Options

Berlin(Checkpoint Eddie) - Berlin - 23.09.06

Comments

• Options
    Who's organising the meet up then :D
    Just gimme me some truth...
  • Options
    I'm not going to this show, but if I'm not mistaken, you all will have the pleasure of seeing The Black Keys open, and wanted to tell those who have never heard of them to get there to see them. There are only two of them and they make a hell of a lot of noise!!!!
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    White Riot wrote:
    Who's organising the meet up then :D

That would be great, i said in another post that since the venue is on the east side of Berlin, it would be easy to have a post party in the Warschauer Str. There are quite a few bars on that area.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    yeah i'm totally down for a pre/post show meetup
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    So then? who else is down for a meet up?

Any Berlin locals or people who know the city fairly well?

I do not, and it's actually going to be my 1st visit there next week, which is why i'll be there from wednesday 20th to check out the place so by sat i should have a basic idea of where things are!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    Hey guys!!
    This is my first post, im a Berlin local and wanna recommend some areas to you: You guys should go to Kreutzberg (Subway: Kottbusser Tor or Görlitzer Bahnhof) this is 2 stops away from Warschauerstrasse. Very cool district!!! or Prenzlauer Berg (Subway U 2 Eberswalderstrasse).

Another question: might there be a slight chance seeing Eddie performing solo before the opening act (like he did in the past tours) ???????

Would be great

Cheers
  • Options
    Kyuss28 wrote:
    Hey guys!!
    This is my first post, im a Berlin local and wanna recommend some areas to you: You guys should go to Kreutzberg (Subway: Kottbusser Tor or Görlitzer Bahnhof) this is 2 stops away from Warschauerstrasse. Very cool district!!! or Prenzlauer Berg (Subway U 2 Eberswalderstrasse).

Another question: might there be a slight chance seeing Eddie performing solo before the opening act (like he did in the past tours) ???????

Would be great

Cheers

Hi Kyuss!! Herzlich Willkommen!!! Thanks for the info, I lived in Berlin (shortly) and I miss it -lol-

Could you recommend a Bar in Kreutzberg?
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    hi
    i got 2 tix for berlin , anyone interrestet . you can get them at the show i´m also there with some friends
  • Options
    Pick one i'm there :D
    Just gimme me some truth...
  • Options
    datsdats Posts: 118
    hi
    i got 2 tix for berlin , anyone interrestet . you can get them at the show i´m also there with some friends
    PM sent!
    Arnhem 08.29.06, Antwerp 08.30.06, Copenhagen 06.26.07, Manchester 08.17.09, London 08.18.09, Berlin 06.30.10
  • Options
    Quote:
    Hi Kyuss!! Herzlich Willkommen!!! Thanks for the info, I lived in Berlin (shortly) and I miss it -lol-

Could you recommend a Bar in Kreutzberg?

Yes you guys have to enter the Oranienstrasse (next to Subway Görlitzer Bahnhof) there are many cool bars, pizza places restaurants (less tourists more locals) AND as well from the same subway station enter Wienerstrasse: after 100 m up south youll find bars like Wiener Blut, Weisse Taube, Wild at Heart (tiny famous punk bar) and many more. Theres a cool vibe and ull definite like this district.

Same with the area around Subway Eberswalderstrasse (district Prenzlauer Berg) theres the Kastanienallee (street) very crowded at night times,

for further information best pizza- döner- icecream- clubs and whatever places, just ask, hope i can help you!!
  • Options
    thanks for the info kyuss, sounds good...

obvious question, but are u goin to the show?
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    I just noticed that it says on http://www.pearljam.com/tour/index-detail.php that doors open on 17.30 and e-mail we got from 10c says 17.00, which one is right?

Kyuss, do you know the Wuhlheide area well? Is there any restaurants, food shops etc. nearby?
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    Hi guys!!

Yes ive been at Wuhlheide before (Pearl Jam 2000 :))) and some other shows, first of all its the best really the best openair venue in Berlin, its a little tiny openair stadium in the middle of the woods, very beautyful great sound and perfect atmosphere!!!!

There are no restaurants nearby but some guys are usually selling "Würstchen" Beer and stuff like that, but i recommend eating downtown cause its cheaper and better.

Dont know anything about the gates so far, but 17.00 sounds correct.

Yes ill be there. FOR SURE Im going with my exgirlfriend...:)
  • Options
    Kyuss28 wrote:
    Hi guys!!

Yes ive been at Wuhlheide before (Pearl Jam 2000 :))) and some other shows, first of all its the best really the best openair venue in Berlin, its a little tiny openair stadium in the middle of the woods, very beautyful great sound and perfect atmosphere!!!!

There are no restaurants nearby but some guys are usually selling "Würstchen" Beer and stuff like that, but i recommend eating downtown cause its cheaper and better.

Dont know anything about the gates so far, but 17.00 sounds correct.

Yes ill be there. FOR SURE Im going with my exgirlfriend...:)

My experience so far in the tour is that Ten Club ticket collecting requires some hanging around. Is there any chance a Berliner, could let us know what facilities(i.e. a beer tap) and amenities(i.e. glasses) are available surrounding the venue with which to kill time between Ten Club ticket collection and door opening.
  • Options
    My experience so far in the tour is that Ten Club ticket collecting requires some hanging around. Is there any chance a Berliner, could let us know what facilities(i.e. a beer tap) and amenities(i.e. glasses) are available surrounding the venue with which to kill time between Ten Club ticket collection and door opening.

The surrounding offers a big playground but thats not what you are looking for i guess :) Theres usually a beer stand where to get cold and fresh beer in plastic beakers. But you know wuhlheide is in the middle of nowhere.
    I think ill be late that day...
  • Options
    probably a stupid question but i do not have ten c tickets but how does that work then (never done this before)At arnhem the ticket i had was the entry ticket...so do i go early to exchange the pdf thing into a other one and then get inline for a good spot close to the front or is it going to be like you get a ticket and they tell you where you have to go?And if the first thing is the way it is ...what time you guys think we should get there in order to have a resonable good spot....don't mind the whait probably lot's of nice people there to talk to;)
  • Options
    K.T.K.T. Posts: 35
    PEARL JAM in Berlin!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! I´ll be there!!! Ok- wanted to let you guys know a few things about the venue (been living in Berlin for the past 8 years!!) It´s true- the venue IS in the middle of NOWHERE....There really is absolutely nothing around the venue....unfortunately....So for those who are going early be prepared to entertain yourselves!! There are however (usually) many Würst stands, drink stands, beer stands, and if you´re lucky they sometimes have a huge stand that sells EVERYTHING from "Haribo"...so lots of sweets.....Getting to the venue is not difficult but be prepared to walk a bit....It´s an open air arena- very cool atmosphere.....just cross your fingers that it doesn´t rain!! Hmmmm....am I forgetting anything?? There are buses that drop you off quite close to the venue, and then there´s a bit of walking to do....The buses are usually PACKED but don´t worry they keep coming regularly and they are just for the concert....If anyone has any questions just let me know!!!!!
  • Options
    PEARL JAM in Berlin!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! I´ll be there!!! Ok- wanted to let you guys know a few things about the venue (been living in Berlin for the past 8 years!!) It´s true- the venue IS in the middle of NOWHERE....There really is absolutely nothing around the venue....unfortunately....So for those who are going early be prepared to entertain yourselves!! There are however (usually) many Würst stands, drink stands, pretzel stands (yummmm) and beer stands, and if you´re lucky they sometimes have a huge stand that sells EVERYTHING from "Haribo"...so lots of sweets.....Getting to the venue is not difficult but be prepared to walk a bit....It´s an open air arena- very cool atmosphere.....just cross your fingers that it doesn´t rain!! Hmmmm....am I forgetting anything?? There are buses that drop you off quite close to the venue, and then there´s a bit of walking to do....The buses are usually PACKED but don´t worry they keep coming regularly and they are just for the concert....If anyone has any questions just let me know!!!!!
  • Options
    Bubble in the house!!!!

We'll get Berlin kicking... no matter what... as long as they have haribo!!!!
  • Options
    wendy1976 wrote:
    probably a stupid question but i do not have ten c tickets but how does that work then (never done this before)At arnhem the ticket i had was the entry ticket...so do i go early to exchange the pdf thing into a other one and then get inline for a good spot close to the front or is it going to be like you get a ticket and they tell you where you have to go?And if the first thing is the way it is ...what time you guys think we should get there in order to have a resonable good spot....don't mind the whait probably lot's of nice people there to talk to;)

Luckily we don't have to line up twice wendy! They will exchange that PDF for a paper ticket and then let us in, that's all. I'm goign to be there PLENTY early....and stock up on liquids and maybe a couple of würsts:P hehe
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    Shit, my mummy doesnt let me have Haribo coz it makes me even more hyper than ever.....blue smarties too.

