Options

crowd in Dublin... pat yourselves on the fuckin back!!!!

Comments

• Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    True. It's doubtful i'll make it to the front though, so im hoping for anything up to tenth row.

10c ticket? Almost guaranteed first 3 or 4 rows.. There's only 300 10c tickets per show.

Arrive more than an hour before doors open and you'll get front row.
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    10c ticket? Almost guaranteed first 3 or 4 rows.. There's only 300 10c tickets per show.

Arrive more than an hour before doors open and you'll get front row.

Yeah i'm 10c for for the first night in Lisbon. We'd actually thought about arriving at the queue as early as possible anyway because we were unsure how many 10c members there were.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Yeah i'm 10c for for the first night in Lisbon. We'd actually thought about arriving at the queue as early as possible anyway because we were unsure how many 10c members there were.

Had we? TELL me these things! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    10c queue doesnt start until the box office opens...

So to be first in line, you have a maximum of 2 and a half hours in the queue.
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

• Options
    especially on Betterman. What a nite. That man has got the most amazing voice ever..........but we don't do too bad oursels. Was over all too soon. Coma back soon, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase.
    & for those who just cannae get enough you can watch 3 live tracks from reading festival on the following website:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/events/2006/reading/index.html?channel=&id=47&reading=1
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Had we? TELL me these things! :D

I was just about to talk to you about queuing actually!

Jaymac - i dont mind waiting a couple of hours really. When i went to see REM last year i arrived at the queue at about 11am and we weren't allowed in until 3.30pm but it was so much fun anyway!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Dublin I started queueing for 10c tickets at 11am, and doors were at about 18:45... that was a long day! But worth it.. Arnhem and Antwerp were much better organised... box office at 14:30 and 15:30, and then we were told where to queue for 10c entrance, and doors at 17:15 and 18:15 respectively.

• Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    Dublin I started queueing for 10c tickets at 11am, and doors were at about 18:45... that was a long day! But worth it.. Arnhem and Antwerp were much better organised... box office at 14:30 and 15:30, and then we were told where to queue for 10c entrance, and doors at 17:15 and 18:15 respectively.

Ok, thanks for the info. I can't remember off the top of my head what time box office opens in Lisbon. I shall have to check my trusty tour folder.

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    lodsa room in the pit :)

So what ya been drinkin' this fine evenin' then ya drunken loon?? :D
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jaymac wrote:

i queued at 5-ish... i was in the last 3rd of the 10C queue easily.... but i was still 3 or 4 from the front come gig time... the pit has been a great idea for the euro tour!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So what ya been drinkin' this fine evenin' then ya drunken loon?? :D

2 bottles of red... 2 glasees of cider!

i canr fuckin spell.... and this bhoot is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what about you, my favourte person from 'dahn sahff' :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    2 bottles of red... 2 glasees of cider!

i canr fuckin spell.... and this bhoot is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what about you, my favourte person from 'dahn sahff' :)

About 6 Kronenbourgs, a Jack and Coke and a Johnny Walker and coke as we speak. I'm just converting the boot to MP3 now. I'll be tuning in within 2 minutes.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    About 6 Kronenbourgs, a Jack and Coke and a Johnny Walker and coke as we speak. I'm just converting the boot to MP3 now. I'll be tuning in within 2 minutes.

did you get the FLAC as well? brilliant quality....

Ed has just said "we'll see you next time"
  • Options
    did you get the FLAC as well? brilliant quality....

Ed has just said "we'll see you next time"

Yeah, I bought the Flac but need to convert to MP3 to burn it onto disc. I don't know how to play/record it in Flac format.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, I bought the Flac but need to convert to MP3 to burn it onto disc. I don't know how to play/record it in Flac format.

do not convert it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need something called FLAC frontend... it converts the flac files to .wav files.... each song is about 50mb instead of 5mb... the bit rate is 1200 or something compared to mp3... it makes a big difference believe it or not!

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

do not buy the FLAC and then convert to mp3... you're wasting $5 per album!
  • Options
    do not convert it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need something called FLAC frontend... it converts the flac files to .wav files.... each song is about 50mb instead of 5mb... the bit rate is 1200 or something compared to mp3... it makes a big difference believe it or not!

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

do not buy the FLAC and then convert to mp3... you're wasting $5 per album!

O.k. Cheers. I'm listening to it now though. Inside job. Lovely jubbly.
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    erm, yeah .. just listen to it? ... link? ya tool .. we don't all buy every boot in circulation! :p
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    Cagey wrote:
    erm, yeah .. just listen to it? ... link? ya tool .. we don't all buy every boot in circulation! :p

you are drunk arent you Cagey? :D
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    awww... that's givin' me chills! Inside Job is possibly the best song they could have chosen for my first live PJ song!

