###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

Comments

• Hi folks,

this is my first posting!

Although I am a huge Pearl Jam Fan for long years, the show in Düsseldorf was my first one! I bought the tickets on the first day and waited passionate for the day. The show was sooo great. I can hardly explain the feelings I had, when I saw the band entering the stage. Even though the organisation was really bad, the people were so great. The whole experience was one of the best moments in my life. A big Thank You to the band and the pieceful crowd!

I just had several tears (of joy) in my eyes!!!

I hope so hard, that my first PJ-show (but not my last!) will be released on CD!

Greetings Snake_
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Hi folks,

this is my first posting!

Although I am a huge Pearl Jam Fan for long years, the show in Düsseldorf was my first one! I bought the tickets on the first day and waited passionate for the day. The show was sooo great. I can hardly explain the feelings I had, when I saw the band entering the stage. Even though the organisation was really bad, the people were so great. The whole experience was one of the best moments in my life. A big Thank You to the band and the pieceful crowd!

I just had several tears (of joy) in my eyes!!!

I hope so hard, that my first PJ-show (but not my last!) will be released on CD!

Greetings Snake_

In the name of all the other freaks: Welcome !!

Glad you enjoyed the show, you're a lucky guy because this can just be one of the best they ever played. Was just my second show, but in a few days my third is coming and I hope that a lot will follow. Now that you to are infected welcome in the quarantine :D
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • "In the name of all the other freaks: Welcome !!

Glad you enjoyed the show, you're a lucky guy because this can just be one of the best they ever played. Was just my second show, but in a few days my third is coming and I hope that a lot will follow. Now that you to are infected welcome in the quarantine"

Thank you!

I'm infected for a long time. In Düsseldorf I got the cure for the first time and damn, it tasted so sweet!

One little flaw: I waited hardly for "Better Man", my favorite Song, but they didn't play it. But the set was really great. I am thankful they played "State of love and trust", man I love this song! With "Better Man" the evening would have been perfect! So it was 99.9 %!
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I have refilled my batteries and had some time to realize the little miracle I witnessed 2 days ago.

We arrived in Dusseldorf around 1pm and checked in to the hotel and went out to Altstadt to have a good lunch, knowing we wouldn't eat for a while. We joined the queue around 17.15 since everything took us way longer than we had anticipated. After waiting way longer than expected we got in around 18.30-ish and Futureheads were already playing, sounded nice, but I had hoped so much for 'Face' and was a bit bummed they didn't play it. Interpol had a good set, with some new songs and I really enjoyed it and it seemed everybody inside too.

Now for the main act, I was waiting to get in to the front area since while I was gone people (inc my mate) were let in. Made a new best friend (hallo Lennard uit Sittard [heb ik dat goed onthouden :o] alles goed..?) not the biggest surprise to hear Sometimes, but still very happy to hear it, since it just got stuck in my head most of the week. Whipping was a whipping. The crowd just exploded and it was a powerful opener, and they kept the initial burst of energy and surprise going with with Brain of J, DTE and Insignificance. I think Severed Hand sounded great live and since at this point I was just a few meters from the stage (no pushing, got a pink wristband from the security guys and it wasnt that crowded in the front area) and here comes Sad, dunno why just hoped and hoped and hoped they would play it and they did! I think I'm still hoarse due to that song.. Inside Job was soo pretty, that was a moment I came to my senses took a deep breath looked around at all the smiling faces around me and lit my ... loved how the song works up to a climax and rocked out, go Mikey! With the start of Why Go I thought for a moment we reached the end of the 1st set, but a quick look at my watch made me think that couldn't be the case. Great energy in the song and great to hear all these voices chime in to let you know you're not the only one who isn't ready to go home. The band got a lot of love for Daughter, even after hearing it numerous times somehow the life experience of the song and the anticipation of some improv or tag always makes it fun to hear. Now here was another big surprise: Breath! I really didn't expect to hear that one life, but was very happy they played it, and to rock your socks off by bursting in to Solat after it was awesome! Now it got really hard to imagine what I was hearing, I'm Open? What!? Soo beautiful it felt like a religious moment (or was it the company of mary jane? anyhoo..) it was another of those once in a lifetimes experiences. Life Wasted was quite a wake up call after the chilling tune of Come Back, and I'm never going back again either! A great rocking end of the 1st set!

