Options

***official Bridge School Benefit Pre-party***

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    GREAT JOB!!!

Amazing weather too. We gotta borrow that Auctioneer for all of our events. ha ha.

That kid's family must feel at soo much peace.

Thanks soo much!!!

crap...we were so close...i was at the preparty and we didn't meet up. damn.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    hold the phone...rargh you were at the party on saturday? how in the heck did i miss you!?

bonowall thanks for putting those parties together - good job! it was a blast to meet folks at both :)
  • Options
    bonowall wrote:
    OK- So I am exhausted! The party went very well I thought!!! Fellow fans KICK ASS!!! We raised over $1400 and were able to put a child through that camp whcih was the goal.

I will have more Wishlist Foundation Shirts with me today if anyone wants to buy them!!

As far as last night's show. I was not very happy. I am starting a new thread about my thoughts on Dave Matthews Fans (flame if you'd like but I'm expressing those thoughts cuz they NEED to be said).

Aside of that, it was a fucking Brian Wilson concert! HOnestly, who doesn't appreciate the Beach Boys but for over an hour!?!?!? Cut Foos set to 40 minutes and PKJ only played like 6 songs or something.

In no particular order:
    Small Town, Throw Your Hatred DOwn (w Neil), Daughter, Man Of The Hour, Your Photograph (?) - Tom Waite song, Crazy Mary

That's all I remember...might be it.

Oh yeah, they came on BEFORE DMB!? I left afterwards. I was prety tired and really disgusted. I will save my energy for tonight (PJs anniversary) and hope/expect big things.

See you At The Sports Page...once I wake up!

I went to both nights & only left a little early Sunday because I was just flat out exhausted....

Just remember for next time: F. that lawn! It's such a much better experience in seats. I didn't even KNOW there were Dave Matthews fans around me.
    "I just want to thank you for the opportunity to communicate with so many of you.
    And I know that the bootlegs, people will hear them, and people who weren't here will hear them, and it might sound overly emotional, but if they were here they'd understand."
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    It was GREAT meeting fellow jammers at the show yesterday! (This board is the only thing keeping me awake at work - didn't get back to LA until 5 AM!)

Congrats to Bonowall and all who attended on the success of the party!

As for last night,
    I thought PJ's set was great but way too short, Trent & the Foo Fighters were also highlights.

Can't wait to see some of you / meet more people at the next show!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    Congrats, again, on the pre-party, bonowall. I hope your fantasy football team was able to do better once we left the Sports Page on Sunday.

It was great meeting people at the party and at the concert (totem pole).

It is good to see that 1Vedhead and luckintimer made it back down to LA alright.

Lukintimer and PJCougar - As a good looser, I have to say congrats on WSU beating UO.

Loved PJ (2D > 1D) and the Triangle solo. :D
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    The Blue Chalk wasn't the best choice for the Friday party, but my wife & I still met some cool fans there and later that night walking around in the area. After hearing Linda call for us "Pearl Jam people" we ended up at a nice little bar there.

Had a great time at the Sports Page pre-party meeting new people and hanging out with other fans. I hope to see you all again at a future show or pre/post party.
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    It was great meeting people at the party and at the concert (totem pole).
    ditto. i met some good people, hung out with some great people. from the sounds of it, there were alot more there than I imagined........like uncle rico says...

next time, we need to look official, like get us some name tags, with our pictures on it and everything............

and to the guy at the pole on saturday....cheers buddy, cause holy je'sus......
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    F'n_Circus wrote:

That thing was straight out of a Cheech & Chong movie. Gave us just the right amount for this weekend.
  • Options
    What a great weekend. Huge THANKS to BonoWall for all of his hard work... the parties, the raffle, auction and great result. It was a blast.

It was awesome meeting so many great PJ fans! You guys rock.

I thought Saturday's show was good, but Sunday was friggin' great. Black w/ We Belong Together tag was phenomenal, one of the best versions I've ever heard. Even Neil was in awe. And on top of that we got Masters of War and Lukin!!!

Along with Death Cab, Trent, the Foos... and the tringle solo. So much good stuff.

Yo, Mookie_in_Eugene... thanks for the congrats. Go Cougs! You're a good sport. Let me know about that Marseille boot.

Can't wait to do it again!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    ditto. i met some good people, hung out with some great people. from the sounds of it, there were alot more there than I imagined........like uncle rico says...

next time, we need to look official, like get us some name tags, with our pictures on it and everything............

One moment he needs paper, then the next moment...wow! The thing was fatter than a cigar.
  • Options
    LukinTimer wrote:
    What a great weekend. Huge THANKS to BonoWall for all of his hard work... the parties, the raffle, auction and great result. It was a blast.

It was awesome meeting so many great PJ fans! You guys rock.

I thought Saturday's show was good, but Sunday was friggin' great. Black w/ We Belong Together tag was phenomenal, one of the best versions I've ever heard. Even Neil was in awe. And on top of that we got Masters of War and Lukin!!!

Along with Death Cab, Trent, the Foos... and the tringle solo. So much good stuff.

Yo, Mookie_in_Eugene... thanks for the congrats. Go Cougs! You're a good sport. Let me know about that Marseille boot.

Can't wait to do it again!

Watch the PM.
  • Options
    "Pearl Jam People" we are!!! Woo-hoo! That was me, Linda

NeilJam wrote:
    The Blue Chalk wasn't the best choice for the Friday party, but my wife & I still met some cool fans there and later that night walking around in the area. After hearing Linda call for us "Pearl Jam people" we ended up at a nice little bar there.

Had a great time at the Sports Page pre-party meeting new people and hanging out with other fans. I hope to see you all again at a future show or pre/post party.
    11/95 San Jose; 9/96 Randalls Island; 8/00 Jones Beach; 7-8&9 2003 NYC; 10/04 Reading; 9/05 & 10/05 Borgata; '06 Irving Plaza; '06 Hartford; '06 Camden 1&2; E. Rutherford 1&2 '06; Vegas 7/06; Bridge School 1&2 '06; 2008 WPB, Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2, Boston 2, EV NYC 1&2 and NJPAC; 6/09 EV Philly 1&2; 2009 LA 3&4, 09 San Diego, 09 Philly 1-4, 2010 MSG 1 and 2, 2010 Boston, 2010 Hartford, 2010 Newark; Alpine Valley Sept 2011
  • Options
    Me too Linda...I was so there! I'm the guy with the Neil Young shirt and Adidas hat. NeilJam...it was nice meeting you and your wife. If it weren't for the Avocado shirts you guys had on that night, may never have met you both. Thanks to Bonowall and company for the Saturday pre-party. All of you are good people!

Peace and hair grease,
    Greg
    Seattle, WA.
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
  • Options
    NeilJam and I had a great time at the pre-party. Winning 2 boots was a nice surprise. Too bad I didn't buy my raffle tickets 2 seconds earlier or we would have gotten the autograph pic too... It was really great meeting all the cool message board people. It made the trip even more worthwhile because we had new friends to share our amazing experience with. The Totem Pole incident won't be forgotten anytime soon either. I swear I was stoned for the rest of the evening from that jay....

Anyway, DarkStar, happyandtrue, Nocode73, LukinTimer, F'n_Circus, and anyone else I might have not mentioned... Thanks for reminding me that Pearl Jam has the coolest fans in the world!! It was really wonderful to meet you all and I hope to see you again the next PJ tour.

P.S. NeilJam and I live pretty close to Pittsburgh so if in the future you want to go to a show there and need a place to crash just send us a PM.
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-