*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Poncier said:

Murphy is right and Harden doesn't need a max contract.  he hasn't proved that he is worthy of it.
    He may not need one, but pretty sure he wants one.
    Anyonw would be pretty hard pressed to offer him one based on his performance...  Even Harden needs to realize that.
    Maybe at this point in his career he's thinking more about his legacy. He's got to realize he has a legit chance at a championship on this team but only if they are able structure his contract in a way that allows Morey properly fill out the roster.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but you never know. Gotta be a reason he wouldn't have signed that opt in right when the trade went down...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Poncier said:

Murphy is right and Harden doesn't need a max contract.  he hasn't proved that he is worthy of it.
    Anyonw would be pretty hard pressed to offer him one based on his performance...  Even Harden needs to realize that.
    Maybe at this point in his career he's thinking more about his legacy. He's got to realize he has a legit chance at a championship on this team but only if they are able structure his contract in a way that allows Morey properly fill out the roster.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but you never know. Gotta be a reason he wouldn't have signed that opt in right when the trade went down...
    The only reason he didn't opt in (and why almost no player in that league does in those instances) is because he was expecting to get more money this offseason. Of course his play didn't help his cause, but I'm sure his agent is preparing some doctors' notes to say it was a hamstring issue and he'll be fine with a couple months off.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

The only reason he didn't opt in (and why almost no player in that league does in those instances) is because he was expecting to get more money this offseason. Of course his play didn't help his cause, but I'm sure his agent is preparing some doctors' notes to say it was a hamstring issue and he'll be fine with a couple months off.
    That Hammy is been lingering excuse for what, 5 years now?

I'd like to see Embiid and Harden on a full season run.  You guys could have something good.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I'd like to see Embiid and Harden on a full season run.  You guys could have something good.
    There were reports at the time that the reason he did not sign was because he was interested in possibly taking less so Morey can have more flexibility. There's more of those stories floating around now. Of course, with their relationship, this is a different situation than most trades.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

There were reports at the time that the reason he did not sign was because he was interested in possibly taking less so Morey can have more flexibility. There's more of those stories floating around now. Of course, with their relationship, this is a different situation than most trades.
    Yes, I thought Morey and he were on good terms.

Like I said, hope to see them amicably come to terms.  I like embiid and seeing him in the playoffs.  I like Harden too and that kid that said he sucks for not making 40.  He cracks me up.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Sounding like a 3 year deal for Harden. I think I can live with that..

Hoping they don't flip Melton or something. Absolutely the perfect kind of player for this team. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited June 2022
    I hope you guys can see that Tweet above^^^, because I can't

Anyone have any clue why I'm not seeing embedded Tweets on here anymore?
    Post edited by cutz on
    edited June 2022
    I've seen it happen to me before but not sure of the reason. I found that using the 'copy link's option from the share tweet button easier to embed than just grabbing the url link, for whatever that's worth. 
    I've seen it happen to me before but not sure of the reason. I found that using the 'copy link's option from the share tweet button easier to embed than just grabbing the url link, for whatever that's worth. 
    Thanks but that didn't work either, unless I did it wrong?

Low-Tech 
    I don't know man, same here. I see it though.
    Thanks for the help.

I just tried in incognito mode and the Tweets show up now. No clue as to why, but it does.

Did Silver just announce 76ers trade and Danny Green was not in trade?
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the help.

I just tried in incognito mode and the Tweets show up now. No clue as to why, but it does.

Did Silver just announce 76ers trade and Danny Green was not in trade?
    He was in the trade. I think it's a good one for us. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited June 2022
    You'll like Melton. Solid bench guy that's a great defender and can get hot and put up some points.
    Post edited by Jumb0 on
    My "source" is hearing he is opting out and will sign for les money. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Signing Tucker will be a mistake. you don't give $10 million for 3 years to a 37 year old big guy.   You have to be able to get a younger guy to do the same things as Tucker can give you.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited June 2022
    pjhawks said:
    Signing Tucker will be a mistake. you don't give $10 million for 3 years to a 37 year old big guy.   You have to be able to get a younger guy to do the same things as Tucker can give you.
    Younger guys that do what Tucker does cost more than $10 million. I agree that it’s a risky move but he was huge for Milwaukee and Miami these last 2 years. His man defense is unreal and that corner 3 is still pretty deadly. And it really seems like he pushes everyone around him to be their best. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I really enjoyed Hustle.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    My "source" is hearing he is opting out and will sign for les money. 
    NEVER DOUBT YOUR JUGGLER'S SOURCE.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wow they're saying MID 30s, that would be amazing. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    I really enjoyed Hustle.
    saw this today. I enjoyed it. Laughed when Boban's character said he was 22 and he had his "10 year old son" with him. Forgot some parts were filmed in Coatesville

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I really enjoyed Hustle.
    saw this today. I enjoyed it. Laughed when Boban's character said he was 22 and he had his "10 year old son" with him. Forgot some parts were filmed in Coatesville

How long did they close off the Manayunk Wall making that movie?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Kayyyyy Deeeee. DO IT.
    Kayyyyy Deeeee. DO IT.
    He wants to go to teams that were already in the Conference Finals recently. Has any player ever been more of a frontrunner than this guy?

Ben Simmons.....hahahaha

Oh man......
    chinese-happy.jpg