What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jimmy Carr: Best of Ultimate Gold…

God I love this man. He is one sick fuck 😂
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Daredevil

There's an awful lot to unpack here...holy shit.  2003 was a very long time ago.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    ikiT said:
    Daredevil

There's an awful lot to unpack here...holy shit.  2003 was a very long time ago.
    The Director's Cut is suppose to be better. 

But still, 

KANE HODDER 

is in it.

So it is great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Harold and Maude is one of my all-time favorites. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    watched that Val Kilmer doc on Prime. wow. that was something else. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The film — he — inspired me. That doc brought me to tears a few times.

”Don’t be humiliated; be grateful.” It was something I really needed to see and hear.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    The film — he — inspired me. That doc brought me to tears a few times.

”Don’t be humiliated; be grateful.” It was something I really needed to see and hear.
    I found that quote to be striking as well. because in the span of about a minute I went from feeling sad for him to feeling admiration. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Hustle (2022)

It was enjoyable. Best basketball movie i've seen in awhile
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Hustle (2022)

Agreed

sandman delivers 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

It’s now on Amazon Prime. 
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    (In a gravelly voice, lol) The Batman. I enjoyed it but felt there was no line between Bruce and the Bat (intentional for the story I think, hopefully something that gets developed in further installments).

Battinson gets a passing grade from me (but I enjoyed what I saw of Batfleck so what do I know, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    (In a gravelly voice, lol) The Batman. I enjoyed it but felt there was no line between Bruce and the Bat (intentional for the story I think, hopefully something that gets developed in further installments).

Battinson gets a passing grade from me (but I enjoyed what I saw of Batfleck so what do I know, lol).
    I like Ben as Actor/Director.....didnt look like Batman to me, lil bloaty with a 5 oclock shadow like he just was drinking all weekend

Also the material was shit, its all about writers/directors.....I watched those Zach Snyder films, even the latest cut, a few cool things but too much sensory overload/ CGI ...I prefer Batman standalones, Superman stand alones....Marvel Avengers works better as ensemble 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    CROJAM95 said:

I like Ben as Actor/Director.....didnt look like Batman to me, lil bloaty with a 5 oclock shadow like he just was drinking all weekend

Also the material was shit, its all about writers/directors.....I watched those Zach Snyder films, even the latest cut, a few cool things but too much sensory overload/ CGI ...I prefer Batman standalones, Superman stand alones....Marvel Avengers works better as ensemble 

That was how Batman was portrayed in the Miller era.
    CROJAM95 said:

I wanted to be nice

HE HAS A BIG FUCKIN MELON 🤣
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I wanted to be nice

He can’t help it; he’s from Massachusetts. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    dankind said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I wanted to be nice

There's something in the water.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited June 2022
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I wanted to be nice

I thought Travolta fixed that?

P.S. I have a freakishly small head, so I just grow out my jewfro to fit in. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I wanted to be nice

Hustle (2022)

There really hasn't been too many basketball movies out there to begin with though. there's White Men Can't Jump, Hoosiers (which i still have on VHS but haven't seen it like over 25 years) and Space Jam. I think those are the only ones i've seen.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hustle (2022)

There really hasn't been too many basketball movies out there to begin with though. there's White Men Can't Jump, Hoosiers (which i still have on VHS but haven't seen it like over 25 years) and Space Jam. I think those are the only ones i've seen.
    Blue Chips
    Semi Pro
    Glory road
    Coach Carter
    He Got Game
    Hoop Dreams
    Those are all good movies, albeit for different reasons.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hustle (2022)

Blue Chips
    Semi Pro
    Glory road
    Coach Carter
    He Got Game
    Hoop Dreams
    Adding Love and Basketball and Gunnin’ for That #1 Spot
    I SAW PEARL JAM

•  

Love this film, I might have to watch it again soon!
  • GlowGirl said:

It’s now on Amazon Prime. 
    Cool. I'm gonna have to get the DVD at somepoint! X

• I love this film! X
    dankind said:
    Hustle (2022)

Blue Chips
    Semi Pro
    Glory road
    Coach Carter
    He Got Game
    Hoop Dreams
    Lest we forget The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Hustle (2022)

Blue Chips
    Semi Pro
    Glory road
    Coach Carter
    He Got Game
    Hoop Dreams
    Lest we forget The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
    The House That Rob Built (2021)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    dankind said:
    Hustle (2022)

Blue Chips
    Semi Pro
    Glory road
    Coach Carter
    He Got Game
    Hoop Dreams

Yeah never seen any of those
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    Hustle (2022)

Blue Chips
    Semi Pro
    Glory road
    Coach Carter
    He Got Game
    Hoop Dreams

Yeah never seen any of those
    Some good watching awaits!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved