what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Thank you all for your kind words and support.

The call/interview with the birth mother kept getting delayed, so we didn't find out until late Saturday night. But, it's good news! She chose us!!! The baby isn't due for another 6 weeks or so, so the madness will continue lol. At least that will give us enough time to make sure everything is ready for when we get to bring him/her home.
    congratulations! so exciting!

Absolutely  wonderful 

GlowGirl said:

The call/interview with the birth mother kept getting delayed, so we didn't find out until late Saturday night. But, it's good news! She chose us!!! The baby isn't due for another 6 weeks or so, so the madness will continue lol. At least that will give us enough time to make sure everything is ready for when we get to bring him/her home.
    That’s wonderful news. Congrats!! Will this be your first?
    Thanks all! Yes, it will be my first (and probably only) child.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Absolutely  wonderful 

GlowGirl said:

Wonderful news! May you three have a happy and healthy life together 🙂
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    hedonist said:

Absolutely  wonderful 

GlowGirl said:

:) 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited June 2022
    markymark550 said: It will be my first (and probably only) child.
    Congratulations!
    Erica Bing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,707
    Someone  here must have a spare pj baby grow to celebrate this. @pdalowsky would you happen ro have one?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

Absolutely  wonderful 

GlowGirl said:

https://youtu.be/J8lRKCw2_Pk
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Absolutely  wonderful 

GlowGirl said:

https://youtu.be/J8lRKCw2_Pk
    It’s magic!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Congrats !!!
    My cousin, who passed from cancer this past November.

Amazing how certain songs can take me to right to a specific time — or in this case, person.

In thinking of him and how lucky I was to be so close with him in life…it made me smile :smile:

PS: Fuck cancer. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905

Outstanding! Congratulations!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    hedonist said:
    My cousin, who passed from cancer this past November.

Amazing how certain songs can take me to right to a specific time — or in this case, person.

In thinking of him and how lucky I was to be so close with him in life…it made me smile :smile:

PS: Fuck cancer. 
    It’s amazing how a song or a scent can flash you back to people and/or places so quickly.  I’m glad it was happy memories.

P.S. Fuck Cancer!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Congratulations @markymark550!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123

Historical facts about the University of Portsmouth, UK (where I got my PhD from :smiley: ):

This July marks a special month for us as we celebrate our 30th anniversary as a university on Thursday 7 July 2022.

Our roots as an institution date back to 1870 to the Portsmouth and Gosport School of Science and Art, and we became Portsmouth Polytechnic in 1969, buying Ravelin Park from the Government. In the same year our first halls of residence – Rees Hall – opened in a prime position overlooking Southsea Common.

Our students have also rubbed shoulders with cultural icons over the years, acting as extras for The Who in the film Tommy in 1974 and watching an early appearance by Nirvana at the Students’ Union on their first UK tour in 1989. 

And in 1992 after a decade as one of the largest and best performing polytechnics in the UK, we out-grew our old name and received university status. The University of Portsmouth was born.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Really enjoying our patio experience at night.  

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,707
    How is that done. I love it 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    How is that done. I love it 
    Bioluminescent stones mixed in with the concrete.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Welcome to Greece Mr Dickinson..

Παρακολουθήστε και κατεβάστε υπέροχα βίντεο δωρεάν στο Mi Βίντεο:https://alsgp0.fds.api.xiaomi.com/video-activity-h5/share.html?vid=XvNgt8l9JmQ
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    My wife gets back tomorrow & I can't wait to see her. Now I need to clean the damn house!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Choices, life, courage, fear.

The usual 😛
    hedonist said:

The usual 😛
    So light Friday feelings, eh?

mfc2006 said:
    My wife gets back tomorrow & I can't wait to see her. Now I need to clean the damn house!
    Good man 😀  Nothing more infuriating then coming home to a dirty, messy house🤬
    hedonist said:

The usual 😛

mfc2006 said:
    Ha! Light will return 🙂

…even if it kills me 😉
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

The usual 😛

mfc2006 said:
    Ha! Light will return 🙂

…even if it kills me 😉

Light years, feelings and words,
    They were but paving stones and Fifthelement's light made them stars
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

The usual 😛

mfc2006 said:
    Ha! Light will return 🙂

…even if it kills me 😉
    Hopefully it doesn’t. You bring light to so many others. I’ll share some of mine with you.

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Get up off this couch and turn on the air conditioner. It must be well over 80 degrees (WPB FL) in my house. I'm being lazy I gather since it's been over a month since I've been on here. I've been away front internet since that time and I can't stop posting and catching UP all over this place.

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    WOW.  This thread is still here!  :o

I also cannot remember the last time I was here - so good to see a lot of old, familiar names still around :love:

Just saw Incubus last night and seeing RATM, 2x, next week ... then PJ in September!  Woohoo!  So much fucked up shit going on in the world, and this country in particular (understatement!) - so need to find the small joys where we can.  Live music is a biggie!  Thankful for that.

Also a wee bit anxious as RATM will be my first concert indoors since 12.31.99.  I'm vaccinated to the nines so trying not to think about it. :expressionless:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

That stupid commercial with Jennifer Aniston for a collagen powder. She ends the commercial with, “Because YOU…(pause)…are vital.”

Then she makes an idiotic face while smiling off into the distance.

Bitch, please. 
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2022
    hedonist said:
    That stupid commercial with Jennifer Aniston for a collagen powder. She ends the commercial with, “Because YOU…(pause)…are vital.”

Then she makes an idiotic face while smiling off into the distance.

Bitch, please. 
    I havent seen it yet, but am loving your description :lol