• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Can't wait!

:D
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Can't wait!

:D
    cant wait for the jovial festivities myself.

*goes back to making sandwhichs for the road*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    me too! are you going to the pre-party on Sat?

yes ma'am...woohoo! see you there!

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    anyone out there? i'm at the Blue Chalk already...it's 5:56 on Friday...they have wireless internet here...hope i'm not the only one that shows up...although i am an hour early.

ds
  • Options
    bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
    Alrighty folks - LET"S DO IT!!!!

I am gearing up to head up to THE BLUE CHALK in about 45 minutes or so. I will be there by 7PM. Wearing a short sleeve button down with a brown PJ shirt underneath.

LOOKING FOR YOU ALL!!!!

Tonight is my night to chill and meet everyone. Tomorrow - it's all about kicking things up a nothc and raising some serious cash while having a blast!

See you soon....

WOOOOO FUCKIN HOOOOOOO!!!!!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    bonowall wrote:
    Alrighty folks - LET"S DO IT!!!!

I am gearing up to head up to THE BLUE CHALK in about 45 minutes or so. I will be there by 7PM. Wearing a short sleeve button down with a brown PJ shirt underneath.

LOOKING FOR YOU ALL!!!!

Tonight is my night to chill and meet everyone. Tomorrow - it's all about kicking things up a nothc and raising some serious cash while having a blast!

See you soon....

WOOOOO FUCKIN HOOOOOOO!!!!!

i'm here already...wearing an orange stone pick wishlist foundation shirt...and a green detroit tigers hat. i'm the dork with the computer. see you soon.

ds
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    anyone out there? i'm at the Blue Chalk already...it's 5:56 on Friday...they have wireless internet here...hope i'm not the only one that shows up...although i am an hour early.

ds

Damn Darkstar -

I will leave a bit earlier than - don't wantcha just chilling alone.

I just have to take care of something quick and I'll be there. NO worries about folks NOT showing....we'll ALL be there. And if it's lame, we'll walk the city!

Peace - see you soon.

I PMed you my cell - call me in like 30 minutes or so and we'll find each other.

Cheers!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    I'm heading out soon for dinner then the Blue chalk. See you guys soon.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    i'm heading over. i'll be the guy with the black t-shirt and blue jeans.

-dustin
  • Options
    Chris (aka bonowall) - Let me be the first to say thanks for setting up the pre,pre-show party at Blue Chalk. It seem that about 25 people showed up by the time the DJ started. It was nice to finally meet some of the faces behind that names here on the board.

See ya at Noon.
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    is there a Sun. preparty????
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Tried to make it over to the Blue Chalk, but in the end we were just too tired! Drove from Crescent City, stopping at the Raymond Burr Winery (he IS Canadian, after all), then we got stuck in mega traffic at Santa Rosa, gazed at the Golden Gate Bridge for awhile, got stuck in traffic again trying to get from San Fran to Mountain View...doing 3 mph on the freeway for about an hour! Finally got to our hotel around 8:30pm...I really wanted to meet up with you guys!! Yesterday we drove from BC to Crescent City -- whew! Actually, Mr. Vedderfan does all the driving...

Will anyone be at the other bar around 1:30pm tomorrow -- I quite wanted to get some raffle tix and support the cause, and maybe win a prize! We will be going to Santa Cruz tomorrow AM to check out some surfing event.

Anyway, hope you had a great time tonight.

cheers,

vedderfan10
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I am home - and a bit tired from my day, not the PJ fest. It was a decent enough time though. Great to meet a bunch of folks and hang for a bit before the place went sour (sorry for that gang).

If we ever see that DJ on the street, we need to hit him. Why would you attempt to mix ANY Pearl Jam song with My Sharona!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I guess I should be grateful that the mgmt FINALLY let me play at LEAST two PJ songs.

Tomorrow will be a blast - we have confirmation that the party was advertised over the air on THE BONE!!! I will be there gearing up by 12PM and partying and MAKING MONEY through the whole day. I figure we need to wrap up around 3:15 or so.

Cheers to all those you I met and hung out with (if I forgot your names, please don't flame me...I was bouncing around trying to meet everyone) and for those I haven't met yet - I look forward to tomorrow.

AS far as SUnday is concerned - though I haven't FORMALLY set anything up, I know I will be back at the Sports Page at 10AM for Football, wings, and beer. I say, depending on the vibe we all get tomorrow - we make that the official hang out!

We'll talk tomorrow. I'm off to bed!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bonowall wrote:
    I am home - and a bit tired from my day, not the PJ fest. It was a decent enough time though. Great to meet a bunch of folks and hang for a bit before the place went sour (sorry for that gang).

If we ever see that DJ on the street, we need to hit him. Why would you attempt to mix ANY Pearl Jam song with My Sharona!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I guess I should be grateful that the mgmt FINALLY let me play at LEAST two PJ songs.

Tomorrow will be a blast - we have confirmation that the party was advertised over the air on THE BONE!!! I will be there gearing up by 12PM and partying and MAKING MONEY through the whole day. I figure we need to wrap up around 3:15 or so.

Cheers to all those you I met and hung out with (if I forgot your names, please don't flame me...I was bouncing around trying to meet everyone) and for those I haven't met yet - I look forward to tomorrow.