Now there's the moment someone is never gonna forget, being invited on stage as a local while being from Portugal, how funny. I started believing in miracles myself after the songs I had already heard this evening and thought they couldn't surprise me more, I was wrong.. Not For You felt awesome! The crowd went peanuts and Modern Girl gave me goosebumps. Another remarkable moment followed as Boom started Wasted Reprise, love Life Wasted, love hearing the chorus again and it was perfect working up to Black and Alive.

Small Town was great with so many people singing along and screaming HELLO! Rats was totally unreal, another song I'd never expected to hear, very cool! Again lots of energy and singing along with Baba, and always a bitter sweet moment when YL starts.

It was a great show, filled with surprises and a great atmosphere. They nailed it and I am soo happy I was there!

Hope everything works out at the festivals and Copenhagen will be great, see you guys at Nijmegen!
    your light's reflected now
  • i was there together with the portuguese group:-)

great show, great organisation by Marit, the area only for 10C was a great idea.

great performance by the band. 25 picks and the signed setlistby Mike. Glorified G and Wash were on the setlist.
  • TwigsterTwigster Posts: 39
    Ben.W wrote:
    Ed was god, Mike blew me away, only problem was that from where I was sitting, couldn't really here Stone (desperately wanted to here his Not For You solo a bit better).

Yeah, although the sound quality was great, I had the opposite problem - I couldn't hear Mike (I was on the opposite side).

Didn't detract from an AMAZING show.
    Brixton Academy, London: 14/07/93
    Wembley Arena, London: 29/10/96
    MEN Arena, Manchester: 04/06/00
    Air Canada Centre, Toronto: 05/10/00
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf: 21/06/07

Brad: Phoenix Theatre, Toronto: 31/10/02
  • Co RivalCo Rival Posts: 49
    The set was really great. I had a wonderfull evening. I'm now looking forward to next tuesday when I 'll go to the show in Copenhagen.
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Glad to see you made it Obi and had a fantastic time like I had! Was great to read your review!!

Ok, got some pictures ready for you ppl.I've put the best on my photography website: http://reducetosilence.blogspot.com

Another bunch is on flickr.com. Click on 'View as slideshow' on the right to get the nicest view: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kushikushun/sets/72157600451680754/

You'll find a photo there of me too, so maybe some ppl recognize me as the out of tune singing girlie :rolleyes:
    I have posted three or so YouTube vids, but the quality is much worse then on my computer. So I will figure out with some tech friends how to change that.
    But you can watch them already of course, if you dont mind the bad quality.

- Urujam jumping around with Ed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7kozw1m6M

- Ed mumbling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE15kXjp3kA

- Part of Inside Job: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4n7QbtQ-lM

- Two small parts of Rats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvQmNCWW98
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHjCyW_8QeA

Hope you like it all. Hope to see some of ya in Nijmegen and / or Werchter!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • AnthAnth Posts: 1
    Hi, first post.

Traveled all the way from Sweden with my sister to see pearl jam, and what can I say, I was absolutely blown away.

A shame that I didnt manage to get to the front though but I managed to get some decent seats anyway.

Met lots of nice people though but managed to embarrass myself im afraid. A random german dude said something in german and proceeded to hand me a beer, I happilly started to drink from said beer, the guy shook his head and took the beer away from me and gave it to his friend. I had misunderstood, my task was not to drink the beer but to hold it while he got to his seat. During a small intermission I told him that I was sorry and that I didnt understand german, he thought I was asking for more beer so he handed me the beer again and as I shook my head signaling that thats not what I meant he got frustrated and I felt it was my civic duty to drink the beer. Embarrassing to say the least. Then a girl started flirting with me so I started to flirt back thinking "This is awesome, at a pearl jam concert and some random chick starts flirting with me", it turns out that the unknown beer german had bought her a beer so she was flirting with him, not me. Embarrassed again, but the concert was great though :)

I posted a vid of black from the concert to youtube. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=b1vTQsfu2ZI

Take care, bye.
  • 3 shows from this tour and how lucky I was!!!

