Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    They are already up there. Maybe half a dozen or so so far. The quality is meh. Sounds a lot like an audience recording to me.
    Really from this tour?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    They are already up there. Maybe half a dozen or so so far. The quality is meh. Sounds a lot like an audience recording to me.
    Really from this tour?
    Yes. The show I was at was actually handing out QR code’s for the show. Chicago show was a week ago tomorrow, recording has been up for a few days so it’s moving quickly.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    Really from this tour?
    Yes. The show I was at was actually handing out QR code’s for the show. Chicago show was a week ago tomorrow, recording has been up for a few days so it’s moving quickly.  
    I thought sound board recordings are supposed to be way better than audience recordings! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    Really from this tour?
    I thought sound board recordings are supposed to be way better than audience recordings! 
    It would be pathetic if it wasn't. 
    KICK7071 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Digging this.  I expected it to be a sleeper vault. 

Gave that a spin this weekend, for a 1973 live outdoor recording is sounds incredible and what a performance.
    Yes!  I'm surprised no one else has dug this.  In particular record 2 is excellent.  Nice jazzy band she has with her.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    @josevolution I'll be in GA!  Come see me!!!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,709
    @josevolution I'll be in GA!  Come see me!!!
    Maybe we should all meet up beforehand. That would be fun. 
  • I have an extra GA for Barclays’s if anyone needs. 

I love his music but haven’t seen him LIVE yet so I’m really pumped for this show.

He shreds!
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,036
    He’s great live!  Saw him on the rail for his Kneeling at the Anthem show a few years ago. His backing band was killer. Excited for this touring band too. I think it’s the same guys he had with him on SNL the last time he was on.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mrussel1 said:
    KICK7071 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Gave that a spin this weekend, for a 1973 live outdoor recording is sounds incredible and what a performance.
    Yes!  I'm surprised no one else has dug this.  In particular record 2 is excellent.  Nice jazzy band she has with her.  
    Mine has not arrived yet, but I plan to listen with an open mind! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    He’s great live!  Saw him on the rail for his Kneeling at the Anthem show a few years ago. His backing band was killer. Excited for this touring band too. I think it’s the same guys he had with him on SNL the last time he was on.
    Anthem in DC?  What do you mean by Kneeling?  I was at both Anthem shows a during the Boarding House tour..  Will be there tomorrow night too and then down in Portsmouth on Sat.
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 319
    It's the name of the documentary:

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
    DE4173 said:

Well shit, I never heard about this.  Thanks! Nice that it's on Prime.  Are you going tomorrow?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DE4173 said:

I've never heard of this. awesome! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No, I wish I were at the Anthem show this time! My sister is local there so I drove up to see her and go to the show with my son. We will be at night 1 in Atlanta next week though, so excited for that!
    The doc is pretty cool. Not a whole show doc, I think 7 songs? He also played an impromptu set at a local high school during their lunch. That is in the doc too. The stairway on the cover is the stairway in the famous scene at the end of the Exorcist. That’s why Jack is at the bottom as if he fell down the stairs.
  • Free GA ticket for Barclays’s 4/21 show. I Posted in the RAK thread also, digital transfer. PM me if you are sure you can attend.
    No, I wish I were at the Anthem show this time! My sister is local there so I drove up to see her and go to the show with my son. We will be at night 1 in Atlanta next week though, so excited for that!
    Anthem was really good last night. 

He played two songs from Entering Heaven Alive (unreleased album).  I really liked the songs.  They were both pretty mellow and had a touch of country to them (not quite to the level of Blunderbuss).  But I think the record will be really good and on the polar opposite of Fear of the Dawn.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Anthem was really good last night. 

He played two songs from Entering Heaven Alive (unreleased album).  I really liked the songs.  They were both pretty mellow and had a touch of country to them (not quite to the level of Blunderbuss).  But I think the record will be really good and on the polar opposite of Fear of the Dawn.  
    Nice! The Anthem is a great venue. Very excited to hear Entering Heaven Alive. That’s great it has a different sound.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Jack White killed last night at Barclays.

