Options

crowd in Dublin... pat yourselves on the fuckin back!!!!

Comments

• Options
    holy shit we sound like a choir of angels!! :)... I don't normally sound this good in the shower :D ... well maybe sometimes... if i get a blast of that herbal essence stuff :D AMAZING BOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm i nearly said a 'choir of angles!' Booms solo is the dogs on Crazy M!!!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    *pats self on back*

I still need to get this!
    :D

Such a great show.
    :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    At the end of Black,What does Ed say??It sounds to me like he mentions Ireland and next year in the same sentence!Am I hearing what I want to hear?
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    holy shit just got the boot best sounding boot i have heard this had gotta be one of the best so clad i was part of that amazing crowd singing out lungs out, its ok and black beyond words well done everyone
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    we are....the balls!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    im proud to be a part of that amazing dublin crowd.

was right on the barrier, front row in front of mike.

ed came over and passed his wine to me in crazy mary, so i drank it down and passed it around :D

mike also played the alive solo 2 feet in front of me WOW

but still ed gave me his wine wooooooooo
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    listen to the first lines of the first verse.... how fucking loud were we... i have all the boots from 2005 and we blow them away :cool:
    Boohooo :( I can't listen I don't have it...
    O gifted men, vainglorious for first place,
    how short a time the laurel crown stays green

A breath of wind is all there is to fame
    here upon earth: it blows this way and that,
    and when it changes quarter it changes name.
    -Dante
    Dublin 23/08/2006
    Leeds 25/08/2006
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i'm realy looking forward to playing it , going to wait till tuesday am when i will be alone and can play the whole thing in 1 hit :D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    im proud to be a part of that amazing dublin crowd.

was right on the barrier, front row in front of mike.

ed came over and passed his wine to me in crazy mary, so i drank it down and passed it around :D

mike also played the alive solo 2 feet in front of me WOW

but still ed gave me his wine wooooooooo
    I saw that. It was unusually nice of the security guy to help pass the wine. We're usually not even allowed capped plastic bottles, nevermind glass!
    ---
    Pearl Jam! Come back to Ireland!!
  • Options
    Cregser wrote:
    I saw that. It was unusually nice of the security guy to help pass the wine. We're usually not even allowed capped plastic bottles, nevermind glass!

yeah i thought that!

where abouts were you?
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    yeah i thought that!

where abouts were you?
    Miles away! I was up in the balcony. I usually don't settle for seating but for PJ I'll take whatever I can get. I managed to get 2 tickets but they weren't even beside each other! I took another PJ fan along with me anyway. T'was a great night.

Here was my view:
    pj1.jpg
    pj2.jpg
    ---
  • Options
    ah well man at least you were in there!

top show, really amazing night. tasty wine too! :D
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    ah well man at least you were in there!

top show, really amazing night. tasty wine too! :D
    Yeah it's the first time I've seen more people requesting tickets outside the Point than touts selling them!

Usually the touts line the street on the walk down to the gig, and struggle to sell all their tickets. But this time there were numerous groups of desperate PJ fans dejectedly calling out for tickets.

Imagine what it would have been like standing outside listening in to the muffled sound of the show.
    ---
  • Options
    I didn't think any version of Black could possibly top the extraordinary, spinetingling emotional orgasm of Dublin 2000 (when ed dived into the crowd right at the climax of Black) but fuck me!!!!! This time was unbelievable! And the people who deserve the most credit for such an amazing version is not the band - it's the crowd. Unbelievable. Pat on the back, indeed - well deserved.

and let's not forget what you all/we added to It's Ok (wow!), Better Man, tBaBiT, Indifference, and of course L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G (nice spelling, everyone!)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    this boot brings back wonderful memories of a wonderful show in a wonderful city in a wonderful country that I'd love to visit again.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Angus wrote:
    this boot brings back wonderful memories of a wonderful show in a wonderful city in a wonderful country that I'd love to visit again.

good call dude

i thought dublin was an awesome city
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    gaz wrote:
    At the end of Black,What does Ed say??It sounds to me like he mentions Ireland and next year in the same sentence!Am I hearing what I want to hear?

According to Heineken Helen, no you're not (more's the pity!). I'll have to listen to it again myself (any excuse is a good excuse!), but I trust Helen and she's going with "The beauty of Ireland, right there! Cheers! Thanks for singing". Which I like...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    yep, that's what he said :) . How fucking unbelieveably amazing is this boot? Oh my god, it's ok and black are just sooooooooo heartbreakingly gorgeous.

