*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Bradley Beal apparently is more open to a trade at the deadline....
    And his best bud is Jayson Tatum

Planning on offering Brown? That’s bold. 
    Certainly wouldn't offer him for Simmons, for Beal and some added pieces it's a possibility.

Point is Beal (if he gets traded) will have the ability to steer the deal to a preferred destination like star players in that league can, and it's no secret that he and Tatum are incredibly close, so this could be an option. 

If Brown is on the table then it’s definitely an option for you guys. I just don’t understand why you would do it. Older, a much worse 3 point shooter, and a much worse defender. 
    I think The Celts would attempt to do it without Brown, which would be unlikely to get a deal, but maybe a ridiculous trove of picks plus Smart, Horford's corpse (and soon to be good asset contract) and Nesmith or Langford.

All depends on if he pushes to leave or not. Bullets certainly improved their roster with the Westbrook trade and got off to a hot start but have cooled off, so he may be more willing to move on now.

Sixers want Washington to take Simmons straight up for him, I have an acquaintance who works in the Wiz organization, that's not happening. Simmons' stock around the league is in freefall.

But my sense is Beal goes nowhere at this point, more likely to happen in the off season.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    the fuck is going on? Ben's DMing Shaq? lol this is surreal
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    maybe Ben should go overseas and play?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    maybe Ben should go overseas and play?
    Nah. I think he is content with playing video games. What a loser. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Unless Embiid just signed an endorsement deal with Charmin, the odds of Simmons ever donning a Sixers uniform again just went from 0.69% to Blutarski level.
    I am so glad he's ours. The amount of pettiness and spite is so deep he should just be named President Philadelphia. I love this man.

Nothing in the history of this city would be better than a Spite Championship. 
    edited February 2022
    I believe that tweet was actually in reference to a soccer game, not Ben.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Can't convince me otherwise!
    That's the CYA response from the Troell.
    edited February 2022
    Poncier said:
    That's the CYA response from the Troell.
     I mean his team was in Thee Process of losing to Egypt as those tweets went out. But, perhaps, there as a double entendre there. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Harden rumor train is picking up steam
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I am hearing a deal is there if Morey wants it 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I mean you have to do it but hoooolly shit. Do both teams get better?
    I really don't believe this. Why make your rival better? It would take way way wayyy too much. I wouldn't do it.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    I think you have to take the chance but do question how he works with Embiid.  He would also take the ball out of Maxey’s hand,  
    I don't know how this deal happens without Maxey part of it, at least prior to the deadline. I think that's what they're really trying to squeeze for here and then ultimately nothing happens. Because I don't know how Ben, Matisse, and pick(s) get it done.

Kyrie at PG, Harden, KD are what they've been set up to be. IF the Sixers could actually get him without giving up Maxey then holy shit that's the lineup right there. You're not losing anything and gaining everything. And I think that's the lineup you have a better chance of happening with the off-season.
    edited February 2022
    In reading what some smart Sixers people said on twitter last night, I don't think they necessarily have to give up Maxey or maybe even Thybulle. Ben, Green (expiring contract) and a pick might do it. If this is real, and not something Rich Paul fed to Shams (still possible), then it's because the Nets have been made aware Harden's not coming back. Rumors everywhere indicate he wants to play with Jo. So Morey actually has more leverage than people might think. 

Can you imagine an Eastern Conference Finals between these two teams? Putting Ben at the foul line at the Center would definitely break that decibel level record the Chiefs fans hold. FROSTIES FOR EVERYONE FOREVER!

chinese-happy.jpg
    But was thinking about it last night. Wouldn't they need to match salary, too, and they'd need someone like Tobias in the deal, too, right? I just come back to that not making sense for either team and that this is one last push to squeeze the Sixers.
    edited February 2022
    Yeah i's entirely possible this was just fed to Shams by Rich Paul, but...

The other aspect of this is the luxury tax. Brooklyn could potentially save a lot of money on a Harden-Simmons trade; the one I outlined above, for instance, would save about $40 million in salary and luxury tax payments. Conversely, the Sixers would add to their luxury tax penalty if there isn’t another large salary going out with Simmons. A trade of Simmons and Danny Green for Harden would be pretty close to neutral financially; virtually any other plausible combo saves the Nets a ton of money, and would likely result in harder Philly haggling on assets and prospects.

https://theathletic.com/3113264/2022/02/05/what-could-james-harden-ben-simmons-trade-look-like-how-would-it-transform-the-nets-sixers-now-and-in-the-future/

chinese-happy.jpg
    Oh I 100% believe the only reason this guy is gainfully employed with The Athletic is to be the Bizarro Klutch Sports Woj.
    Imagine Durant having to deal with the personalities of both Kyrie and Simmons.
    He'd be kicking himself for signing that extension.
    Poncier said:
    Simmons is perfect for that team though. Would hardly have to shoot at all. He'd love it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Simmons is perfect for that team though. Would hardly have to shoot at all. He'd love it!
    On the court maybe but imagine all the off court/locker room drama with Simmons & Kyrie on the same team.
    And like it says in the article, I don't think Jersey is doing any type of deal unless Ben's vaccinated.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    And like it says in the article, I don't think Jersey is doing any type of deal unless Ben's vaccinated.
    He is now.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    nice win against The Bulls.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Seems that must have been the case:

Brooklyn Nets dismissed Philadelphia 76ers' interest in James Harden, sources say (espn.com)

When Philadelphia 76ers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey reached out to Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks on Jan. 11, they started with the usual pleasantries of basketball executives still a month away from Thursday's NBA trade deadline.
    Who do you like on our roster? Here's who I like on yours.
    Eventually, Morey spoke up on the true intention of his call.
    "What about James?"
    "James who?" Marks responded.
    The Nets do have two James -- Johnson and Harden.
    "James Harden."
    "No," Marks said flatly.
    That exchange four weeks ago represents the single, direct communication between Morey and Marks this season, sources told ESPN. However brief the conversation, messages were delivered in each direction: The Sixers planned a pursuit of Harden, and the Nets had no intention of surrender.
    Poncier said:

Seems that must have been the case:

Brooklyn Nets dismissed Philadelphia 76ers' interest in James Harden, sources say (espn.com)

When Philadelphia 76ers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey reached out to Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks on Jan. 11, they started with the usual pleasantries of basketball executives still a month away from Thursday's NBA trade deadline.
    Who do you like on our roster? Here's who I like on yours.
    Eventually, Morey spoke up on the true intention of his call.
    "What about James?"
    "James who?" Marks responded.
    The Nets do have two James -- Johnson and Harden.
    "James Harden."
    "No," Marks said flatly.
    That exchange four weeks ago represents the single, direct communication between Morey and Marks this season, sources told ESPN. However brief the conversation, messages were delivered in each direction: The Sixers planned a pursuit of Harden, and the Nets had no intention of surrender.
    My bro in law's buddy works for the Sixers and was listening in on the call with Shams on Friday. He texted him about the potential trade like 10 minutes before Sham's tweet went out. Then 2 hours later he texted back saying the Sixers now think it was likely pushed by Paul, designed to get the Morey to make the first move. lol.

Seems like nothing reported this morning is really new though.
    chinese-happy.jpg