After the great show at Wembley I went to Dusseldorf thinking that, no matter what they played, I would be happy... but Pearl Jam decided we deserved one more present ^^ and WHAT A CONCERT!! Best way of finishing my tour, after a festival and Wembley.

I went there with my portuguese friends, we stayed in front of Mike and Jeff, we got 25 picks from Mike :D and the second part of the setlist (signed for him) which included WASH!!!!!
    Mike gave us 2 cds, but wtf? that's an hip hop thing! I don't understand what did he have in mind :P

Great show, great friends, great organization from Marit (Thank you!) and an amazing way to finish the Tour 2007.

Can't wait for the next one ;)
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    Better than Wembley (which was an amazing show) by a mile!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • GhurtiGhurti Posts: 2
    Wooo the first time I'm posting here after my first Pearl Jam show..and I hope it was the first of a hundred.
    It was just incredible although we only got a place on the back of the hall instead of right in front of the stage.
    Now I totaly understand what's written on the cover of one of my non official live bootlegs:
    "there's something about Eddie (and PJ at all!!) that makes you feel you're the only one out there he's singing to..."
    It was amazing hearing breath and directly afterwards state of love and trust, oh my god! whippin!daughter...all the songs we love..
    thanks for THE impression of my life.
    Hope they are doing it like the Rolling Stones: going on tour till they're to old/weak to play ;-)
    thanks
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Mike gave us 2 cds, but wtf? that's an hip hop thing! I don't understand what did he have in mind :P

what band?

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • NthinManNthinMan Posts: 7
    I am new to the forum, so... hello :)

I have been listening to PJ for many years now, and I' ve always been hoping to see them live and never had the chance to.

As I couldn't attend the show in Berlin, I had already lost my hope to see them playing live in the near future (or at all).

This was my first show and I can't find appropriate words to describe the feelings I had when it all really started.

When Ed started playing sometimes, a shiver went all over my body!!

*Just thinking... Is this really happening?*

It was!!!

I was sitting somewhere far in the back, but it all was so amazing, I wouldn't have expected it to get even better.

It did and it did again and again! There were so many people sharing this! The crowd, all of you were so great and I felt so fortunate being part of that.

And the set list!!! Unbelievable!

Whipping, Brain of J, Do the evolution were... wooohaaa!!!

Insignificance, In Hiding, Sad, Why go (!!!!!!!!), Breath followed up by solat(amazing!!!!), I' m open (unreal!!!), come back (almost drove me to tears... had them in my eyes actually).

It would be to long to describe all and it would all look the same I guess, not being able to put it into words.

Just want to thank PJ and all of you and the people who attended for making this all really happen!!

Thank you so much!!!
  • s_rockvam wrote:
    god I wish there were boots for the last 2 shows... so it goes
    That is what I was thinking also.
    Rapid City 98
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    oh my god!!!!

what an amazing, amazing show!!!

incredible setlist, incredible crowd.. incredible show. afterwards I didn't even have the energy to go anywhere but the hotel to get some sleep.

fantasticness all around.

except for the delay with the doors. that sucked big time. and even though the sound was great in the front, I feel bad for those who were in the back because I'm sure (and have heard) that the sound was crappier. :o

one of my favourite moments was during Not For You.. as expected, I was singing my lungs out and all of a sudden mr Mike McCready looks at me and gestures "Not for me?" pointing at himself and looking puzzled. :D I shrudded my shoulders and then flashed him a huge smile. he smiled back and as I shook my head in amusement and looked up he did the same. :D hehehe.

oh and a Mike pick touched my finger. lol. (why do I have to be such a bad catcher?) if I'd have faster reflexes, that pick would be mine!!!

the ticket looks amazing and the poster is fabulous! I'm not a poster collector but that's one kick arse design!!

hmm. I think that's all I've got to say for now.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    afterwards I didn't even have the energy to go anywhere but the hotel to get some sleep.

Yeah it felt like after hours and hours of great sex ;)
  • ... and I am totally lost for words.

First of all let me introduce myself: I am Tanja and I am new at this forum.

I have finally seen them and I still cannot believe it. I have seen MY band live after 15 years of waiting. I know it sounds trashy for some of you but Pearl Jam saved my life in the 90s a lot. Every time I thought I couldn't take it anymore I threw a CD in the player and felt a lot better. Not that misunderstood, alone and unloved. And to see them live was like the biggest wish came finally true. They are so humble and down to earth.

After reading some threads I know that I am not the one who couldn't believe that they are so incredibly good. I know that they are good, but THAT good? They blow me out of my socks. That energy they give to their audience and the love and the warmth. Each song is a bomb. I am still running on adrenaline. Unfortunately we were pretty far away from the stage but the energy filled the whole arena

They touched me so deep inside and I still get goose bumps when I think about the gig. On that evening I couldn't decide to cry (tears of joy of course) or laugh. Most of the time I did both.

Thank you guys for the best night in my entire life and I really hope that I will have the opportunity to see you again.

Now after ridicule (is this the right word?) myself I will throw myself on the couch and try to deactivate my grin.

Bye for now

Tanja

Oh, I'm still ALIVE!!!
    Life comes from within my heart and desire

Concert Dusseldorf ISS-Dome; 21 June 2007
  • MargoMargo Posts: 256
    Now after ridicule (is this the right word?) myself I will throw myself on the couch and try to deactivate my grin.

Bye for now

Tanja

Hi Tanja,
    Welcome to the board. You're definitely not ridiculing yourself - I think everyone here understands exactly what you mean!! I do anyway! I was at the show too and words simply fail to describe the night. I am still not back to earth yet!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • KiloTangoKiloTango Posts: 3
    Hi everyone!

Another first poster typing here.

This was only my second PJ show after The Gorge 05. Holy Phuck, what an experience.

Organisation sucked big time, being up on the rank, "Stone/Boom side" of the stage (*booh!*) the first set was suffering from terrible sound. It did improve a lot, though.

Baba almost got me bouncing off the balcony, some people around me were confident I'd popped a few fuses.

What an experience! Not comparable to The Gorge, more confined, LOTS of crowd energy, just great.

Hey, it didn't even take us four hours to get off the parking lot, unlike in '05 ;)
    Though, seing loads of coppers and firefighters there, telling us we could only go onto the property one by one 'cos it was in danger of collapsing (!!) added spice to the night ;-)

Got to meet Tim (Hi!), who's originally from Seattle and on his 2nd PJ show, as well. Met him in the parking lot. Waiting in queue. After the show. Scary :)

THANKS to The Band for yet another fantastic experience, THANKS to the rest of the crowd! I wouldn't have thought this was possible here in Germany.

This was only the beginning :)

- Karsten
  • Ben.WBen.W Posts: 17
    Margo wrote:
    Hi Tanja,
    Welcome to the board. You're definitely not ridiculing yourself - I think everyone here understands exactly what you mean!! I do anyway! I was at the show too and words simply fail to describe the night. I am still not back to earth yet!

Exactly, I'm pretty sure 100% of the people on this board feel the same was as you Tanja. It was also my first PJ experience and I really wasn't ready for just how good they'd be. In the seating area where I was, I could tell that a few guys near me weren't quite as obsessed as me, but I still had my heart on my sleeve throughout and was thrilled to see that the majority were doing the same, I would have hugely regretted it if I had held back.
    Speaking as a child of the 90s..
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    My first show as well Tanya. It was wonderfull seing so many people just like me! There were people from all over the world!

