I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

That live MMJ is absolutely fantastic. I need to get my copy back from my brother-in-law....he's had it too damn long!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697

Just got delivered. 
  • GlowGirl said:

Just got delivered. 
    Awesome!!!! Crank that wax! 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2022

Thank you @mrussel1 for Massey Hall and Purple Ten. You grade-A hunk of a man. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Thank you @mrussel1 for Massey Hall and Purple Ten. You A-grade hunk of a man. 
    If I had a nickel for every time..

Hope you enjoy them.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mrussel1 said:

Hope you enjoy them.  
    Lisa Simpson Treehouse GIF by The Simpsons
    Haha!! You two!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:

Hope you enjoy them.  
    Damn a nd you threw in a purple ten...what a guy!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    GlowGirl said:

Just got delivered. 

Terrific!  Let us know what you think.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Just got delivered. 

I have heard it before, just not on vinyl. I love it. Will listen to this today. 
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Just got delivered. 

I have heard it before, just not on vinyl. I love it. Will listen to this today. 

Super!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Gibson said:

What is this?
    King Animal demos.

Bones of Birds
    By Crooked Steps
    Halfway There
    Worse Dreams
    Black Saturday
    Thousand Days Before

Worth it for the album cover colours alone. Great songs - I think I'll give the regular album a spin today!
    Hmm. So they sound good those versions too? Or is it really rough sounding demos? 
    very good sounding early versions. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

double post
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607

nice! Those purple 10s sound great and look hot.
  • Loujoe said:

I have one and forgot about it. Guess I should open it. Is it the OG or BOB mix? 
  • Ripe - Joy In The Wild Unknown Vinyl
    yummy green shade
    https://ripeband.myshopify.com/products/ripe-joy-in-the-wild-unknown-vinyl

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423
    Loujoe said:

I have one and forgot about it. Guess I should open it. Is it the OG or BOB mix? 
    Pearl Jam - Ten

Url: https://www.discogs.com/release/16244388-Pearl-Jam-Ten

Shared from the Discogs App

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Loujoe said:

not og. I mostly like to hold it up to the light. Like Donny Osmond, I love purple. It's the only 10 I own that too is why I opened it. I also was weak and ended up with more than 1. 3 from target sale (one got damp in transit, opened it) 1 from 10 c opened it bc I got it before target. so i have two opened and one sealed. Only spun it 'once' and tears during release. Gave one to my bud. thanks for listening. End of confession.
  • Icky to release the BoB mix with the original cover art. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    These were just delivered...

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
    311 - Mardi Gras 2020 (red lp)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Exciting The Who Japanese Edition
    Discipline
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    My brother-in-law found this in his storage a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted it…

2LP coloured version of Siamese Dream from 93. Never played, still sealed and forgotten about in a box for over 25 years. He didn’t even know it was on coloured vinyl.

Needless to say it is now open and has been played  =)

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Wow.  I’m pretty sure that’s worth some coin there.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    Coloured vinyl is such a pain to keep clean since you can’t see the dust.  I’ll happily take it off your hands for the black version of that pressing 😂

That’s awesome. TBH I think that pressing is probably in my top 5 best sounding records I have. Enjoy 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    mrussel1 said:
    Wow.  I’m pretty sure that’s worth some coin there.
    I checked on Discogs and it's worth more than I would have been prepared to pay for it, that's for sure! Maybe I owe my brother-in-law some beer...

Coloured vinyl is such a pain to keep clean since you can’t see the dust.  I’ll happily take it off your hands for the black version of that pressing 😂
    Such a generous offer, but I think I'll have to pass 😂
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Just arrived from Bar/None Records.  Can't wait to here this tomorrow!

The Feelies – Only Life

Label:Bar/None Records – BRNLP-236, Universal Music Special Markets – B0022213-01
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
    Released:Mar 11, 2016
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Pop Rock, Indie Rock

goldrush said:
    My brother-in-law found this in his storage a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted it…

2LP coloured version of Siamese Dream from 93. Never played, still sealed and forgotten about in a box for over 25 years. He didn’t even know it was on coloured vinyl.

Whoa! Yeah, that's a pricey record. Enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    goldrush said:

How cool!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    goldrush said:

How is the noise on it? I have a black pressing of it and a friend of mine has a colored version. They both are noisy with pops in places. He did some research and from what he read, it seemed like every pressing of the record has it to some extent.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    goldrush said:

How is the noise on it? I have a black pressing of it and a friend of mine has a colored version. They both are noisy with pops in places. He did some research and from what he read, it seemed like every pressing of the record has it to some extent.
    Mine doesn’t, it’s the black one. LP 2 side one had some issues on mine but it was just dirty. Perfect after a good scrub 

AFAIK the coloured and black are all pressed using the same plates so I suppose they are all the same pressing (same source at least).  The black they did 1k at a time for four different years  according to discogs for a total of 4K.  I wouldn’t think they would sound different 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on