‘Glad to hear it was ok! As excited as i am about the upcoming Lisbon shows, i don't wanna end up looking back and just remembering how crushed i was’

Heya Ross, I’m 5’4 and I was at the barrier and I have to say it was surprisingly comfortable. Although the point have the two barriers. From what I can tell not everywhere does so you may need to ask about the venue rather than the crowd. Also, the barrier in the point is cushioned, I haven’t seen that anywhere else either. Somebody died before at a Smashing Pumpkins gig in the point so safety is the most important thing and the security seemed really really well trained. Although, if I hadn’t made the barrier, I’m not so sure I woulda stayed in the pit. Looking at the people behind me, they were drenched in sweat by the end of the first song.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Heya Ross, I’m 5’4 and I was at the barrier and I have to say it was surprisingly comfortable. Although the point have the two barriers. From what I can tell not everywhere does so you may need to ask about the venue rather than the crowd. Also, the barrier in the point is cushioned, I haven’t seen that anywhere else either. Somebody died before at a Smashing Pumpkins gig in the point so safety is the most important thing and the security seemed really really well trained. Although, if I hadn’t made the barrier, I’m not so sure I woulda stayed in the pit. Looking at the people behind me, they were drenched in sweat by the end of the first song.

Ross as you may remember I'm a bit of a shorty (5'2) I joined the 10C queue about 5 and by skipping buying merchandise was second row almost behind HH and it was fine where I was.

Have a great time at your shows!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I can't believe that no-one has mentioned how unbelievable the version of WHY GO? from Dublin is.....at the time I thought yeah thats was class but listening back it just blows me away....Jeff at his best :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Frig!!! I am so looking forward to hearing this boot :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Frig!!! I am so looking forward to hearing this boot :D:D:D
    Ah wow, it's really amazing Dave. I'm never gonna listen to anything ever again... EVER!!!!

Oh does anyone catch what Ed says at the beginning of it's ok? When he asks if we wanna do some singing 'cos we're... ' and I didn't catch the end of that where he kinda mumbles something.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ah wow, it's really amazing Dave. I'm never gonna listen to anything ever again... EVER!!!!

Oh does anyone catch what Ed says at the beginning of it's ok? When he asks if we wanna do some singing 'cos we're... ' and I didn't catch the end of that where he kinda mumbles something.

Think it might be FLAC for this one... will try both!! :o:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Think it might be FLAC for this one... will try both!! :o:D
    Why? Just get FLAC. Brilliant quality - but then again I haven't heard the MP3 version but FLAC is excellent :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Why? Just get FLAC. Brilliant quality - but then again I haven't heard the MP3 version but FLAC is excellent :o

FLAC for the pc, MP3 for the Ipod... less memory... ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    UKDave wrote:
    FLAC for the pc, MP3 for the Ipod... less memory... ;):D

yeah but i hope you're just buying/acquiring the FlAC and converting it to MP3 yourself rather than buying both????

dont buy both... but you'll know that anyway probably :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    yeah but i hope you're just buying/acquiring the FlAC and converting it to MP3 yourself rather than buying both????

dont buy both... but you'll know that anyway probably :)

Was hoping on "acquiring" both actually ;)

Will buy Reading FLAC... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    I didn't think any version of Black could possibly top the extraordinary, spinetingling emotional orgasm of Dublin 2000 (when ed dived into the crowd right at the climax of Black) but fuck me!!!!! This time was unbelievable! And the people who deserve the most credit for such an amazing version is not the band - it's the crowd. Unbelievable. Pat on the back, indeed - well deserved.

and let's not forget what you all/we added to It's Ok (wow!), Better Man, tBaBiT, Indifference, and of course L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G (nice spelling, everyone!)

Jeez I'm welling up just reading this, will be unstoppable when I get to listen to it!!!! :o:D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Jeez I'm welling up just reading this, will be unstoppable when I get to listen to it!!!! :o:D:D:D
    I honestly don't know which is best though - it's ok or black? They both make me soooo fucking happy, it's just not natural!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I honestly don't know which is best though - it's ok or black? They both make me soooo fucking happy, it's just not natural!

Love Black..... and Crazy Mary.... and Daughter / It's OK.... and Indifference... and Better Man.... and of course Boys.... jeez.... just got my voice back from Reading.... :eek: :o time to soundproof the flat... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12