Muahahahahahah, Hariboooooo. Will there be guys dealing smarties too?
  • Options
    K.T. wrote:
    PEARL JAM in Berlin!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! There are buses that drop you off quite close to the venue, and then there´s a bit of walking to do....The buses are usually PACKED but don´t worry they keep coming regularly and they are just for the concert....If anyone has any questions just let me know!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up KT. where can one catch the bus from? and what is the route number, etc? I'm gonna have to travel quite a bit to get to the Wuhlheide from my hotel, which is next to the Weissensee (Hotel Königin Luise). Luckily I am going to be in Berlin sightseeing 3 days early, so will scout out the area and such..

and you know it has to be done...

BERLIN! BERLIN! WIR FAHREN NACH BERLIN!:P
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Shit, my mummy doesnt let me have Haribo coz it makes me even more hyper than ever.....blue smarties too.

i can score ya some skittles...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    i can score ya some skittles...

Damn that would hit the spot, cheers!
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up KT. where can one catch the bus from? and what is the route number, etc? I'm gonna have to travel quite a bit to get to the Wuhlheide from my hotel, which is next to the Weissensee (Hotel Königin Luise). Luckily I am going to be in Berlin sightseeing 3 days early, so will scout out the area and such..

Ok!! I´m going to get all the information I can get and post it up here! I´ll let you know what bus number to take and from where....I´m pretty sure that you´ll need to use the underground (U-bahn) system to arrive to a certain point and then from that point on there will be buses shuttling back and forth from the venue...Give me a day and I´ll get all the info up and running...One thing I forgot about: Every other gig I´ve been to there (and everywhere in Berlin for that matter) has travelling costs included in the ticket price, so you won´t need to worry about that at least!!!
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:

i wil take a ful pack along for you ....just the blue ones *lol*then you can entertain us while we wait by running up and down the field in anticipation of pj....bring a footbal we make 2 teams one team strung on red smarties and the other hyper on the bleu ones ...see witch collor is the best???!!!
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602

We also have to travel like 45 min with u-bahn...we are staying in the area from Fehrberliner-Platz...my brother lives there..i cheked on the site http://www.wuhlheide.de how to travel you see the whole u-bahn track on it..and we have our personel guide my brother ofcourse...LOL...but it's not hard to travel around we've been 3 times in Berlin already visiting my brother everytime...we did alot of site-seiing because he had to work during the daytime we were there it's a verry interesting city day and night...
    We are leaving here on friday and stay until monday morning

were you are staying is 15 min with S-bahn to Alexander-Platz from there you can take the U-bahn to Wuhlheide
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    I have a spare Berlin 10c ticket, I'm going alone this one so if anybody is interested.
    I'm going by car from holland saturday morning, will be in Berlin around 13:00 / 14:00. I'm staying in a hotel 5 minutes from Wuhlheide (where I also have a spare bed)
    let me know the ride/ticket and a hotel bed are all available.
    René
    Rotterdam '93 - Amsterdam '96 - Hamburg '96 - Landgraaf '00 - Arnhem '06 - Antwerp '06 - Paris '06 -
    Berlin '06 - London '07 - Nijmegen '07 - Rotterdam '09 - Manchester '09 - London '09 - London '10 - Berlin '10 - Manchester '12 -Manchester '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Copenhagen '12 - Amsterdam '14 - Amsterdam '14 - Berlin '14 - Leeds '14 - Milton keynes '14
  • Options
    Renster wrote:
    I have a spare Berlin 10c ticket, I'm going alone this one so if anybody is interested.
    I'm going by car from holland saturday morning, will be in Berlin around 13:00 / 14:00. I'm staying in a hotel 5 minutes from Wuhlheide (where I also have a spare bed)
    let me know the ride/ticket and a hotel bed are all available.
    René
    hai rene
    if you see a green bmw with 3 crazy people in it rockin on pj music give us a wave hello!!We are going there early too!!Hope you find some one who wil buy the ticket...anyway have fun and drive safe!!
    groetjes van Wendy