*** Pearl Jam Los Angeles, CA Fanviews 5/6/22 ***

Comments

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,036
    This set list looked amazing! Of the Girl and Faithful! Getting excited for Las Vegas, and readjusting my expectations to the lower number of songs. I remember absolutely loving Atlanta ‘00, ‘03, and ‘12 and those were all 23-24 songs. So glad the band is playing/touring and can’t wait to see them!
  • THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    Just be grateful this tour is happening at all , because two years ago, or even a year ago........ fans would have been happy with just a ten song set!! "Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"!!
    Good point. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    Yah we always knew at some point 3 hour sets every night would become tough for them to do, but at the same time those 3 hour sets were amazing, so obviously not easy to let go.

When I saw them in Vancouver in '13 mudhoney opened, and then they played for almost 3 and a half hours.  Went to something like 12:30 when the curfew in Vancouver is 11.   Always wondered what the fine was on that one :)
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Now that’s a good looking setlist
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • listwishlistwish TX Posts: 32
    airblue1 said:
    I am a fortunate human to have been to the last two shows.  Can I start with saying the waiting drove me mad, we are all still alive. I think the theme is love and life. Enjoy one and another. For this tour I think we should mosh, shout, and enjoy every moment. Not compare, not complain,  but enjoy and respect. I love us, We have lost, let's heal. trade posters, over purchase, and always have each others back. I love you all and my hope your show is EPIC. Be good and let's do great things.
    I want to hang with this person at my next show ^

UNT , SMU, Austin , Dallas 3x, PJ20, Wrigley, Missoula, Mexico City, OK C, Tulsa 
  • listwishlistwish TX Posts: 32
    listwish said:
    airblue1 said:
    I am a fortunate human to have been to the last two shows.  Can I start with saying the waiting drove me mad, we are all still alive. I think the theme is love and life. Enjoy one and another. For this tour I think we should mosh, shout, and enjoy every moment. Not compare, not complain,  but enjoy and respect. I love us, We have lost, let's heal. trade posters, over purchase, and always have each others back. I love you all and my hope your show is EPIC. Be good and let's do great things.

listwish said:
    airblue1 said:
    Agreed 

UNT , SMU, Austin , Dallas 3x, PJ20, Wrigley, Missoula, Mexico City, OK C, Tulsa 
  • KB82926KB82926 Posts: 58
    Was it SOLAT that they had to drag out so Ed could change his wet shirt? It was fun to see them look at each other and improvise. Should be great in the bootleg. 
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Saw the setlist online and was taken aback at its length. I don't post here ever anymore but just came to see what people think.
    It's sad to see it, but hey man, we all get older and it's bound to happen at some point. Bummer.
    That being said, be happy all members are alive and touring. Enjoy the shows everyone. With the prices of everything in the world, the time between shows from city to city and these shorter sets, I doubt I will ever fly to see them again. Times change. 

I've STILL never seen Of The Girl!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    Set list looks good but it's short even with an opening band. This is Pearl Jam not an upcoming or middle of the road band. They're known for mixing up their sets and length of their shows, that's why most people like them because they're not like every other band that plays 20 songs then calls it a night. Maybe it's simply because they're getting older which is understandable. I'm happy they're playing, out on tour but seems like every major band is on tour as well or going to be soon so this narrative of just be grateful they're touring seems odd to me. They're an all-time band that tours less and less as the years go on, if they toured more, shorter sets makes sense but they're not, figured sets would be at least 25-28 songs, to each their own I guess. Might be because they were in SD & LA with a lot of family and friends with plans to do other stuff so simply not enough time to do what they normally do but these shorter sets are the same length as festival sets. If having an opener is impacting the length of their shows, I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, would you rather have an opener with a shorter PJ set or no opener with a longer PJ set? Personally, I'm going to a PJ show to see PJ so a longer show, without covers is preferred. 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    2.5 hours is still much longer than most bands play. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited May 2022
    Eddie sounds amazing. Best he’s sounded since 2016, and maybe since 2014. During Black he was testing his vocals for the dodododododooo before he did it in the microphone. 

I think whatever happened to his vocals in Europe 2018 is a bigger deal than we made it out to be. I remember Wrigley 2018, his voice was SHOT for the last few songs. Could be why they are pacing themselves early this tour
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    edited May 2022
    I agree 2.5 hours is longer than most bands play but if Ed spent less time chatting these set lists would be longer by at least 2 songs maybe 3. I know that's not a popular opinion but it's true. I'm not expecting 30 songs every night but 22 seems a little short. 
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Get_Right said:
    I think that is very close to a perfect mix.  Caters to the new fan, the new music, and the long time fan.  Clearly, they have spoiled us rotten. 
    this is the headline from night one for me. 

