Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Pretty sure I have tix to a show. If it's the first show I see after not doing anything for so long I'll likely explode and apologize in advance to anyone within 10 feet of me.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Loujoe said:
    Pretty sure I have tix to a show. If it's the first show I see after not doing anything for so long I'll likely explode and apologize in advance to anyone within 10 feet of me.

positive I have tix. have a parking pass and it happens in the middle of vacation week ON my birthday....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Amazing ^^
    4 weeks....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I've got tix for July 12 in Chicago...that was the rescheduled show that I bought a few years ago. They added July 11 since then.

Not sure if I want to grab tix for the 11th....the first show is at Alpine Valley on July 9th.  From looking at the 2010 tour it looks like they tend to play the same setlist each night.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I've got tix for July 12 in Chicago...that was the rescheduled show that I bought a few years ago. They added July 11 since then.

Not sure if I want to grab tix for the 11th....the first show is at Alpine Valley on July 9th.  From looking at the 2010 tour it looks like they tend to play the same setlist each night.
    Never had tix originally but was randomly looking a couple weeks ago and found 2 pretty good seats in the lower level for face value on the 12th.  There are a ton of upper level tix available for both shows.....charging $125 plus fees for nosebleeds is baffling.  

Never had tix originally but was randomly looking a couple weeks ago and found 2 pretty good seats in the lower level for face value on the 12th.  There are a ton of upper level tix available for both shows.....charging $125 plus fees for nosebleeds is baffling.  

that was the rate before when originally scheduled. so what do they do? charge less now and say fuck you to those who've had their shows rescheduled twice?

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    mickeyrat said:

that was the rate before when originally scheduled. so what do they do? charge less now and say fuck you to those who've had their shows rescheduled twice?
    That is kind of the Live Nation/Ticketmaster model these days. Fuck the consumer when demand is high, drop prices and fuck those who already paid (so same folks get DP'ed) when demand is low.

Dynamic pricing!
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

That is kind of the Live Nation/Ticketmaster model these days. Fuck the consumer when demand is high, drop prices and fuck those who already paid (so same folks get DP'ed) when demand is low.

Dynamic pricing!

rage had/has certain blocks of seats capped with the excess of starting face going to certain causes.

or did when Pittsburgh was orginally scheduled

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Just bought tix for El Paso in march. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.

are you going both nights? I'm struggling with this but if they are going to play the same set both nights I might skip. First world probs

I had great seats to see them in Noblesville in 2000 but they broke up and cancelled. I was gutted.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited July 2022

are you going both nights? I'm struggling with this but if they are going to play the same set both nights I might skip. First world probs

I had great seats to see them in Noblesville in 2000 but they broke up and cancelled. I was gutted.
    I would almost guarantee that if the set isn't exactly the same, there will be only one or two differences. Here's two setlist predictions I can give you based on general RATM knowledge. 

- The only Evil Empire songs they'll play are People of the Sun and Bulls on Parade. Maybe Vietnow. 

- Nothing from side 2 of The Battle of LA vinyl will be played. Voice of the Voiceless? Maria? New Millennium Homes? No fucking way. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and they're willing to play songs from throughout their already small catalog and change up the setlists nightly. They won't, but it would be cool if they did. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited July 2022

I would almost guarantee that if the set isn't exactly the same, there will be only one or two differences. Here's two setlist predictions I can give you based on general RATM knowledge. 

- The only Evil Empire songs they'll play are People of the Sun and Bulls on Parade. Maybe Vietnow. 

- Nothing from side 2 of The Battle of LA vinyl will be played. Voice of the Voiceless? Maria? New Millennium Homes? No fucking way. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and they're willing to play songs from throughout their already small catalog and change up the setlists nightly. They won't, but it would be cool if they did. 
    Yeah you're probably right. I wish I had Monday night tix and could then decide on going Tues....I hate to miss an opportunity
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850

If they play No Shelter my night will be complete.

Ashes in the Fall?

If they play No Shelter my night will be complete.

Ashes in the Fall?
    I was just looking back at some 2000 setlists and they played No Shelter....

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited July 2022
    Yeah No Shelter was pretty commonly played upon it's release. They played it when I saw them in 1999. And they even sometimes opened with it. I can see them playing that for sure. But then again, I just checked the past setlists and they only played it once during their 2007-2010 reunion era. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722

Just doing 1 night on Tuesday.  Like ledbetter is saying, highly doubt there will be much variance in the sets from night to night.  The fact that it's a Mon-Tues night they're playing here is kinda a bummer too.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Theres a part of me that hopes they have a new song.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Theres a part of me that hopes they have a new song.

Hell yes. 
    been posting video snippets of rehearsals for the past month....

mickeyrat said:
    where are you seeing those?

mickeyrat said:
    I’ve only seen “war within a breath” and it’s just audio 
    edited July 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    adbook

prob on insta and twatter too

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Anyone at the show last night? 
  • JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    edited July 2022
    It was amazing. Just was the people around me had the same energy I was experiencing. No new songs but just incredible. These guys obviously still care for each other.
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Holy shit… Wake Up & Tire Me? 

Those two alone would have made the show for me. 
    Holy shit… Wake Up & Tire Me? 

Those two alone would have made the show for me. 
    Yea dude. I’m excited for msg. I expected about 12-14 songs so 16 is nice to see. 
    very nice mix of the catalog

Some of these clips I’m watch……. Holy shit.