11-11-69. AUDIO 11-13-69
    (An 'I' in a circle)

Side 1
    AUDIO  XZAL-9363-2. 11-20-69

Love this record.

Post edited by Loujoe on
    edited July 2022

Post edited by Loujoe on
    Lucked out and found this gen for a great price:
    Primary

Johnny Shines & Robert Lockwood* – Dust My Broom

Label:Flyright Records – FLY LP 563, Flyright Records – FLY 563
    Series:The JOB Series – Vol. 1
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Remastered, Mono
    Released:1980
    Genre:Blues
    Style:Country Blues

Loujoe said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

runout info......

XZAL 9363
    11-11-69

Love this record.

looks to be 1st pressing. now the question is where pressed. any other markings?

None I can see. All that is etched. There looks to be something pressed in there, but even under magnification can't make it out.

Did they all come with posters?

I had another one that I traded in w/o poster, not sure of date.

It's a beauty.

I scored a beat up 5x7 stones for 4 bucks. it plays well through all the scratches, bumps and bruises.

Nothing beats the older stones stuff. Fell out of love with them from undercover and up.

Tough to dig these up in the wild now. Till I die.
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

runout info......

XZAL 9363
    11-11-69

Love this record.

looks to be 1st pressing. now the question is where pressed. any other markings?
    Just that "I" in a circle
    I'm looking on discogs. Says initial copies came with poster. Still can't tell which plant yet. do I really care? This stuff will scramble my brain. It's only rock and roll.
    Loujoe said:
    I'm looking on discogs. Says initial copies came with poster. Still can't tell which plant yet. do I really care? This stuff will scramble my brain. It's only rock and roll.

I've gone down rabbit holes like that before trying to track down an exact pressing.  Happens fairly often with certain labels and popular bands. And a lot depends on the information available and the question of how accurate that info is.  Eventually, unless it's something that might have a good deal of value and I want to sell, it comes down to two question:  Do I like the record, and is the condition up to my preferences? 

Loujoe said:
    None I can see. All that is etched. There looks to be something pressed in there, but even under magnification can't make it out.

Did they all come with posters?

I had another one that I traded in w/o poster, not sure of date.

It's a beauty.

I scored a beat up 5x7 stones for 4 bucks. it plays well through all the scratches, bumps and bruises.

Nothing beats the older stones stuff. Fell out of love with them from undercover and up.

Tough to dig these up in the wild now. Till I die.
    If you found a clean original Let it Bleed, with poster,  then you struck record gold. Congrats.  And no, it doesn't matter the pressing. It will be better than the Clearly Vinyl from several years ago and the recent reissue. I had to search and order on discogs for the same. 
    Sweet. Good to know.  I love that it has a poster.  Sure most of those got pinned to a wall.  Slipped the record into a plastic sleeve and hope when my family dumps my stuff some other fan grabs it.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mickeyrat said:

I thought it was Randy Quaid from Independence Day...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata