______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Uses DC to heat a pouch. You put the record between two pieces of metal (protected by thin felt pads) that wingnut together. The metal has some weight to it and the heat (between 130-150F) along with the weight flattens the record without groove distortion.  Make sure the record is very clean (don’t want to bake anything into the grooves) and let it go. Give it some time to cool off…. Really simple. 

Cost me about $300CDN for the flattener and groovy pouch. Shipping was $50. I’m impressed. Have a King’s X RSD that was badly warped right out of the sleeve baking right now. All 3 of those King’s X RSDs in 2021 were warped. 
    Great product
    I was expecting a B or C+ and received an A. 
    Yea, I have had one a while, and will endorse it to anyone.
    To be clear, I wasn’t intending to present the product like it is a new thing. I’m aware it’s been around for a decade or so. I read the Steve Hoffman forum discussions on it prior to purchasing as it’s no small investment with the currency exchange and shipping. 

My original post was just a comment on how happy I was to listen to a Husker Du record that for seemingly forever had been virtually unplayable. Interestingly, folks around here have never heard of it. None of the local record shop keepers I’ve talked to in particular, and all are interested in what I think of it. 

I took before and after vids with my smartphone to show them.  

You would think RS owners would like it, as it may keep people from returning warped records. Which I think they take losses on.
  • MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Uses DC to heat a pouch. You put the record between two pieces of metal (protected by thin felt pads) that wingnut together. The metal has some weight to it and the heat (between 130-150F) along with the weight flattens the record without groove distortion.  Make sure the record is very clean (don’t want to bake anything into the grooves) and let it go. Give it some time to cool off…. Really simple. 

Cost me about $300CDN for the flattener and groovy pouch. Shipping was $50. I’m impressed. Have a King’s X RSD that was badly warped right out of the sleeve baking right now. All 3 of those King’s X RSDs in 2021 were warped. 
    Great product
    To be clear, I wasn’t intending to present the product like it is a new thing. I’m aware it’s been around for a decade or so. I read the Steve Hoffman forum discussions on it prior to purchasing as it’s no small investment with the currency exchange and shipping. 

My original post was just a comment on how happy I was to listen to a Husker Du record that for seemingly forever had been virtually unplayable. Interestingly, folks around here have never heard of it. None of the local record shop keepers I’ve talked to in particular, and all are interested in what I think of it. 

You would think RS owners would like it, as it may keep people from returning warped records. Which I think they take losses on.
    I got the impression why they were interested is they could purchase a unit of their own for returned items and flatten the record to sell in the used bin. Cut their losses or break even. 
    Also, they are record collectors themselves and have some they would like to flatten 

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited January 2022
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Great product

I think I returned at least 5 copies of PJ self titled reissue.  They all seemed to be warped.  Then I got the vinyl flat, problem solved 

that album was the deciding factor for me. LP 2 packed with the large booklet I suspect was the problem 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Great product
    ......me too!  My original pressings of Ten and VS. were severely warped.  So much, that I could not play them.  Slow and low is the key with the Vinyl Flat.  Both records are now playable and sound great!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

• garland09garland09 Posts: 830

It’s been a long time since I gave this a listen.  It’s so damn good.

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    garland09 said:

Awesome
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Lost In The Dream

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:

Do you have the AP as well?
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Do you have the AP as well?
    No, have the MFSL and the OG Sounds of the South. I just watched the doc "If I Leave Here Tomorrow" the other day so I am in a Skynyrd mood. So I am thinking of picking the APs for Pronounced and Second Helping up. Also, I am looking for a nice OG One More From the Road, mine is VG at best, and I love it, but want a nice pressing. Have heard the reissues aren't very good.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    garland09 said:

Easily one of the best live albums I've ever heard.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Fucking LOVE this record! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

nothing is real but the way that I feel. I feel like going down down down down down-RJD RIP

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Basstastic!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • For the ultimate guilty pleasure of 80’s music this is the album 
    Dude... that is the worst.  Did you already spin Get Lucky by Loverboy?
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Dude... that is the worst.  Did you already spin Get Lucky by Loverboy?
    Unless they also did theme songs for Baywatch, Rocky, and karate kid, no.  😂

now this will be stuck in your head literally all day
    https://youtu.be/ay2O6n4QDF4
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

They were insanely popular in 1996. 

• This is simply a phenomenal sounding record. RKS nailed it. 

This is simply a phenomenal sounding record. RKS nailed it. 
    Been looking to get that.  Often I prefer the 33 to the 45x2. Particularly with a label like AP, it can be hard to tell the difference.  

I can tell you that the 45 Rumours is better than the same 33, but that's not AP.  
  • mrussel1 said:

Been looking to get that.  Often I prefer the 33 to the 45x2. Particularly with a label like AP, it can be hard to tell the difference.  

I can tell you that the 45 Rumours is better than the same 33, but that's not AP.  
    This one and the Mingus x5 releases are just fantastic. 
    mrussel1 said:

This one and the Mingus x5 releases are just fantastic. 
    Did you get the two,Coltrane releases that were just released by AP?  Mine arrive tomorrow I think.  Coltrane records test your system.  He blows the shit out of the high registers.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    You want to talk about phenomenal sounding and fantastic records!

I SAW PEARL JAM