I FUCKIN' LOVE BOOTLEGS!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    awww... that's givin' me chills! Inside Job is possibly the best song they could have chosen for my first live PJ song!

I FUCKIN' LOVE BOOTLEGS!!!

Couldn't agree more. Inside Job is rapidly becoming my favourite opener. I love how you can hear the crowd go nuts when Ed walks onstage towards the end of the long intro. It just adds to the excitement!

• Options
    Couldn't agree more. Inside Job is rapidly becoming my favourite opener. I love how you can hear the crowd go nuts when Ed walks onstage towards the end of the long intro. It just adds to the excitement!

absolutely... just listening to it again :o

great opener... :cool:
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    you are drunk arent you Cagey? :D

Nope, upload the motherfucker, we won't tell ...
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    Now i know many people will be saying yeah right you can't have heard your own voice above that of the thousands that where there .... but after crazy mary when Eddie decided to go into the similiar wee story he had told us in 2000 in the point before they played 'off he goes'....... i just downloaded the bootleg was sitting listening to it having a few beers and low and behold when eddie goes into his wee horse joke before he gets to the punch line of " its a great place to play in dublin" I'd beat him to it and screamed out " it's a great fuckin place to play in dublin"...... I indeed heard it on the recording .... I know i'm a loud mouth but actually hearing my big belfast accent shouting out as loud as my lungs would go ( my voice was hoarse for about three days post concert) i couldn't believe i heard myself screaming ............... now i can die happy that my voice is actually on a pearl jam album ( bootleg though it may be) i think it's now my claim to fame..... i know i'm not insane as i played it back several times and still heard it :cool:
    the experience of the gig at the point was one of the best things i've ever been through in my life it topped all other previous gigs i've been to .........but now it's even better knowing i'm truly a loud mouth!
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    we were good all right...joined by you scots of course
    of which there were bucket loads

+ 9 welsh celts too!!! ;-)
    ~cardiff, wales, 2000~
    ~dublin, ireland, 2006~
    ~london, england 2007~
    ~manchester, england~

~caerdydd, cymru~
    http://www.myspace.com/nothingthreedays
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    siochan wrote:
    Now i know many people will be saying yeah right you can't have heard your own voice above that of the thousands that where there .... but after crazy mary when Eddie decided to go into the similiar wee story he had told us in 2000 in the point before they played 'off he goes'....... i just downloaded the bootleg was sitting listening to it having a few beers and low and behold when eddie goes into his wee horse joke before he gets to the punch line of " its a great place to play in dublin" I'd beat him to it and screamed out " it's a great fuckin place to play in dublin"...... I indeed heard it on the recording .... I know i'm a loud mouth but actually hearing my big belfast accent shouting out as loud as my lungs would go ( my voice was hoarse for about three days post concert) i couldn't believe i heard myself screaming ............... now i can die happy that my voice is actually on a pearl jam album ( bootleg though it may be) i think it's now my claim to fame..... i know i'm not insane as i played it back several times and still heard it :cool:
    the experience of the gig at the point was one of the best things i've ever been through in my life it topped all other previous gigs i've been to .........but now it's even better knowing i'm truly a loud mouth!

Haha... I just heard that!! Well done!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    hender wrote:
    dunno but bet we made loads of noise - I was in the second row - just to the right of Eddie

You must've been behind me. I was against the barrier, smack bang in front of Eddie. I caught his tambourine, too (hence the name).

The singalong on Black was fucking excellent.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 142
    Just listening to it now, Better Man sounds awsome. Looking forward to hearing Leeds & Reading.
  • Options
    evo wrote:
    add another 4 to the Scotland tally. :)

downloaded the boot earlier but i havent listened to it yet.

ha ha yeah i went over with another 7 of us scots!on a flight from edinburgh at 8 am the day of the gig!

sure there was some more on there way to the gig on our flight!we kept bumping into them in dublin!they were from kirckaldy i believe!

i love the boot soo much!
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Clone wrote:
    Just listening to it now, Better Man sounds awsome. Looking forward to hearing Leeds & Reading.

I'm really looking forward to getting the audio rip for Reading...was the best live experience of my life...much better than when I saw them before!
  • Options
    jesus the boot is amazing, all the memories come flooding back into focus

the sound of hte crowd is OFF THE BLEEDING HOOK

so exciting listening to it
    WE ROCKED
    I was in the front right beside hender, audiodave was near us, can't remember where u were dunkman1974 over at Mike i think, i had my baby sis with me, she liked PJ bit said she was blown away by them, i pointed mike soloing behind his head to her, she simply said, holy shit thats amazing

couldn't have said it better myself
    U REDS!