PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    A regular Edgar Martinez and David Ortiz you have!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Is Mike Love a trumper and have one foot in the grave? Yes. Am I Team Brian Wilson? Also yes. Am I irrationally excited about this? Absolutely

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    A regular Edgar Martinez and David Ortiz you have!!
    Glad I got him on my fantasy team
    Is Mike Love a trumper and have one foot in the grave? Yes. Am I Team Brian Wilson? Also yes. Am I irrationally excited about this? Absolutely

yes and yes

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

I credit a listening of Hang On To Your Ego with a monumental change in my life, last year.
    So underrated. 
    Have a great time!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I wasn't thrilled when we hired your ex-skipper, but he's turned out to be pretty good. maybe he just needed to work for a good organization :wink:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    FYI - Pearl Jam will be playing the Freedom Mortgage Pavilion in Camden.

I thought they would rename it Truist Bank center/pavillion or something like that since Truist bought out BB&T

Tough upcoming series against The Dodgers starting tonight, Hoping for at least a split.

I'll take three out of four although they should have gotten the sweep
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    I wasn't thrilled when we hired your ex-skipper, but he's turned out to be pretty good. maybe he just needed to work for a good organization :wink:

Yep he was scapegoated here.

Also, you're welcome for this weekend. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    These people are crazy.

https://levittownnow.com/2022/05/14/gop-candidates-block-press-from-bucks-county-campaign-rally/

GOP Candidates Block Press From Bucks County Campaign Rally

Tom Sofield May 14, 2022

Save
    Credit: Tom Sofield/LevittownNow.com

In an unusual move, two top Republican candidates blocked media from attending their campaign rally.

At a rally in Warminster Township on Saturday, State Sen. Doug Mastriano, who is running for governor, and Kathy Barnette, one of the leading GOP finalists in the U.S. Senate primary, welcomed supporters to a rally at the The Fuge event space. Outside, people who appeared to be affiliated with the candidates blocked reporters, even ones who had previously obtained permission to enter.

Reporters were at the event, as is typical, to gather information, images, and video on what Mastriano and Barnette, who have shots at winning Tuesday’s primary, were saying. Reporters from local outlets and national media organizations were in attendance to cover the campaign stop, one of the last for the high-profile candidates.

The event was of heightened interest to reporters because former President Donald Trump had endorsed Mastriano hours earlier.

“There is no one in Pennsylvania who has done more, or fought harder, for Election Integrity than State Senator Doug Mastriano,” Trump wrote in a statement.

Representatives from both campaigns didn’t comment on blocking reporters.

Robert Costa, the chief election and campaign reporter for CBS News and a Lower Bucks County native, led the delegation of journalists in attempting to get a man dressed in tri-corner hat and colonial attire to allow entry to the event.

LevittownNow.com reporter and Costa gained permission from the brewery and eatery inside The Fuge to enter, but security guards in black suits rushed to block reporters and forced the brewery to close to keep reporters from hearing the candidates speak.

Numerous people holding back reporters all said they didn’t work for either campaign. However, some had Mastriano gear on and went up to his campaign bus.

Sam Cravero, the owner of the venue, said the Mastriano campaign was renting his venue and they set the rules. He said the state senator’s campaign staff had the candidate’s security block reporters.

The Fuge owner Sam Cravero speaking.

A TV cameraman and a security guard both reported the other one had bumped them and asked the other stop. The security guard had to be moved away by a peer and the cameraman said: “I’m too old for this s–t.”

While tensions flared at times, the reporters and campaign workers remained relatively calm. One even spoke with the remaining reporters later in the day, both commiserating about working on a rainy Saturday.

Eventually, two police officers were called. They left after speaking to campaign workers and because the media was not causing a problem.

Mastriano’s lead in the GOP primary race has concerned many Republican officials due to far-right views he has expressed and his closeness to conspiracy theories. Several Republicans heavily involved in Bucks County politics have raised concerns over Mastriano’s views and ability to win the general election against Democrat Josh Shapiro.

Mastriano’s GOP primary opponents are working to try to defeat him, with two resigning to endorse Lou Barletta. Among some Republicans, Barletta, who has been a vocal Trump fan, is seen at having a chance to defeat Mastriano.

Barnette is in a statistical dead heat with Republican rivals Mehmet Oz and Dave McCormick. Barnette has spent much less money on the campaign than the two men and still rose through the polls. She has faced scrutiny for making anti-Muslim and anti-Gay comments.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    It's scary how much Mastriano's campaign is turning out to be practically a direct parallel to fuck face's in 2016.
    edited May 2022
    It's scary how much Mastriano's campaign is turning out to be practically a direct parallel to fuck face's in 2016.
    And both him and Barnette were at 1/6. I saw pics yesterday of her walking with some proud boys to the Capitol. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And both him and Barnette were at 1/6. I saw pics yesterday of her walking with some proud boys to the Capitol. 
    And people like us think 1/6 stuff should move people, but ,unfortunately, a lot of dumb dumbs in this country see it as nothing more than a partisan, political moment.

Crazy that Fetterman had a stroke.
    edited May 2022
    Election Day for you PA Pricks. Take literally no more than 5 minutes out of your day today and get out and vote (if you haven't already mailed in your vote), especially for the Dems in the room, for the Rs I don't care what the insane shit bags do. 

My slate:
    Gov: Abstaining
    Lt. Gov: Davis
    PA Senate: Kenyatta
    PA3 House (where I live): Dwight Evans, but open to Mike Cogbill as well
    PA184 (again where I live): Elizabeth Fiedler
    City voting Questions (1-4): No/Yes/Yes/Yes

If you live where Paul Prescod or Chris Rabb is your state rep vote for them. That's all I got, here's to Open Primaries in the future, or even better: just one election in a ranked choice or approval-style format.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    edited May 2022
    Election Day for you PA Pricks. Take literally no more than 5 minutes out of your day today and get out and vote (if you haven't already mailed in your vote), especially for the Dems in the room, for the Rs I don't care what the insane shit bags do. 