AS far as SUnday is concerned - though I haven't FORMALLY set anything up, I know I will be back at the Sports Page at 10AM for Football, wings, and beer. I say, depending on the vibe we all get tomorrow - we make that the official hang out!

Catch u tommorrow Chris.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    bonowall wrote:

Yay for the onair!!

BOOOOOOOO for the mixing of PJ!!! Who mixes PJ????

Wish I was going tomorrow, but I'll be there in spirit! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I'm soooo glad I left before DJ mixed the PJ songs. I'm affraid to ask how and with what song.

Working on some boots (w/ artwork) for the raffle. I'll do as much of the euro tour as I can. So far: Dublin, Reading, Antwerp, Marseille, and Milan.
  • Options
    i had a good time, it was nice meeting everyone.

thanks again for the ride home bonowall, nicole and i appreciated it :)
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    bonowall wrote:
    it was good to meet a few. we had to bail early, the drive from seattle took more out of us than we thought. even the jaeger bombs didn't help wake us up. but we're alive and kickin today.

see you all in a bit.
  • Options
    how did the show go? how many songs did pj play? did they play right before neil young?
  • Options
    kitkatkitkat Posts: 31
    yea...how did the show go? how did the audience respond to PJ? Were there many 10c fans there? spread the news, thanks!
    Lollapalooza 1992
    San Jose 1993
    Fresno 2000
    Las Vegas 2006
    Santa Cruz - E.V. 2008
  • Options
    Great PJ set. I'll describe more, but I'm tired, very tired.

I'll see everyone back at the Sports Page later this morning for some breakfast and football.

No Jaeger bombs until after 12 noon, F'n Circus. :)
  • Options
    OK- So I am exhausted! The party went very well I thought!!! Fellow fans KICK ASS!!! We raised over $1400 and were able to put a child through that camp whcih was the goal.

I will have more Wishlist Foundation Shirts with me today if anyone wants to buy them!!

As far as last night's show. I was not very happy. I am starting a new thread about my thoughts on Dave Matthews Fans (flame if you'd like but I'm expressing those thoughts cuz they NEED to be said).

Aside of that, it was a fucking Brian Wilson concert! HOnestly, who doesn't appreciate the Beach Boys but for over an hour!?!?!? Cut Foos set to 40 minutes and PKJ only played like 6 songs or something.

In no particular order:
    Small Town, Throw Your Hatred DOwn (w Neil), Daughter, Man Of The Hour, Your Photograph (?) - Tom Waite song, Crazy Mary

That's all I remember...might be it.

Oh yeah, they came on BEFORE DMB!? I left afterwards. I was prety tired and really disgusted. I will save my energy for tonight (PJs anniversary) and hope/expect big things.

See you At The Sports Page...once I wake up!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    bonowall wrote:
    OK- So I am exhausted! The party went very well I thought!!! Fellow fans KICK ASS!!! We raised over $1400 and were able to put a child through that camp whcih was the goal.

I will have more Wishlist Foundation Shirts with me today if anyone wants to buy them!!

Great job Bonowall at putting together the party yesterday. If only I could have won a raffle prize that I didn't donate :( ..., but that's ok. $1400, that's great especially the sales job/guilt trip that you did on everyone there to get more raffle tickets. :D

I'll see you at the Sports Page soon for a big Irish breakfast and maybe a BIG Irish coffee. :)
  • Options
    bonowall wrote:

great job everyone, thanks again for setting this up bonowall.
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    bonowall wrote:
    Oh yeah, they came on BEFORE DMB!? I left afterwards. I was prety tired and really disgusted. I will save my energy for tonight (PJs anniversary) and hope/expect big things.

thats all right, i left DURING Dave Matthews........but what a PJ set. I was satisfied. Hoping for even better things today..........
  • Options
    See ya at the bridge, seats today yeah! Lawn was way to packed, couldn't see much sat. Have a great time!
  • Options
    Yeah... I LOVED the PJ set but was disappointed by how short it was. UH....DMB was a bit boring, nearly fell asleep during the first 2 songs. Zzzzz......

Came back to life near the end of their set when Neil joined them... but the set change was soooo long between DMB and Neil. I stayed to the friggin' end though and it was worth it. PJ and others came out and shook things up with Rockin' in the Free World. It was great. McCready was rocking that guitar!

Hoping for more PJ today.

Big KUDOS to Bonowall who put together a great shin-dig!! Hoping to make it back to the Sports Page before the show, depends on when 1 VedHeads plane gets in!!!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    bonowall wrote:
    We raised over $1400 and were able to put a child through that camp whcih was the goal.

That's awesome Chris! Great job!

Thumbs up to everyone who donated, organized and participated.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

Amazing weather too. We gotta borrow that Auctioneer for all of our events. ha ha.

That kid's family must feel at soo much peace.

Thanks soo much!!!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    me and my wife's cousin had fun pre-show hangin with other pj fans drinking some anchor steam wating for the show. show was sweet, IMO Trent Reznor and Foo Fighters stole the show. I loved wilson's set, but because of the length it seemed to cut into PJ's set, which seemed very short. That song they did with neil though was sweet so it made up for it being shortened. good experience, it was fun meeting some fans. So hi to the guys from Millwaukee and Jeremy & Jaquolin from STL. wish I could've been there tonight, but I was at the raider game today and they won so it concluded a great weekend for me. later.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.