What was weird is they closed off the upper 200's.  I did think it was a little ambitious that he filled that arena but hey, it is JW3.

Picked up  the foil version of the poster last night.  Last one off the wall.

So the band was tight.  Jack was in a playful mood.  Going back and forth w the crowd and his band members.

Queen of the Bees and Cut Like a Buffalo were highlights.  Other new songs like Fear were killer too.

Great mix.  Songs were rocking.  I'll buy the live version of this if available.

What was weird is they closed off the upper 200's.  I did think it was a little ambitious that he filled that arena but hey, it is JW3.

So the band was tight.  Jack was in a playful mood.  Going back and forth w the crowd and his band members.

Queen of the Bees and Cut Like a Buffalo were highlights.  Other new songs like Fear were killer too.

Great mix.  Songs were rocking.  I'll buy the live version of this if available.
    Queen of the Bees - what was the style?  I heard two songs from teh unreleased album earlier in the week and it was really chill, a little country, etc.  Wondering if the album is generally in that style, less experimental than Fear.  

I was really lucky the other night, getting two of my favorite WS songs: Slowly Turning into You and Martyr for My Love.  Love those songs.  Cut like a Buffalo is awesome live too.  Great, great song.  
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    mrussel1 said:
    One thing about the Vault releases that I've noticed.  I think Jack has them mixed at a lower level than we're used to getting.  So they really benefit from increasing the gain.  I know many phono stages don't do that,  but if yours does, I suggest playing some of his records with increased gain.  It really has improved the sound of his vaults like the Raconteur live and that Masonic show. I went up 3 db 
    Really good info here! Thanks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641

I had such a good time in GA yesterday even though my ears are still ringing. Pearl Jam should implement phone-free rule as well. No distractions, just music. My wife wasn't a fan of Jack, but now that's all history. What's the Trick was a highlight for me. Can't stop spinning his new record. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,709
    edited April 2022

Great hanging with you last night. That was an amazing show. Good call on the earplugs. I am so glad the merch guy pulled the poster off the wall for you. I also thought the band was tight, and the backdrop video screen was awesome as well.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    For the first time ever, I'm not going to purchase a Jack White album... It's not that I dislike it, but more like I just can't imagine wanting to listen to it in my home from start to finish, lol. I think the only way I can really enjoy it is hearing one song at a time, like in a random playlist. Maybe it's because it's kind of relentless in its sound and style - not enough variety within the album in that sense IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mrussel1 said:
    KICK7071 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm selling mine if anyone is interested.  Unopened.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Saw Jack last night in Atlanta! He was amazing. That drummer is killer. My son and I had GA, and were just about 3 people back from the rail, so a good spot! Was a lot of fun and Jack looked like he was having a great time. Wish I could hit the other two but not gonna happen.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Saw Jack last night in Atlanta! He was amazing. That drummer is killer. My son and I had GA, and were just about 3 people back from the rail, so a good spot! Was a lot of fun and Jack looked like he was having a great time. Wish I could hit the other two but not gonna happen.
    Only going tonight in ATL, but looking forward to it! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Nice! Have fun!
    edited April 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    For the first time ever, I'm not going to purchase a Jack White album... It's not that I dislike it, but more like I just can't imagine wanting to listen to it in my home from start to finish, lol. I think the only way I can really enjoy it is hearing one song at a time, like in a random playlist. Maybe it's because it's kind of relentless in its sound and style - not enough variety within the album in that sense IMO.
    I think this is a good assessment of the record.  I saw him twice on the tour and the new songs were great, and fun.  I was very happy with them, but I agree it's a little overwhelming on the record.  I have now heard three Entering Heaven Alive songs and they are on the opposite end of the spectrum.  Hopefully it's not just all slow jams, but the songs are good.  I'm definitely looking forward to the July release.