My slate:

If you live where Paul Prescod or Chris Rabb is your state rep vote for them. That's all I got, here's to Open Primaries in the future, or even better: just one election in a ranked choice or approval-style format.
    Do you not like Shapiro, JP?

Agree on the open primary thought as I'm an independent...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2022

My slate:

Do you not like Shapiro, JP?

Agree on the open primary thought as I'm an independent...
    I think he's a well calculated politician, who is also a cop. About two or three years ago he was willing to go along with a State House bill (which I believe was passed this time around, and is bullshit) to legislate the powers of the Philly DA/Krasner so that his authority would effectively be stripped and overruled by the Attorney General (Shapiro). It wasn't until he came to an event and there was an action against him by a sizeable amount of people to get him to change his word on that that he effectively backed off of it. 

I'll absolutely without question vote for him in November, but I think it's bullshit he doesn't have a challenger all because of how he navigates the politics of it all.

I'm actually back and forth on primaries and non-party voters. My view is primaries are strictly party positions, and the parties should not really care about those outside their parties and how they determine their candidates. But with that said - PA specifically has all of their elections (primary & generals) paid with taxpayer money, so if you're a taxpayer in this state then you should absolutely have a say in any election that your taxes go towards. If they weren't taxpayer-funded I would say any non-party voters should go pound sand.

In the end I think primaries are part of the problem. Just have one election a year based on approval or ranked choice-style voting (along with campaign finance reform), and that way you have a more progressive trajectory in democracy (imo) and mostly won't ever have extreme candidates win, while getting rid of all the bullshit taking up space and air in our lives. It certainly would make my life easier.

Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    edited May 2022
    I guess people who believe in democracy dodged a bullet with Barnette but one of the other two dopes will be tougher to beat in November.

Mastriano will be easier for Shapiro to beat but hoooooooobooooooy are we walking on a fine line here between a democracy and fascism. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2022
    Apparently PA Gov race went from toss-up to Lean D for Cook due to this outcome. But, again, fuck me if I know what the hell people will do.

Which leads me to - I can totally see the PA electorate doing something stupid to "balance out" their vote by voting for Shapiro and then McCormick/Oz for Senate. Ya know, because this state is insane. But, I am 100% confident that Fetterman will pick up the Obama>Trump voters. 

Saw another good point - hope for a recount for McCormick/Oz, since it only helps Fetterman.
    Republicans are still counting votes? Wait a minute.....now wait just a god damned minute....I thought....oh, never mind. Fucking hypocrites. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Republicans are still counting votes? Wait a minute.....now wait just a god damned minute....I thought....oh, never mind. Fucking hypocrites. 
    Best thing that could happen for Fetterman outside of Barnette getting the nomination.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    edited May 2022
    Stop the count! How can you count votes after Election Day!?! Anyway...

I voted for Fetterman, as the best option to beat Lamb. Also our rather inactive state rep Greg Vitali held off a primary challenge.
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Went from abstaining for Shapiro to donating $100 to him last night. PA better get The Georgia Treatment this year.

PA Primary news that was awesome:
    • lol Lamb tried to push the "you need to be moderate" approach while being flush with millions of corporate money...and proceeded to not win one county in the entire state. Way to go, bud. The Manchin crew took a beating last night.
    • Summer Lee beat Steve Irwin (aye crikey) in the congressional race in a huge comeback last night. She's awesome.
    • And most of the PHL Dems Machines picks of outvoting progressive incumbents got whooped. I look forward to organizing an offensive of calling these shitbags like Bob Brady out for taking Jeff Yass money, among other things. Good times.
    Ready to go to war for The General.
    Death Cab for Cutie: The Pennsylvania EP - okay I'm ready for that. :smile:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited May 2022
    Trump now encouraging the tv doctor to declare victory and try and steal the election like he attempted...

I wonder if Trump will try and sabotage Mccormick if he ends up winning....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    PJ cancelled last two shows as now Jeff tested positive.  why are we testing non-symptomatic people?  this shit better not happen in September
    pjhawks said:
    PJ cancelled last two shows as now Jeff tested positive.  why are we testing non-symptomatic people?  this shit better not happen in September
    Just a genius comment right there. Out of sight, out of mind.
    what's that? I know they have an LP coming out later but haven't heard of this. They are playing at The Met later this year.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    Just a genius comment right there. Out of sight, out of mind.
    oh that hurts coming from a guy who recently wished someone died and in the past cheered a guy getting cancer. But let's do this again.  it's fucking stupid to test people who are asymptomatic. for who, for what? the only people dying from this are the unvaccinated, highly immunocompromised and/or obese.  almost as stupid as requiring people to wear a mask into a restaurant but allow them to take it off to eat and drink.  which of course you were fine with that stupidity.  do you leave the house at all with how scared you are of this still? 
    what's that? I know they have an LP coming out later but haven't heard of this. They are playing at The Met later this year.

JP said the country would help PA win our elections this year (like Georgia - although they need all that help again) and I had just listened to The Georgia EP by DC4C and I made up the idea of the PA EP. No news to report.

JP said the country would help PA win our elections this year (like Georgia - although they need all that help again) and I had just listened to The Georgia EP by DC4C and I made up the idea of the PA EP. No news to report.
    But they're playing The Met later this year? That's some news! 
    chinese-happy.jpg