I went in apathetic about hearing the new songs live, but they were really strong. Only 'Buckle Up' felt a little out of place. Also, they were perfectly spaced out. What's clear is how much the bad loves playing these songs. 

This show was vastly better than when I saw them at Ohana Fest in October.
  • i am a targeti am a target Posts: 799
    edited May 2022
    You all have the privilege of seeing one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever and you ...complain? You actually have the ability to provide real-life comparisons between shows that you've attended, which means you've been to multiple shows, possibly and probably over multiple tours and you're going to bitch about the fact that they only played 22 songs when they usually play 30? Seriously? 

Since they're only playing 22 songs and you're only going to be let down - give your ticket to someone who, oh, I don't know, hasn't ever seen the band play live before? Someone who couldn't afford a ticket? Someone who had a really shitty couple of years? Or how about anyone, literally anyone, that would appreciate the moment of joy that comes from seeing a great band play live, especially given the absolute shit past, present, and future we're all collectively facing.

Some of you really need to check yourselves because you come across a bunch of entitled fans and really just need to take a second and realize that you got to go see Pearl Jam and appreciate that for all that it is... 

This community can be unreal sometimes.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    DL136722 said:
    I agree 2.5 hours is longer than most bands play but if Ed spent less time chatting these set lists would be longer by at least 2 songs maybe 3. I know that's not a popular opinion but it's true. I'm not expecting 30 songs every night but 22 seems a little short. 
    Isn’t it obvious that he chats a lot because he needs the breaks? Maintaining his voice seems to be an increasing challenge and shorter set lists might be the only way going forward where he can do that. I’d rather the shorter set be limited to 4 or 5 Gigaton songs instead of 6-8 to allow for a better flow and more variety but it appears they really like the Gigaton songs so I’ll take a band enjoying themselves on stage first. although it’s hard when they have triple digits worth of songs better than Buckle Up haha. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I personally like when a band/singer engages the audience instead of just rushing through the songs. Feels like they are actually interested in being there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You all have the privilege of seeing one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever and you ...complain? You actually have the ability to provide real-life comparisons between shows that you've attended, which means you've been to multiple shows, possibly and probably over multiple tours and you're going to bitch about the fact that they only played 22 songs when they usually play 30? Seriously? 

Since they're only playing 22 songs and you're only going to be let down - give your ticket to someone who, oh, I don't know, hasn't ever seen the band play live before? Someone who couldn't afford a ticket? Someone who had a really shitty couple of years? Or how about anyone, literally anyone, that would appreciate the moment of joy that comes from seeing a great band play live, especially given the absolute shit past, present, and future we're all collectively facing.

Some of you really need to check yourselves because you come across a bunch of entitled assholes and really just need to take a second, shut the fuck up, and realize that you got to go see Pearl Jam and appreciate that for all that it is... 

Everyone has had over 30 yrs to see this band at least 1 time if they really wanted to. We all have something going on in our lives one way or another, covid or not but if you want to go to a concert, simply find a way, your narrative of shut the f up is ridiculous. I've sold personal possessions and gotten second jobs to go to shows, if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way! 

Oh Dude!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640

Some of you really need to check yourselves because you come across a bunch of entitled assholes and really just need to take a second, shut the fuck up, and realize that you got to go see Pearl Jam and appreciate that for all that it is... 

Lol. 
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786

Actually this is probably the worst take. 
    I’ve said it before, recently about another topic, this forum is for all kinds of opinions and an outlet not just for praise but for opinions that may not be popular. It doesn’t t mean they shouldn’t be said, or people called names. 

This forum isn’t the constitution, it’s not a stone tablet to be handed down for generations. Its a fan site. I’d like to think, in the spirit of the name of the band at the top of the page, everyone is allowed to express what they choose and not be yelled at for it. 

Its important, in the context of this forum, to discuss set length (or whatever). Not everyone has to like it. But let everyone express what they’d like. 
    DL136722 said:
    Isn’t it obvious that he chats a lot because he needs the breaks? Maintaining his voice seems to be an increasing challenge and shorter set lists might be the only way going forward where he can do that. I’d rather the shorter set be limited to 4 or 5 Gigaton songs instead of 6-8 to allow for a better flow and more variety but it appears they really like the Gigaton songs so I’ll take a band enjoying themselves on stage first. although it’s hard when they have triple digits worth of songs better than Buckle Up haha. 
    I guess but I'm not sure how talking as much as he does during a show is resting his voice. Longer sets don't seemed rushed to me. Personally, I think it's as simple as they're getting older. 

Oh Dude!

I’ve said it before, recently about another topic, this forum is for all kinds of opinions and an outlet not just for praise but for opinions that may not be popular. It doesn’t t mean they shouldn’t be said, or people called names. 

This forum isn’t the constitution, it’s not a stone tablet to be handed down for generations. Its a fan site. I’d like to think, in the spirit of the name of the band at the top of the page, everyone is allowed to express what they choose and not be yelled at for it. 

Its important, in the context of this forum, to discuss set length (or whatever). Not everyone has to like it. But let everyone express what they’d like. 
    Ty, this person gets it! Simply agree to disagree 

Oh Dude!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640

Absolutely the worst take. I agree. Couldn’t help but just laugh. 
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    edited May 2022

Some of you really need to check yourselves because you come across a bunch of entitled fans and really just need to take a second and realize that you got to go see Pearl Jam and appreciate that for all that it is... 

Sorry to say, you are WAY off the mark. And you can read my review of last night’s show and there’s not a single complaint in there. But fans who have supported a band for 3 decades are allowed to have an opinion on a show. This fan base is one of the most incredible fan bases the world has ever seen and the money spent on this band is beyond insane. They are running a merchandising juggernaut. Without these fans, who do you think they’re selling all that crap to? The person going to 1 show in 30 years?

Pearl Jam is not curing cancer, they’re playing rock and roll. It is a fact that shows are shorter. It is a fact that many fans hold a lot of tickets to a lot of shows on this tour and they are surprised by that. It is also a fact that with the PJ Premium tickets that some people are paying over $1000 to attend these shows. Whether they paid the $108 or $1008, people can express their opinion about what they saw and if you’re offended by it, you should go read something else. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 595
    AC300802 said:
    Great show and set. Energy was excellent in the building. Very nice mix of old and new. How can you go wrong with Of The Girl, Nothingman, Present Tense, Wishlist, Faithful, and SOLAT??!!??
    You can’t go wrong with those 6.  I was not there but there are nights when I’ve thought preshow hey let’s see the guys play super tight and even original tempo Wishlist,GTF,Light Years,In Hiding etc. maybe give up a bit of quantity for quality. 

Most importantly for those attending tonight and the balance of the tour...Enjoy!
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 335
    Set list looks awesome. They could play this exact set and length one of the Oakland nights and I'd be stoked. A shorter Thursday show is fine for my 9-5 ass working on Friday. They can play longer the next night. I'm sure they'll mix up length/number of songs each night. I bet tonight is 25 songs. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Someone got in their ear about the covers it seems! But the occasional ONE cover is always fun, so I hope they don’t get rid of them completely every night. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    airblue1 said:
    Same
    I’m with you, sister. I love meeting people at shows who are like this. Just happy to be there and grateful that they are. I think this setlist looks solid!!

And “Of the Girl”…f’in beautiful. I have yet to experience that one. Can’t wait until MSG…hope to see you there! 🤞
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • jmarimonjmarimon Posts: 6
    What a great night.  Sounded fantastic from the middle of the floor.  Present Tense felt rather cathartic. Faithful always great. Haven't seen Of the Girl open since Newark 2010, pretty solid opener.  Hoping for Sometimes tonight.  28th show and I've never taken for granted the experience of a live PJ set (no matter how short), just thankful to see them.  Aside from Ohana Fest, all shows have been primarily in NYC and miss the energy from MSG.  That being said, I was pretty pleased with the energy at the Forum.  Looking forward to another great night.  
    96: Randalls Island 9/28
    98: E. Rutherford 9/8 , MSG 9/10
    00: Jones Beach 8/24, 8/25
    03: Uniondale 4/30, MSG 7/8, 7/9, Holmdell 7/14
    06: Camden 5/27, E.Rutherford 6/1, 6/3
    08: MSG 6/24, 6/25, Beacon Theatre 7/1
    09: Spectrum 10/30, 10/31
    10: Newark 5/18, MSG 5/20, MSG 5/21
    13: Brooklyn 10/19
    15: Global Citizen Fest 9/26
    16: MSG 5/01, Fenway 08/05, Wrigley 08/20
    21: Ohana 10/01, 10/02
    22: LA 05/06
  • THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    DL136722 said:
    I know that's not a popular opinion but it's true. 
    I was to understand everyone wants Ed to talk less and sing more. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    I was lucky enough to be in GA last night and it was awesome. They sounded great, the forum felt like it had good energy. And most importantly that set was fantastic. Good mix of songs.

being up close you can really tell Eddie is not a young man anymore, but he maxes out every song and it shows. We should be lucky and thrilled that they’re playing as tight as ever and sound great. Enjoy while we can!
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23