Disney Plus - Disney+ Streaming Finds

123457»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    it's interesting you talk about terrible acting. I find that I have a radar for that. I've turned off decent plots of movies for the bad acting alone. I didn't find 24 to have bad acting at all. Maybe my memory is foggy since it was so long ago. I don't know. But I don't recall that being an issue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2022
    it's interesting you talk about terrible acting. I find that I have a radar for that. I've turned off decent plots of movies for the bad acting alone. I didn't find 24 to have bad acting at all. Maybe my memory is foggy since it was so long ago. I don't know. But I don't recall that being an issue. 

I bet that if you rewatched it now you'd have to agree. I think our standards have improved over the past 20 years! It's not the kind of bad acting where they are trying to be good but suck, and you're cringing. It's like they are barely acting at all. They are just saying the lines. It's weird. However, there has been a slight improvement from S1 to S4. Maybe it will keep slowly getting better.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Chloe is so bad she ends up being good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PJ_Soul said:

I bet that if you rewatched it now you'd have to agree. I think our standards have improved over the past 20 years! It's not the kind of bad acting where they are trying to be good but suck, and you're cringing. It's like they are barely acting at all. They are just saying the lines. It's weird. However, there has been a slight improvement from S1 to S4. Maybe it will keep slowly getting better.
    I know what you mean. I think they try to film so much at a time they rush and just don't care to go back and clean anything up.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PJ_Soul said:

I know what you mean. I think they try to film so much at a time they rush and just don't care to go back and clean anything up.

Season 5 is a big leap forward in this context.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Oh man... Poor Jack can't catch a break, lol. Just started season 6.... 24 is a universe where the US government regularly negotiates with terrorists even when they keep saying that the US government does not negotiate with terrorists... and their terrorist problem just gets worse every year. Gee, I wonder why? Lol. Besides the constant CTU moles, this whole doing whatever the terrorists ask is a strange writing decision.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh man... Poor Jack can't catch a break, lol. Just started season 6.... 24 is a universe where the US government regularly negotiates with terrorists even when they keep saying that the US government does not negotiate with terrorists... and their terrorist problem just gets worse every year. Gee, I wonder why? Lol. Besides the constant CTU moles, this whole doing whatever the terrorists ask is a strange writing decision.
    if there was one thing that bugged me about the show....it was the constant double agents at CTU. like, seriously, that just doesn't happen. you don't get to that level to just pull a screw job. and you don't work at that job for that many years, to then become a turncoat. you quit and become a private security consultant, like everybody else. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The entire thing was balderdash.
    (That I enjoyed!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Had no idea there was even an Obi Wan showing in the works until a few days ago. Watched the first 3 episodes that are out so far. Entertaining and interesting so far, but no Mandalorian.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
    edited January 2023
    I've only just started watching American Horror Story (only took me 10 years or so). Really liked season 1, LOVED season 2. I'm now on season 3. I already know season 2 will be my favourite one. But I am happy that Kathy Bates is in season 3!

Google the Mandalorian
    I miss igotid88
    I ran out of things I wanted to watch (I don't like the Star Wars or the Marvel universes), so I cancelled Disney+. If they had a better selection of good movies I would have kept it.
    The yearly subscription is up almost double
    I miss igotid88
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If you can't find it. Have your account set to TV MA
    I miss igotid88
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    We've been watching Goosebumps. Had no idea there was a new 2023 version of it until it popped up.
    I was a little disappointed at first because we assumed it would be for the same age group as the original (elementary age) and it was a little above their level. Our kids only watched the first episode with us.
    But I liked it and kept watching. It was decent enough. Still wish they kept it in the same spirit as the original and made it for little kids, it could have been a good family "scary" movie. But good for young teenagers and adults. 
    Looks they're going the Netflix way with sharing
    I miss igotid88
    finally finished Loki. what a great series. too bad it only was 2 seasons. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD