Options

crowd in Dublin... pat yourselves on the fuckin back!!!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
listen to Daughter!!!!! its fucking amazing!!! we outsing Eddie ;)

Its Ok... Its OKaaaaaaayyyy

listen to the first lines of the first verse.... how fucking loud were we... i have all the boots from 2005 and we blow them away :cool:
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    we were good all right...joined by you scots of course
    of which there were bucket loads
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    It's a beautiful sound isn't it?
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    did they really cover 'the boys are back in town'? that's pretty fuckin funny!
  • Options
    ha ha yeah it sounds amazing!Didnt think there would be many scots!But turns out there was loads of us!

Thank god for that, cause i could barely understand a word any irish folk said to me :P !!
  • Options
    cclayes wrote:
    ha ha yeah it sounds amazing!Didnt think there would be many scots!But turns out there was loads of us!

Thank god for that, cause i could barely understand a word any irish folk said to me :P !!

same in reverse and i was half bladdered to add to confusion
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    Listening to it now, brings it all back to me :)
    I actually got goosebumps listening to Better Man.
    Point Dublin 2000
    Point Dublin 2006
    Wembley Arena London 2007
  • Options
    Animal and Daughter are beautiful.
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

• Options
    but one of my mates has and he can't believe the crowd on daughter, betterman and black. Proud to say I was a part of it. Pats on backs all round for all who sang they're hearts out at the gig. And boys are back in town was a nice touch as well.
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    cclayes wrote:

i was talkin to this Irish cabbie and he could have been speaking in Swahili as far as i was concerned :D.. never made out a word... i think he had had a stroke though... :( not of my thigh you understand... ;)

good to see our Celtic brothers were there in good numbers... i met a fewr Scots oot there... i gave tablet to some of them... make them think of the motherland... which reminds me of my sig :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    kingsy wrote:
    Listening to it now, brings it all back to me :)
    I actually got goosebumps listening to Better Man.

me too... i could have grated cheese on my forearms... :):)
  • Options
    nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    IrishJam wrote:
    we were good all right...joined by you scots of course
    of which there were bucket loads

Too right - we rocked!!!!......
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Options
    hender wrote:
    Too right - we rocked!!!!......

fuckin hell... how many of us were there!!!!! :):)
  • Options
    I've JUST started listening to the bootleg....crowd is clapping along to the Inside Job intro and it sounds GREAT!

The sound quality is amazing too! Best sounding boot yet i think!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I couldn't believe how loud we were on Betterman - I was sooo proud to be part of it. Then when we pretty much showed Eddie how to sing It's Okay...:D

And the fact that we forced PJ to extend Black by about 30 seconds cos we wouldn't stop singing...

I still get goosebumps just typing it, never mind listening to it...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    fuckin hell... how many of us were there!!!!! :):)

dunno but bet we made loads of noise - I was in the second row - just to the right of Eddie
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Options
    hender wrote:
    dunno but bet we made loads of noise - I was in the second row - just to the right of Eddie

Just how easy/hard is it to breathe in the first couple of rows?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options

Depends how big you are :)

I was able to breathe fine, because I could plant my feet on the ground and keep a little bit of space between myself and the barrier.

• Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    Depends how big you are :)

I was able to breathe fine, because I could plant my feet on the ground and keep a little bit of space between myself and the barrier.

I'm very much average height, about 5'9 i think.

• Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    I'm very much average height, about 5'9 i think.

I'm about the same height and i was 2nd row (in front of mike) and i found it pretty ok to breathe and i have asthma so i was kinda worried before hand but it was fine

Could have been a hell of a lot worse
  • Options

yeah no problem at all - and i'm av height etc. security were pretty good with the water as well
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Options
    Dublin was fine in comparison to Antwerp... There was no barrier in Antwerp, so I had the whole floor (about 6 or 7,000 people probably) pushing me against the barrier..

• Options
    rony wrote:
    I'm about the same height and i was 2nd row (in front of mike) and i found it pretty ok to breathe and i have asthma so i was kinda worried before hand but it was fine

Could have been a hell of a lot worse

Glad to hear it was ok! As excited as i am about the upcoming Lisbon shows, i don't wanna end up looking back and just remembering how crushed i was!

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Glad to hear it was ok! As excited as i am about the upcoming Lisbon shows, i don't wanna end up looking back and just remembering how crushed i was!

So we're planning on getting to the first couple of rows are we? ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    add another 4 to the Scotland tally. :)

downloaded the boot earlier but i havent listened to it yet.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    So we're planning on getting to the first couple of rows are we? ;)

lol, you damn right! But i gotta move back if it's too squashed. A front-row view isn't worth sacrificing my breathing!

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    lol, you damn right! But i gotta move back if it's too squashed. A front-row view isn't worth sacrificing my breathing!

It isn't? I've done that for MANY a band less worthy of it than PJ.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    It isn't? I've done that for MANY a band less worthy of it than PJ.

Well as strong as my love for PJ is, i value my breathing a tad more! I want to enjoy the show instead of spending the whole time fighting for air!

• Options
    You're better in the front than in row 3 or 4, say... At least there's air to breathe in front of you :)

• Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    You're better in the front than in row 3 or 4, say... At least there's air to breathe in front of you :)

True. It's doubtful i'll make it to the front though, so im hoping for anything up to tenth row.

• Options
    True. It's doubtful i'll make it to the front though, so im hoping for anything up to tenth row.

lodsa room in the pit :)