How did Pearl Jam create so many hardcore-fans?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
    Ben.W wrote:
    Exactly, I'm pretty sure 100% of the people on this board feel the same was as you Tanja. It was also my first PJ experience and I really wasn't ready for just how good they'd be. In the seating area where I was, I could tell that a few guys near me weren't quite as obsessed as me, but I still had my heart on my sleeve throughout and was thrilled to see that the majority were doing the same, I would have hugely regretted it if I had held back.

We had some of the kind you mention around where we were, as well.
    One girl in particular seemed completely bored all the way through. No tapping foot, not even a smile, no reaction. Is the adjective "unrockable" known in English?

We had a blast nevertheless.
    KiloTango wrote:
    We had some of the kind you mention areund where we were, as well.
    One girl in particular seemed completely bored all the way through. No tapping foot, not even a smile, no reaction. Is the adjective "unrockable" known in English?

We had a blast nevertheless.

Unrockable :D

Du bist unrockbar
    Du weißt nicht was das für ein Schock war
    Meine Freundin ist unrockbar

Wie kannst du bei PEARL JAM ruhig sitzen bleiben
    Wenn dir doch Schlagersänger Tränen in die Augen treiben
    Seit du bei mir wohnst schallt jeden Tag Shakira durch das Haus
    Ich halt es nicht mehr aus
    Ich glaub ich schmeiss dich raus

great song
    Spot on, mate :D
    KiloTango wrote:
    Spot on, mate :D

14th november in Trier!!!
  • DilligafDilligaf Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

after three comatose days I join the crowd by saying: WHAT A SHOW! Still can't believe it. Even though I always claim that the last show I have been to was the best one ever, THIS time it WAS the BEST show EVER!
    Even though the crowd was far more into it in London (at least in my corner... with some people looking pretty bored when the guys didn't play Ten-Songs...), the band was amazing, open, funny and relaxed.
    As for the setlist. Still can't believe they played 'Inside Job' again, after London! RATS was f... awesome!
    But as some of you guys have already said: the organization was horrible. We waited for three hourse in the rain to get tix for the pitch, I got one for the area in front of the stage, a friend of mine only got one for the area behind the first wavebreaker... we were almost crushed when we tried to get into the pit... and then they simply decided to let in EVERYONE.
    But anyways, I am happy... sighs...
    "How I chose to feel is how I am."
  • ... and I am totally lost for words.

First of all let me introduce myself: I am Tanja and I am new at this forum.

I have finally seen them and I still cannot believe it. I have seen MY band live after 15 years of waiting. I know it sounds trashy for some of you but Pearl Jam saved my life in the 90s a lot. Every time I thought I couldn't take it anymore I threw a CD in the player and felt a lot better. Not that misunderstood, alone and unloved. And to see them live was like the biggest wish came finally true. They are so humble and down to earth.

After reading some threads I know that I am not the one who couldn't believe that they are so incredibly good. I know that they are good, but THAT good? They blow me out of my socks. That energy they give to their audience and the love and the warmth. Each song is a bomb. I am still running on adrenaline. Unfortunately we were pretty far away from the stage but the energy filled the whole arena

They touched me so deep inside and I still get goose bumps when I think about the gig. On that evening I couldn't decide to cry (tears of joy of course) or laugh. Most of the time I did both.

Thank you guys for the best night in my entire life and I really hope that I will have the opportunity to see you again.

Bye for now

Tanja

Hi Tanja,

I totally agree with you. It was my first PJ-Show, too and I had really tears in my eyes. The band means so much to me as you wrote in your post!

For all of you folks who speak german, here is the link to an review I wrote about the show. Enjoy it!

http://omdb.info/modules.php?name=MusicDatabase&func=mdDoShowConcertReview&id=3
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Viggo wrote:
    My first show as well Tanya. It was wonderfull seing so many people just like me! There were people from all over the world!

How did Pearl Jam create so many hardcore-fans?

pure magic :). Going to Pearl Jam concerts is addictive, especially because of all those other fans from all over the world.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    does anyone have this show?? please pm me. I will be so grateful