Comments

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Target blue vinyl

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Just got this in the mail and I'm amazed I had never heard this before.  An absolutely gorgeous album.  Stunning!
    (Originally released in 1986)

The Feelies – The Good Earth

Label:Bar/None Records – BRNLP197
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered
    Released:Sep 8, 2009
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Alternative Rock, Indie Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    brianlux said:
    Just got this in the mail and I'm amazed I had never heard this before.  An absolutely gorgeous album.  Stunning!

Format:

The Feelies are amazing. I may have to pick this one up.

Is that a side project of The Touchies?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

I can almost guarantee you will love it.  Listening to it completely washed away all my cares.  Such an amazing record.  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

LOL. 
    I really want to look further into this band's catalogue.  Hard to imagine topping their The Good Earth, but you never know!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

I can almost guarantee you will love it.  Listening to it completely washed away all my cares.  Such an amazing record.  :smile:
    I have heard it. It's amazing. I think I put the "Let's Go" video in the Train's Lounge Car thread in AMT a while back. I have some of it on my phone. I just don't have it on vinyl. But I will shortly. I just ordered the Newbury colored vinyl edition. I had a roommate years ago who was really into them. So, I heard them quite a bit. I just never added much of their stuff to my own collection.

• brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

Awesome. In my humble opinion this is their best record. There is no doubt REM was influenced by these guys 

• What is this?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

I have heard it. It's amazing. I think I put the "Let's Go" video in the Train's Lounge Car thread in AMT a while back. I have some of it on my phone. I just don't have it on vinyl. But I will shortly. I just ordered the Newbury colored vinyl edition. I had a roommate years ago who was really into them. So, I heard them quite a bit. I just never added much of their stuff to my own collection.

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

Awesome. In my humble opinion this is their best record. There is no doubt REM was influenced by these guys 

Very cool. 
    Quick question for both of you savvy music fans: What about their first (and most widely recognized) album?  I tried to sample it on line but it sounded really tinny (on tiny computer speakers) and VERY different from The Good Earth?  It almost sounds like a different band. 
    Thoughts?

Just a heads up that Merchbar is having a great sale (30% off) right now. Lots of variety & worth checking out.

https://www.merchbar.com/sales/vinyl-deals
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2022
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

Very cool. 
    Quick question for both of you savvy music fans: What about their first (and most widely recognized) album?  I tried to sample it on line but it sounded really tinny (on tiny computer speakers) and VERY different from The Good Earth?  It almost sounds like a different band. 
    Thoughts?
    I think there are about 6 years between the two albums and a couple of band members left. They then played under all kinds of pseudonyms around Jersey/NY I believe (Trypes/Yung Wu/Willies).
    The new lineup then recorded Good Earth back under the original band name. 

The first album is a great album, I like the second one more. I don’t have a vinyl copy of Crazy Rhythms to comment on how it sounds vs. the streaming music (which always sucks imo). Ive been looking at European copies from 1980 on discogs, but haven’t found one with reasonable shipping costs in VG+ or better condition yet. 

I would also add the third album from ‘88, Only Life, is an ennjoyable listen. Found the Canadian version of that one for $10 a while back. It was their first major label release. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

I bit the bullet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Format:

Very cool. 
    Thoughts?
    I think there are about 6 years between the two albums and a couple of band members left. They then played under all kinds of pseudonyms around Jersey/NY I believe (Trypes/Yung Wu/Willies).
    The new lineup then recorded Good Earth back under the original band name. 

The first album is a great album, I like the second one more. I don’t have a vinyl copy of Crazy Rhythms to comment on how it sounds vs. the streaming music (which always sucks imo). Ive been looking at European copies from 1980 on discogs, but haven’t found one with reasonable shipping costs in VG+ or better condition yet. 

I would also add the third album from ‘88, Only Life, is an ennjoyable listen. Found the Canadian version of that one for $10 a while back. It was their first major label release. 

Great response, thanks!
    I ordered Only Life from Bar/None Records last night.  Looking forward to it!
    I'm still on the fence about Crazy Rhythms.  What I've sample of it sounds a lot like Talking Heads herky jerky music.  That is no put-down on either band- I loved Talking Heads back in the day and seeing them in 1982, that was a phenomenal show, but I'm not so much drawn to that kind of coke fueled architecture these days.  But that said, I am curious and open to the idea that I might like Crazy Rhythms  after all. 

• Shopping cart
    Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
    Nolan Potter - Music Is Dead - Royal Bloodline Edition Vinyl
    Nolan Potter - Music Is DeadRoyal Bloodline Edition Vinyl1$25.00
    JRCG - Ajo Sunshine - Neon Splat Edition Vinyl
    J.R.C.G. - Ajo SunshineNeon Splat Edition Vinyl1$25.00
    Osees - Weirdo Hairdo - Pilsner Edition Vinyl
    Osees - Weirdo HairdoPilsner Edition Vinyl1$18.00
    Osees - Levitation Sessions I - Gold Spill Castle Face Edition
    Osees - Levitation Sessions I - Gold Spill Castle Face Edition1$28.00
    Osees - Levitation Sessions II - Crimson Smoke Castle Face Edition
    Osees - Levitation Sessions II - Crimson Smoke Castle Face Edition1$30.00

over at Castlefacerecords.com
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited January 2022

What is this?
    King Animal demos.

Bones of Birds
    By Crooked Steps
    Halfway There
    Worse Dreams
    Black Saturday
    Thousand Days Before

Worth it for the album cover colours alone. Great songs - I think I'll give the regular album a spin today!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Incubus - Make Yourself

Love this album a ton, but not as much as my wife. Looking forward to blasting it this weekend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mfc2006 said:
    Incubus - Make Yourself

Love this album a ton, but not as much as my wife. Looking forward to blasting it this weekend!
    Oh man.  Great album.  If it’s the same pressing I have it rocks
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

mfc2006 said:
    Incubus - Make Yourself

Oh man.  Great album.  If it’s the same pressing I have it rocks
    2012 pressing, I believe
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Spoon - Transference repress and Ga Ga Ga 
    Tom Petty Live Anthology
    REM - Monster reissue
    Pearl Jam Vault #3 (finally)
    CAAMP - Live EP
    www.cluthelee.com
    jjflash said:

Two greats!  I must look into this one!

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Tom Petty Live Anthology
    REM - Monster reissue
    CAAMP - Live EP
    Nice on vault #3.  Not a cheapie.  

How did you enjoy the Live Anthology?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mrussel1 said:
    Tom Petty Live Anthology
    REM - Monster reissue
    CAAMP - Live EP

That one is on it's way, I've had the CD since it was released and I think it is one of the best live sounding recordings in existence! Yep, V3 was $400 sealed. I made a promise to myself after that one never to pay over market value for PJ stuff again! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Gibson said:

What is this?
    King Animal demos.

Bones of Birds
    By Crooked Steps
    Halfway There
    Worse Dreams
    Black Saturday
    Thousand Days Before

Worth it for the album cover colours alone. Great songs - I think I'll give the regular album a spin today!
    Hmm. So they sound good those versions too? Or is it really rough sounding demos? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    Tom Petty Live Anthology
    REM - Monster reissue
    CAAMP - Live EP

That one is on it's way, I've had the CD since it was released and I think it is one of the best live sounding recordings in existence! Yep, V3 was $400 sealed. I made a promise to myself after that one never to pay over market value for PJ stuff again! 
    I agree it's as good as live can get!